Notices

Class of April 2018 Part One

Old 04-04-2018, 11:39 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Forgot to add congrats on everyone’s days if your struggling don’t give in remember who you are sober and who you are drinking what good feelings sobriety has and the terrible things drinking can have day 1s suck I have never been mad about being sober because it’s the life we’re posed to be living just push through cause tomorrow is a different day I reckon I should take me own advice too
Old 04-04-2018, 11:57 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Can I join please? I'm day 13 today. It's nearing the end of the day for me as I'm in the UK.
I've tried numerous times before to quit unsuccessfully obviously!
Would love to give/receive some support from you guys on the road to soberity
Old 04-04-2018, 12:07 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Pinky ♥♥♥

So glad to see you love. You are joining an awesome class.... (says Suze the interloper....)

Love you honey.....so happy to have you back with us.
Old 04-04-2018, 12:28 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Hi Pinky!
Like you I'm in the UK :-) congrats on 13 days!I've tried multiple times but relapsed a lot the past two years. I'm now coming to the end of my 23rd day. Posting here has definitely helped, it keeps me accountable.

Today I checked my finances. I'm terrible with money and normally bury my head in the sand or previously, just keep drinking til the money runs out. Today I checked and my money is pretty healthy looking!! I was surprised as even though I'm not drinking,my sugar cravings are through the roof .... thankfully chocolate is a lot cheaper than booze!
When I was drinking, the booze was all that mattered and a 'treat' was being able to afford some fresh chicken, a 6 pack of diet coke and a bar of chocolate. Past couple of weeks it's been really great to have this stuff all the time. Not to look at my bank account and determine what I can afford with 8quid left!
So tonight I topped up my gas meter, got some nice shower gel, some cleansing face wipes and nibbles. Going to watch MasterChef then have a nice shower, then bed.
Hope everyone has a good evening

Last edited by Zombie79; 04-04-2018 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 04-04-2018, 12:33 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

That is awesome Zombie.....
Old 04-04-2018, 12:46 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
That is awesome Zombie.....
Thanks Venuscat!! When I read back what I wrote I sometimes think- that doesn't sound so great, but I feel it is because my head isn't in the dirge that is alcohol addiction. Where most of my free time was lost to drinking, getting more drunk and really neglecting myself. Just to have the little luxuries- like ample heating, new smelly stuff and chocolatey reserves really cheers me up x
Old 04-04-2018, 01:19 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Ha Zombie,
I'm gorging on shed loads of chocolate while watching Master Chef !
Was so good tonight !
Old 04-04-2018, 01:44 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

I felt a bit bad for the blue team as the guy doing the broth didn't really add up to much. I thought Nisha was going to be out after the gnocchi handling!

Thing is, I'd hate that sort of food. Given my current sweet tooth, if it's not galaxy or Cadbury, it's not on my radar lol I just like MasterChef because of the way you see them get better at every stage.
Another good thing sober is I can watch it and remember it! So many times I had to re- watch stuff because I was drunk! Not now:-)
Old 04-04-2018, 02:08 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Day 3 completed for me and my first serious test as work mates tried to get me to join them at the pub. Managed to say no as I knew somebody would buy me a pint, and I know I am not at that stage and strong enough mentally to have had the pressure of drink being pushed on me. So back home and drinking plenty of water instead.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:35 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Great job finishing our day 5 Robster!

Zombie I love your sober gratitude for remembering. I cant tell you how many times I read half a book and couldn't remember a thing!

Pinky, welcome! 13 days is fantastic.

Lunch and then an awsome nap totally took away my craving. I really must have needed that sleep I was out cold, lol.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:38 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Out cold huh.....like this?

Old 04-04-2018, 04:34 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Checking in for day 14. Two weeks already, I like it. I hope everybody is feeling well.
Old 04-04-2018, 05:23 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Out cold huh.....like this?

Yes! Just like that!
Old 04-04-2018, 08:15 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Thanks Chick:-)

Congrats on two weeks orderfororder! I always look at the weeks as a mini goal, the more weeks you build up sober, the easier it gets sorta thing. How are you feeling at the 2week stage?
Old 04-04-2018, 08:36 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zombie79 View Post
Thanks Venuscat!! When I read back what I wrote I sometimes think- that doesn't sound so great, but I feel it is because my head isn't in the dirge that is alcohol addiction. Where most of my free time was lost to drinking, getting more drunk and really neglecting myself. Just to have the little luxuries- like ample heating, new smelly stuff and chocolatey reserves really cheers me up x
I read your post and smiled. I think it is super great! I think life is so great when we can enjoy and appreciate the simple and clean pleasures. It sounds so warm and cozy to eat good food and watch a good tv program. Drinking never made me feel warm and cozy!
Old 04-04-2018, 09:14 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Day 3 is awesome NotOnlyMe....

Sometimes a glass of milk really helps with cravings.....it was advice given to me that helped a lot.
Not sure if you guys have seen this thread yet....

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-cravings.html (CarolD's tips for cravings)
Thank you, venuscat, that link was actually a really helpful rabbit hole. I'm going to go back to it when I have more time!
Old 04-04-2018, 09:27 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Good night all! Cant wait to be sober with you again tomorrow!
Old 04-04-2018, 09:37 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

So I got out of my Dr. visit today. My doc agreed to not put me on a new SSRI, but she is giving me a low dose of Trazodone for the insomnia and wants me to come back in a few weeks. She has agreed to back me in wanting to work with lifestyle changes rather than meds, but wants to see how I do.

I binged on everything processed, sugary, and enriched today like a mad person. Tomorrow I intend to cut it all out. Today has proven that that is going to be a challenge.

Everything seems to become addiction in my life: Food, screen time, smoking, alcohol, or even just daily routines... Have a past with drug use as well, but have managed to mostly stick to what I considered lesser evils. Alcohol, as it turns out, is hardly a lesser evil.
I am tired of living my life addicted to stuff and feeling like a failure. It all feeds into the same cycle. It's insane.

Progress, not perfection. I need to remember that mantra. Have a tendency toward black and white thinking and being too hard on myself.

I scoped out some AA meetings today. Now just need to find the courage to set foot in the door. Especially for the one/s I would have to bring my son to. Kinda concerned it will be too disruptive and not appreciated.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:58 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Morning all ! Day 4! A busy day with the animals for me today! We're going on a 4 day mini holiday next week as my son has a football tournament the other side of Greece on the island of Poros ... I need to get everything tidied and organized out there.
I'm so so excited to having a stop in Athens and having a McDonald's ( it's been 2 years lol).
Need to make a plan not to drink on this trip.. But 30 football dads and mums ... Sunshine... Beers ..
Old 04-04-2018, 11:30 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Quitnow4 View Post
I read your post and smiled. I think it is super great! I think life is so great when we can enjoy and appreciate the simple and clean pleasures. It sounds so warm and cozy to eat good food and watch a good tv program. Drinking never made me feel warm and cozy!
Thank you:-)
Actually yea, when I think back to drinking, I was never enjoying food. Food was essentially another craving from drinking too much or I'd stuff my face with something carb heavy to soak up the alcohol and lessen a hangover
But you're right, nothing done whilst drinking was comfortable.

Start of day 24! Hope everyone has a good day:-)