Notices

Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 4

Old 11-14-2017, 04:15 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Welcome back LuLu
Old 11-14-2017, 08:11 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

In for bed the night. Feeling bad about my friend.

Thanks for being here

Viper
Old 11-14-2017, 08:27 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Very ill. Im pisting on cell phone that I just figured out. Fever, stomach cramps, very dizzy. Never had withdrawels that felt like this. Very sick and feels like flu but worse.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:37 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Keep hydrated LuLu, sip on Gatorade &water

Thing of you Viper, I wish I had the right words for you

Wax how are you feeling?

Bob? Now where did you go?.

Duck hope all is well with you

Bright, CC, Getbetter. Hope you all had a decent day

I am lying in bed fairly miserable due to over eating lasagna, garlic bread and salad. I may explode,,,,

Badge
Old 11-14-2017, 09:40 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Lulu, I’m sorry you aren’t feeling well. I also recognize this emotional rollercoaster that drinking puts you on. Maybe read some of the posts you had right before you left Cali. Your clear thinking and confidence blossoms the longer you go in sobriety. It doesn’t sound like you went on a bender, so get right back to your commitment. The job will happen. The more you are sober the more your fun encouraging personality shows through. Stay strong, this is for you!!
Old 11-15-2017, 12:54 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Lulu - nice to see you back. Maybe you do have flu and not withdrawals? Remember if you have just stopped drinking the first few days after you are still experiencing the depressive effects of it so don't take to heart where your thoughts wander to. It's not your normal state.

Viper I'm sorry you are feeling so much guilt over your friend. It's difficult but you can't help her if you are not great yourself.

Kit - nice to hear you're busy. I assume that's good news lol?

Badge - food hangover is me every day atm

I can't find any energy or motivation still. I'm at work but can't be bothered doing anything. I didn't do anything last night either because I thought the rest would pull me out of it. I slept well but still woke up feeling bleurgh.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:59 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Checking In

Hi All Octoberians, Just checking in. Its almost 10:00 am here and I'm just stealing 5 mins out of my working morning to wish you all a sober & strong Wednesday
(Get well soon LuLu)
V
Old 11-15-2017, 02:05 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

viper hang in and take care of yourself - you are doing great not drinking
lulu - sorry you are feeling so bad. hopefully just an illness or a bit of withdrawal. take care of yourself however you can.
badger - been going thru food stuff myself. oh well. exercise and better eating will come. i have already started eating some more fruit. but there is this cheese bread i've been buying that i am loving tooo much.
off to work. yesterday went by so quick. i'm glad for my job right now and praying i get to keep it. sure do wish the court and worrying about my name being in the paper part was over with.... i can't stop thinking about that until it is over.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:53 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Lulu: It may be a combination of an illness and withdrawal. Can't really be sure but please follow the advice being echoed here. Sip on Gatorade, it is critical to stay hydrated and your electrolytes in balance. Don't even worry about eating if you don't feel you are able, just drink the Gatorade. The body can go a very long time without food but not very long without hydration/electrolyte balance. Hang in there and see this through to the other side. Peace and harmony await you.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:37 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoulShine8 View Post
. i'm glad for my job right now and praying i get to keep it. sure do wish the court and worrying about my name being in the paper part was over with.... i can't stop thinking about that until it is over.
Worse case scenario, have you a plan in place as to how you are going to handle/react, if/when your name is in the paper? You may have said this before, but do your employers know of your duii? I cannot speak for your work place, but mine is one giant rumor mill, with some of my coworkers excellent bus drivers and love to run you over or at least get in a good side swipe in. So if your hoping the situation will go unnoticed by them,,, well good luck with that.
Anyway can you do a preemptive strike and talk to them prior to the paper coming out? If not, perhaps you need to run some scenarios through your head and maybe past your mom (?), how are you going to react?, what are you going to say to your bosses. Have you worked there long? Are you valued? (you are to me by the way, if that counts), play up your assets, this was a one time event, its not like you had been showing up to work tanked, or always down with the bottle flu. I hate the thought of you getting yourself all worked up and self destruct without at least giving yourself a fighting chance.

You made a mistake, you are doing everything you can to deal with it and to get past it. Take ownership, you drank, you drove, you crashed. You learned, you changed. The past cannot be altered, only the future is in your/our control. I have faith in you.

I hope you do not take offense, or take my above statement as disrespectful or mean. It is not meant that way at all.

Love you

Badge
Old 11-15-2017, 07:55 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Good morning-
Im going bypass what’s going on right now and talk to LuLu.
Gatorade can actually be bad for you in large amounts. It can become toxic.
I learned the hard way early on when that’s all I was drinking for a few days and became very ill. If you can or have anyone that can help you, get pedialyte.

I’m seriously so exhausted, slept all day yesterday, and I just took my first shower since Sunday. Heading to the apartment. Setting up cable today. Wish I had the energy to do more. I need to take it easy and learn some patience.
12 Days!

Feel better LuLu . I’m thinking about you.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:05 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for all the advice and kind words. It means so much. I'm sorry I've got to cut this short....I wish everyone here, my friends, a good day and you are in my thoughts and prayers. Back to bed....and sipping on water for now.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:38 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Just a quick 'hello' to my Class.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:58 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

I agree Wax- I was told for every bottle of gatorade you need to drink 3 of the same oz's of water. Pedialyte also works

Back atcha Chloe!

Badge
Old 11-15-2017, 10:10 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Happy Wednesday everyone! Even though I don’t post too often – I’m here a few times a day and I can’t tell you how comforting it is to have this connection and see everyone’s encouraging words to each other. I appreciate everyone here!

Hi Lulu – so glad to see you back but so sorry you are feeling so bad. Wishing you good rest and recovery.

Soul – Umm - cheese and bread – has there ever been a more perfect union?!?

Kit – I’m right there with you on extra work – gotta make hay while the sun shines! I’m also grateful to be busy at work because it does get me out of my own head and right now that’s a good thing for several hours a day.

Waxfruit – patience and taking it easy are hard – I know! I’m right there with you on that. But I can say that just in a few weeks of being sober I do notice that my patience with life and people is getting a little better. 12 days is awesome!
Viper, Charlie, Badgerden, and everyone one else – thanks again for keeping the thread active and positive.

ChloeRose - Great tagline - "The Comeback Is Always Stronger Than The Setback!"

Old 11-15-2017, 10:56 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Hey all.

Checkin in on day 43.

Not too much to report on my end. Kind of a slow day so to speak. The usual ups and downs I guess.

Im hoping that those of you that are going through tough times and illness feel better real soon!! Always sending positive thoughts your way!!

Brighten
Old 11-15-2017, 11:13 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

While I sit and wait for the cable guy I’ve had a few thoughts of getting something to drink. I haven’t been alone for so long and I’ve always had to hide it. I’ve been reading people’s suggestions and reflecting on what I did when I was sober for four years. I religiously wrote in a journal every night. Structure is key. I made banana bread every Sunday morning. I also had a piano back then, so I’m going to have to find an artistic outlet. Just thinking about what I need to do.
Hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 11-15-2017, 12:10 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

stay close Wax, you are going through a huge lifestyle change, I always had to hide my bottles and drinking also, so that when husband was gone,,, well it wasn't pretty to be me for sure.

I made a pumpkin banana bread the other day that came out surprisingly good! Next time will add walnuts and a touch more cinnamon.

Badge
Old 11-15-2017, 12:42 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

pumpkin bread sounds good, badge! my secret ingredient in my banana bread was extra vanilla and a pinch of coconut.. internet and cable is set up. my computer was an in a strange corner in my parents house. I need things set up a certain way, I feel much more comfortable using it now and can actually see who is writing what, altho I have gotten to the point where i can kind of tell who is writing what. back to my parents-buggers... i need my cat.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:52 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

I cannot speak for your work place, but mine is one giant rumor mill, with some of my coworkers excellent bus drivers and love to run you over or at least get in a good side swipe in. So if your hoping the situation will go unnoticed by them,,, well good luck with that.
Yes this what my workplace is like - it's dog eat dog. All political games and kicking someone when they are down. Nice to your face and knives to your back. The workplace fires indiscriminately. That's how you go in knowing you can be fired for anything and people "disappear" all the time for what reasons, no one knows. I'm just going to have to wait it out and see how it all goes down if it happens. I am well regarded for my work but so have so many others that aren't around anymore. badger I didn't take offense, but am so grateful for your support... thank you so much.
wax I love your post about what you did when you were sober before. I know when a lot of these things I am worrying about are over, I am going to be at a higher risk to think about drinking or drink. I am very much thinking now about the later and what I am going to do, how I am going to handle it.
BMU congrats on day 43.
oh and Kit did you get your labwork done?
I am relaxing this evening with no schoolwork, just watching some tv and going to bed to read.