Notices

Class of April 2018 Part One

Old 04-02-2018, 05:47 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hey y’all
Soooo the lovely cravings are here and been sticking around for few hours but guess what I don’t care because I’ve chosen not to drink Hasn’t been easy but sometimes you have to be in the dark to see the light!!! Getting ready to call it an early night which means going to bed sober which means actually sleep not blacking out I can get used to this!!!!!!
End of my last day 1 feels freaking amazing!!!!
Hope all is well
Take care y’all
Old 04-02-2018, 06:10 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good on you Nichole

D
Old 04-02-2018, 08:27 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Great job Nichole! On to day 2!

I'm excited to be going to bed sober again. It is such a good feeling. We've had a great evening here. I'm very happy with what I put into my recovery today.

See you all tomorrow!
Old 04-02-2018, 08:29 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Way to get through day 1, Nichole. On to the next!

Feeling so grateful today for so many things, but most of all for my sober clear mind/head. Feeling joy again which I haven’t felt since last attempt in Feb. I am so glad I don’t drink and I’m free from the sneaking and obsession.

Sleep has been wonderful and deep...a gift.

Feeling very solid about sobriety. Just finished This Naked Mind by Annie Grace. Great read. I can see turning back to this book often during the first few months.

I hope you all have a great sober week. If you feel down and out, start a gratitude list...that may put things into proper perspective.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:46 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Good job everyone on day 1. Nicole and Chickchick. Let's do day two together tomorrow. I don't feel great today, tired and worn out but I did not embarrass myself, nor do I have to wake up tomorrow wondering where my keys are. I know I will feel better by With each day.

Hope you stop drinking dr. I know it seems to help with work but it has never helped me.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:04 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Day 2 this morning and feeling good. ! A beutiful Sunny day here !
A bit worried about Easter weekend coming up... Lots of temptation like I had 2 days ago and fell.
have a great day everyone x
Old 04-02-2018, 11:29 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Sath chickchick quitnow4 dee thanks

Strawberry way to go!!!! since you know what’s coming up maybe work on a plan to help you get through the weekend!!!!

Everyone else hopefully you’re okay!!! Would love to hear how your doing. Hopefully it’s awesome!!!!

Feels like I’m posting way to much but I’m just so freaking excited to be sober and in a good mood it’s 2am and still cheerful.... who needs sleep anyways!!!! I actually feel like me and it’s been a very long time since I’ve got to live life with out depression!!! Day 2 number so small yet means so much but at the end of the day it doesn’t matter if its day 2000, 200. Or day 2 as long as your sober and willing to fight that’s what matters in my book!!!! Stay strong and positive through those bad days everyone deserves a happy ending!!! Guess I should work on an action plan myself and work on recovery just not sobriety
Take care y’all
Old 04-03-2018, 12:31 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

Post as much as you need to Nichole - that goes for everyone else too

D
Old 04-03-2018, 12:41 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Day 22 for me:-)
Finding that I don't get up during the night anymore to go to the loo which is nice!!

Started taking vitamins to help with the fact I've been abusing my body for so long with poison

I think I'm feeling calmer too and my cardio fitness has increased sincerely going sober. It's still in the 'poor' section but it's gone up 4 points so I see that as good. Even going out with the dog, I used to have the dog pulling a lot but now it's more like we're walking at a good pace.
Old 04-03-2018, 02:16 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Natasha1994 View Post
I know I need to quit drinking. I’m 24 with a bad drinking problem. I know I need to address it now before it destroys my life. I’ve been having a hard time staying sober for more than a week. April is a new month and I would really love to succeed in this tough journey.
Hey Natasha
We are close in age I have a few years on you but I’ve been told a lot that people wish they stopped at our age instead of waiting!!! They have told me take this opportunity and make the changes now!!!! I think I have to agree with them because we have our whole life ahead of us!!!! It is hard to stay sober at first but it’s also harder keeping the cycle of drinking I hope the best for you and my advice is post before you drink let us help you out don’t be scared to reach out for help we are all in this together find stuff you can do that will help you get through your cravings for me it’s lots of music keeps my mind busy!!!! Hopefully your days turns out awesome!!!!!
Old 04-03-2018, 04:57 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Day 4.
Feeling much better than I have since Feburary. I knew March would be a hard month. But I really let it get away with me. I will work hard to never have a month like that again.

I've gotten so much done this morning and my kids haven't even left for school yet!
Old 04-03-2018, 05:59 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Afternoon all x

I havent been in the best of moods this morn, but my husband did something at the weekend and came through today which he got ozzy man who does reviews to do one for me and bri for our 21st anniversary coming up when our first grandchild comes and also my husband turns 50 in june so was brill to get that as i just find him soo funny and love his humour.

so day 9 so have great day all xx
Old 04-03-2018, 06:07 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Good morning April friends, pouring rain in Pennsylvania, but happy to be on day 2. Hope everyone has a happy and more importantly sober day!!
Old 04-03-2018, 07:24 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Reading through all of these posts I can see so much determination and commitment in everyone! Keep going. I'm rooting for you all and sending positive thoughts your way.
sb
Old 04-03-2018, 07:41 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

It’s been a very interesting day!!!
No school because of the rain the creek took over our road we live in a holler so the water really has no where to go it’s past the car door in spots

I also totally forgot my anniversary today my husband came home with flowers which first thing I thought was what did he do wrong this time but then I was like oooo s*th it’s my anniversary I feel bad but I have a lot going on in my head at the moment good thing we celebrated last week I find it ironic one thing I thought about was drinking I find every opportunity to drink
Old 04-03-2018, 08:00 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Happy Anniversary Nichole!

AV is tricky on big occasions. Don't listen, stay strong! Enjoy your day!
Old 04-03-2018, 08:09 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Day 6 for me today, I cannot believe it!! Never thought I'd be able to get this far. Feels too good to be true. I have a good friend I've known for years, I know he's been sober for decades, I finally "came out." He didn't know I was a drinker. I told him I lost the social aspect of drinking years ago almost watching somebody wreck their car driving drunk, but the night time addiction continued. Glad to have you all for support! Can't wait for an amazing sober summer!
Old 04-03-2018, 08:36 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Welcome 34Blue and congrats on 6 days.
A sober summer is something I am very much looking forward to also!
Old 04-03-2018, 08:37 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Trying this again. Third time's a charm hopefully. I am on Day 5 and feeling a lot better this time than the last two times I tried to quit. I almost feel like I knew it wouldn't work before, but this time feels different. So ya, I am joining the April class of 2018. Hi.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:05 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome rmeatgt!