Notices

Class of April 2018 Part One

Old 04-05-2018, 12:00 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zombie79 View Post
Thank you:-)
Actually yea, when I think back to drinking, I was never enjoying food. Food was essentially another craving from drinking too much or I'd stuff my face with something carb heavy to soak up the alcohol and lessen a hangover
But you're right, nothing done whilst drinking was comfortable.

Start of day 24! Hope everyone has a good day:-)
wishing I was starting day 24 with you .... Last weekend was so not worth it
Old 04-05-2018, 12:19 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

You'll get there strawberry!

I've relapsed so many times. I don't know what's different this time apart from me realising how bad my finances were getting and how horrible I felt. I knew I needed to change.
Even last night, I didn't have an urgent or craving as such just a 'what if' thought and I just felt, it's not worth feeling that bad after.
Stay strong strawberry!:-)
Old 04-05-2018, 06:46 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Good morning class.

NotOnlyMe it's good that you have a Dr on your side. I too seem to have an addictive personality. Booze just seems to be the worst and hardest and what I hate the most. I hope you find an AA meeting you like. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Strawberry a mini vacation sounds fabulous! It's kinda crazy how beer goes with kids sports isn't it? Here we cant openly drink and watch. But there is plenty of coolers in vehicles around here. My plan this year is to keep ours stocked with other beverages. I see me being the DD a lot also which is fine. I'm glad before baseball starts games I will be over a month sober.
But yes, have a plan!

Our morning started of with us missing the bus. But that was fine. I enjoyed an extra 15 minutes with my boys in the car.
No for dishes, laundry, meditation, and some recovery podcasts.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:33 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, just reading through and hope everyone is doing well today. Day 4 for me and slept incredibly well last night which was wonderful!! Reading back, hope you are doing ok today Nichole?? Hang in there sweet girl!!
Old 04-05-2018, 08:51 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post

NotOnlyMe it's good that you have a Dr on your side. I too seem to have an addictive personality. Booze just seems to be the worst and hardest and what I hate the most. I hope you find an AA meeting you like. Keep us posted on how it goes.
Thanks for the support ChickChick. Your avatar is adorable, btw.

Day 4. Been off of everything including my meds. Feeling pretty decent this morning, actually. My mind feels pretty clear and didn't have as much lag this morning. Feeling hopeful. Although not 100% unprocessed, breakfast was a lot healthier than normal and started taking my prenatal vitamins again. Going to see my new counselor today, and if I am really ambitious, might stop at a meeting.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:53 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Good Morning from Oregon. Start of day 3 for me. Hoping you all are having a good day!!
Old 04-05-2018, 08:59 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Good morning sixstring!

NOM (hope you don't mind the abrriviation), the clear feeling in the morning is the best! Thanks about my avatar, I like to change it up with different chicks. IRL baby chicks might be one of my addictions..... Lol.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:12 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

.....might be....hmm......

This is my favourite one EVER love. ♥
Old 04-05-2018, 10:27 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
.....might be....hmm......

This is my favourite one EVER love. ♥
Thank you! I still love seeing sweet Venus in yours! 🖤🖤🖤
Old 04-05-2018, 11:04 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Always....I will adore her forever. ♥
Old 04-05-2018, 11:42 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

My hubby came home for lunch 2 hours ago. We had a great lunch and chatted about who is doing what with which kid for practice tonight. The usual. But I confided that I didn't want to go to the littlest's practice because I liked to smoke with the Moms. This wouldn't be a huge deal. But if i smoke I know 100% I would go buy a case of beer. Sigh. Hubby said no problem, that he will take those practices. I am so lucky to have him. ❤

But now my mind is in a cycle the past 2 hours of buying smokes and beer. Or just smokes. Or just beer. Who am I kidding, it would be both! Omg.

So I've cleaned up a ton, drank a glass of milk, had a cookie. And here I am. Not willing to give in. Maybe a nap would do the trick.

Sorry for the rant. But posting here is on my list of things to do. And I'm sticking to the list! I hate whining here every afternoon. But I hope by doing just that someday I wont have to be in this situation every afternoon anymore.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:32 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Oh gosh honey.....sorry no one was here.....

I smoke...I get it....it always went hand in hand for me too.
Your husband is awesome.... So glad you have that support.

Hopefully you had a nap and are OK....time for a snack I think.
And a phone call to a girlfriend. Make some plans just for you.... ♥
Old 04-05-2018, 01:40 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Thinking about you chick chick hopefully all is well
Old 04-05-2018, 01:40 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Sending you love too dearest Nichole. xxx ♥
Old 04-05-2018, 01:51 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

hang in there chick!
smoking and drinking = high anxiety the next morning. total regret.
kids in activities adds a level of stress

think about how tomorrow morning could go with the kids. helping them get ready for school. headache and regret? no! you deserve more than that.

be good to yourself.
you got this!
Old 04-05-2018, 02:04 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Sending you love too dearest Nichole. xxx ♥
Thanks I’m going to need it !!! I’m already getting worked up and I have two days of h*ll coming next two days are going to be benzo withdrawal 3 a day to none a day until they can fill my prescription how can you be out of medication at a pharmacy??? Im already having anxiety or withdrawals idk which maybe both nervous and shaking heart is racing so is my mind I’m a mess at the moment but I guess it’s something I’m going to have to deal with lucky me o well it’s another day we will see what tomorrow brings
Old 04-05-2018, 02:16 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh.....of course that is scary for you.
There are herbal calm aids that may help in the interim love....maybe ask your pharmacist. Please PM if you want to and we can chat a little....mostly, please know that it IS going to be alright. ♥♥
Old 04-05-2018, 02:29 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh.....of course that is scary for you.
There are herbal calm aids that may help in the interim love....maybe ask your pharmacist. Please PM if you want to and we can chat a little....mostly, please know that it IS going to be alright. ♥♥
Thanks I’m thinking the only way out is staying sober!!!! because I start a new medication tomorrow for my other issues and I want it to work I’m tired of switching medications every two weeks I want my life back and drinking delays every I’m doing right now unfortunately it’s day 1 but I have y’all to make it day 2 tomorrow
Old 04-05-2018, 02:32 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

I like that solution love.....so, if you end up feeling shaky, there are solutions in the food world....a banana for example can help. And lots of water. And 5/10 minute walks. ♥♥♥
Old 04-05-2018, 02:54 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Thank you guys

I had a good cry and a nap. Not feeling 100% at the moment. But MUCH better than before. I'll take it! I woke to such a nice afternoon we have the windows open, that always makes things feel right.

Nichole, I'm thinking of you. You can do this. I am so sorry they are out of your meds at the pharmacy!