Old 04-09-2018, 04:58 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back give it a go

D
Old 04-09-2018, 05:08 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Another day 2 in the books.
Trying to keep my posts shorter and on topic.

Hope you all have a great evening.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:50 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Just found out that my 8 year old daughter’s play friend is going to have to switch schools for the rest of the school year due to family reasons.

I offered to watch her after school until her mom gets off of work for the rest of the school year.

I’m starting to question myself. Is this a good or a bad idea?

On one hand besides after school lessons and sports that she has, we are always home. I’d have to bring her friend with us to after school activities. No big deal. My daughter is like an only child. Sibling grown and out of house. She’s always bored and plays along really nicely with this friend. So that would be nice.

On the other hand I have to be logical. I’m on day 2 sober. I’m serious in my commitment but... it’s day 2! When I drink during the week I am useless. I make my daughter miss after school lessons because of my drinking a lot.

Am I making too big of a commitment here? Maybe If I go ahead with this it will give me even more reason (like I need any more reasons) to stay on the sober path? Or am I setting myself up for failure?

Thanks,

Joyful
Old 04-09-2018, 06:00 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bumblebee2 View Post
Well here I am, feeling the terrible feelings of day 1. Joining and needing support

I was sober 11 wonderful days in March.
Then I decided to have 2 beers in a social situation and haven’t stopped ...

I relate with this class do much.

Chickchick i have two kids..being a mom can be hard work
Nicole.. your determination is amazing, and makes me feel more comfortable trying again. Here’s to day 1!
Donny... I am also from the Pittsburgh area
Dee... you are amazing and congrats to 11 years!!!
Hi Bumblebee, so glad to have a fellow Pittsburgher on here!! My many day ones have sucked but wonderful place to come and as you know it gets easier. Day 9 for me tomorrow and no looking back!😊
Old 04-09-2018, 06:18 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Joyfulnewme
I dunno - sounds like a nice thing you're doing for this girl and your daughter.

I guess the worst case scenario is it could make you feel like drinking on a bad day - but would you really?

You always have the choice to say no and the support here to help you stay strong

D
Old 04-09-2018, 09:19 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Day 3 . Very busy day ahead of me preparing for our mini break tmz! Give me strengh!
Old 04-09-2018, 09:41 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Be strong today Strawberry18! Keep busy and don't drink, right?

I took a long nap and had a good friend over this evening. While I didn't tell her what I was really thinking about alcohol (and me) I shared some other things about my life feeling in chaos. And I talked about how ****** I had felt all day. She was a good friend, listened well and offered some sound advice. But she is a drinking friend and I wonder if those friends don't want you to quit drinking because you have fun doing it together. hhhmmm....

Finally going to bed. Looking forward to starting my Tuesday ~ Day 2 ~ with a workout and some good vibes for the day.

I am very thankful to have had this forum today. Thank you to everyone here.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:23 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Have fun Strawberry ...you were so looking forward to this trip ! Xx
Old 04-09-2018, 11:12 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

The start of day 29 for me

Had bad sleep last night- it was my dogs fault! But up early, made some breakfast, checked my bank balance and pleasantly surprised. I've more money at this time of the month than I've ever had it absolutely ages!!! I've about 2 weeks to payday and all bills paid with £150 left. That might not sound much to people but normally I'm on a third of that by now and wondering what I can sell to get more cash! This has really cheered me up!:-)
Hope everyone has a great sober day
Old 04-09-2018, 11:43 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

That's a lovely thing to do joyful forme.
Your daughter will be happy your friend will be very grateful and maybe it will help you stay sober. I know I don't drink if I have to do kids stuff. Sometimes I think it doesn't matter why we don't drink in the early days as long as we just don't. As time goes on we get stronger and it becomes normal to not drink.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:45 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Day 3. Surprisingly I slept well last night. Back to work today. Hope everyone is doing well and has a good day.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:50 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Morning All,
Hope every one is good.
Just came back from walking the dogs...one of the golden retrievers has a penchant for rolling in fox poo ...she utterly stinks ...

Hose time !

Have a great day peeps xx
Old 04-10-2018, 02:48 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Bugger Bugger i caved in last night and had a drink, why can't it be little easier like not smoking. sry dee its week 12 for no smoking i got ahead of myself and it aint 15 days anymore!

sick to my stomach that i let myself down and my daughter. So i have to restart this today before my time runs out and i wont be able to go visit daughter at the birth. What a wast of a detox! sry
Old 04-10-2018, 03:06 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
Bugger Bugger i caved in last night and had a drink, why can't it be little easier like not smoking. sry dee its week 12 for no smoking i got ahead of myself and it aint 15 days anymore!

sick to my stomach that i let myself down and my daughter. So i have to restart this today before my time runs out and i wont be able to go visit daughter at the birth. What a wast of a detox! sry
the main thing is you came straight back! Stay strong today and you can make this !
Old 04-10-2018, 03:08 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone,

Time for quick check in...
It's a bump in the road erratic...stick with us and keep posting..

Will check in this wvening
Old 04-10-2018, 03:14 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Erratic...don't apologize. you are doing great. a slip is a slip....don't let it get you down. just get back to it. great job on 15 days....you can do this.

take time to think about your thoughts as you approached that drink. did you rationalize? did you argue with your conscience and give in? take time to think about it because it will likely happen again, and you will want to overpower it next time
Old 04-10-2018, 03:27 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 3trees View Post
Erratic...don't apologize. you are doing great. a slip is a slip....don't let it get you down. just get back to it. great job on 15 days....you can do this.

take time to think about your thoughts as you approached that drink. did you rationalize? did you argue with your conscience and give in? take time to think about it because it will likely happen again, and you will want to overpower it next time
Love your always supporting everyone 3trees!! Have a great day out there April peeps!💜
Old 04-10-2018, 03:33 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Day 5
Hope all is well
Take care y’all
Old 04-10-2018, 03:45 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Thanks guys, ive dusted myself down and took myself out with my dogs to get out of the self pity and anxiety to what i have done.

U are all stars and thanks for your support strawberry , 3trees, lovehoops x

I will keep checking in here today and not hide away like i have done in the past.

hugs to all x
Old 04-10-2018, 04:23 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Here I go- day 2. Never drinking again- now off to work first time I've ever gone in with a black eye.