Notices

Class of April 2018 Part One

Old 04-01-2018, 06:27 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Howdy Red

So I’m still trying not to drink but the feeling still there and strong.....I’m I doing something wrong??? Is this when an action plan comes into play???? Because my F it attitude is squeezing its way in and that’s a disaster itself!!!!
Old 04-01-2018, 06:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Red.

Nichole have you tried eating something sweet, exercising, taking a bath, brushing your teeth or other of those types of things to keep you occupied until the craving passes?
Old 04-01-2018, 06:58 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey chickchick
Only thing I’ve done is listen to music trying to occupy my mind but obviously that hasn’t helped any and I got my kids asleep which makes me think just one drink it won’t hurt anyone or anything!!!!
Old 04-01-2018, 07:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi all, I'm going to join this class too, since I was a late Marcher to sobriety. I think two classes will be great support. I had over 30 days Feb. into early March and then stepped back to my old ways. I am now committed to this sober life for good, and I'm going to do all I can to stay away from alcohol (wine in particular was my choice.)

I'm not counting days but I'm a bit over a week and will look forward to sharing when I hit 30 days.

I was reminded today how the urges can just come out of nowhere...when you least expect it. I was feeling great today with no desires for drink until I decided to call my mom. She mentions right away how she just poured a glass of wine, so my timing was perfect. I admit I began having slight thoughts to drink, very slight, but decided to enjoy the conversation and go for a walk when I hung up. Honestly, I'm a bit worried about my mom. She's not a heavy drinker, but I have seen her wine intake increase in frequency over the last couple of years. I feel sorry for her, and I hope when I tell her I've stopped drinking, she'll think about her own habits.
Anyway, on my walk I listened to a great sober podcast which set my mind totally straight again. I would highly recommend podcasts. They are very encouraging and a good reminder that we are not alone in this sobriety journey.

I look forward to all the posts this month!
Old 04-01-2018, 08:51 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Quitnow. I had a similar experience with a friend today. My mind wandered to drinking when a friend texted at 12:15 and said one beer down. And then continually texted the rest of the day. Of course it turned into texts I couldn't read. I did text her after her first and said none for me today. And every text that she sent after I felt really good with my choice today.
I love sober podcasts too!

I'm exhausted, in a good way. I'll see you all tomorrow.
Old 04-01-2018, 10:42 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Morning from day 1 . Just feeling fuzzy and tired. No headache or sickness ! It's going to be a long day
Old 04-01-2018, 10:57 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Day 1 today ended up drinking I take full responsibility for my bad decision really nothing to say about it other then when someone hands you a glass of wine and tells you to chill out it’s hard to put it down when your weak at the moment I just wanted the cravings and withdrawals to stop but instead added another day of them
Old 04-01-2018, 10:59 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Strawberry I think we’re both better off without alcohol
Old 04-01-2018, 11:27 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by xxxNICHOLExxx View Post
Strawberry I think we’re both better off without alcohol
Yep... So let's make today our last day 1 . How many times have I said this? Sick of felling sick. Tired of feeling tired.
I have to change . That will start today
Old 04-02-2018, 01:11 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Today is 21 days sober for me!!!!

When I decided to be sober, I honestly didn't think I'd hit 3 weeks as like a lot of people, I seem to get to one week then the cravings get too much/ I just feel like a deserve a drink to take the edge off

Very happy and positive, next goal is 28days! I've seen my heart rate drop, my cardio fitness increase and my sleep gradually improve.
Today I woke up listening to the rain and just felt good that it's another sober morning. A major thing helping me is wanting sobriety more than anything else. I don't want to wake up again at day 1.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:12 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Joining this group. Slipped and slid yesterday and need the accountability. I take responsibility for prolonging the tired and fuzzy head I will have Monday and Tuesday. I don't like it but I will own it.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:17 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I am in too. I also slipped yesterday, so back at it today and determined more than ever.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:36 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Welcome gymratgirl and Sath

Hey y’all
So it’s 630am Im starting my day!! I’m little upset with myself but I already know what tonight is going to be like so I’m going to the store to get stuff I like that's healthy to help me get through the night no more day 1s postive changes
Take care y’all
Last day 1
Congrats zombie on days
Old 04-02-2018, 03:49 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Count me in folks! Eight days sober, but a little late for the March class. Hopefully there’s still room on the April bus. 5am in my part of the world. I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:29 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Right here we go....
This morning I woke up with a hangover and after an argument with my girlfriend realised what a mess my life has become (again) and that I urgently need to sort myself out.
Approximately 18 months ago I was in this same boat, probably worse, but without typing up my full life story I sobered up. I managed a little over 6 months without a drink and then finally relapsed.

It started slowly with just the odd few drinks and gradually built up to where I am now with daily drinking and more recently binge drinking. Looking in the mirror I can see the damage, I have put on a couple of stone and my mind that was once so sharp when I was sober is now fuzzy.

I lost my girlfriend through drink and after around 4 months of sobriety got her back and I realise I am now in serious danger of losing her again.

So day one it is again, it is a long hard journey but I know it can be done, I have done it before and my health both physical and mental improved immeasurably.

So why did I relapse, because I became complacent.
Will I relapse again? quite probably but what I most need now is to bank some sober days. Today is the first step then tomorrow then the next day and then set my new goals.

I can seriously say the sober 6 months that I enjoyed were just the greatest. I need to draw strength from that time and get my Sh*t together as I feel I am spiraling and although not at rock bottom as I was when I first joined this group I know I am rapidly descending.

Wish me luck and likewise I wish you all the best with you journeys.
Rob
Old 04-02-2018, 04:34 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

20hours ... Dizzy fuzzy tired and scared of my health . Why I keep doing this over and over !
Old 04-02-2018, 04:44 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Stay strong Strawberry
Old 04-02-2018, 04:47 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good morning all! Glad to see new faces!
I'll be back in a bit to check in more.

Together we can do this ODAAT!
Old 04-02-2018, 05:01 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Afternoon everyone and new x

Day 8 for me, im hoping this week my mood doesn't lower even more. As normal my appetite has gone and eating disorder is in full swing, least my anxiety is not bad. Got my follow up with my alcohol councillor tomo . oh the other good thing is i am not taking myself to bed as much.
So i am sitting here watching carry on movie and catching up on stuff here.

Have a good day all if u can, keep up the fight xx
Old 04-02-2018, 05:27 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Embracing Joys of Sobriety

Day 8 here for me...am determined to make April completely sober! Was in January class but relapsed after 58 days but bounced back after two and half weeks destructive and ugly bender.

We all are resilient! Looking forward to our journey as a strong and supportive team.

Onward we go!