Notices

Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 4

Old 11-16-2017, 01:17 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Wax: Fear is the enemy. Fear brings doubt (or vice versa), fear can create anxiety, thereby triggering the enemy, demon alcohol. Be strong, KNOW you will not fall. KNOW you are better than the enemy. Laugh in his face. The enemy loves to attack us when we are tired, sick, worried. Don't be afraid. Have confidence. Look how far you've come already! Here's an awesome scripture (I added the word fearful for clarity) and as always, bold underline added for emphasis:

2 Timothy 1:7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid (fearful); but gives us power, love and self-discipline.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:31 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrightenMeUp View Post
Wax- I wish I knew earlier you needed a car, I would have made that trip on a weekend no problem. I ended up trading it in on Tuesday for another Subaru. I practically gave it to the Subaru dealership. However, I do have another car that im selling but its not very practical Yes, im a bigtime car guy if anybodys wondering

Hope your feeling ok!! And congrats on your days sober also!! Keep up the good work!!
\

I recall the R8 in your previous profile photo. Cars is what I do!

Sorry for being MIA these past couple weeks everyone. I appreciate all the messages of support. Seems like, as is typical with life, we're all having ups and downs. I am chugging along, starting to physically feel a lot better. Still have a lot of weird highs/lows emotionally, but I guess that's part of the process.

Wax, I am glad you got help when needed. I read your thread in the main forum and feel so terrible you had to deal with that, but I am really happy things seem to be moving forward in a positive direction for you.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:21 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Glad to see you back GT350!! Awesome that youre feeling better. And yep the ups and downs are definitely part of this process. Oh and I figured you were a car guy with that user name Im usually a vette or mustang guy myself, not sure why I bought this thing (r8), I think I was trying to fill a void or something.

Keep up the good work!!
Old 11-16-2017, 04:04 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

ha- meat and brighten,
speaking of cars, I live in the motor city. I'm really good friends with the designer of the 2005 Ford Gt. You guys would sh** if you saw his studio/showroom. I'm also friends with a gentleman who designed, can't recall the car, but it was one of a kind and Ralph Lauren bought it for i believe, 1.3 million. My poor friend didn't get a dime.

and thank you meat, I appreciate your thoughts. that was an intense night.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:43 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Cool, we actually have a 2005 GT in the shop right now (I work on cars), those are iconic, still love them. We had a new GT in, very different. As for the R8 Brighten, I know we rarely joke on here but you picked a hell of a car to fill a void with.

On my way out to AA. It's weird, because I am not sure I will work the steps (maybe, the higher power thing is tough for me), but I really enjoy the conversations I have there. There are some really, really nice people, so I try to make it out. Always makes me feel a bit better and stronger.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:44 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

winding down, have my cat now. I'm so tired i cant recall if I posted that yet. Happy he is here! I was a bit concerned about that. Cats can be so weird, but he seems to be doing okay. My only complaint is the strong smell of paint. I have a pretty bad headache and personally I am pretty diligent about using eco products. I've painted many places and I hate this toxic smell. It's as if they just painted over the old without cleaning the walls. I can tell a heavy smoker lived here. Altho it's so cold out, I've been leaving a window open, but I think i may need to wash the walls down. I'm not that anal,ahh, yeah I am, and the smell hasn't cleared out yet and its been a week. I have some money Ive been saving for this day and I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet, hire some help, and get it where it needs to be.Not sure if I sound like it, but I am pretty happy right now. Having my cat makes it feel like home.

meat, the 2005 gt is iconic, I agree. next time im at his shop Ill take some pics and send them to you. seriously, the cars he has....... anyways, have a good meeting. nice to see you.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:03 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Kit is doing well. Checked in earlier today.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:35 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

This afternoon I crashed hard. Went to sleep for 2 hours and I am utterly exhausted. Joints and muscles killing me. I took 800mg ibuprophen. Anyway we’ll see what happens tomorrow. I complained about a day like this about a week ago, then I was better.

I’m going to return to the strict diet I was on previous to joining this group. I also need to adjust my supplement regiment.

Talk tomorrow on day 14. I am going to really rest up. No State offices tomorrow. I’ll wait until next week.

Viper
Old 11-16-2017, 06:47 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

i think I'm at day 22 . . . 3 weeks plus a day.

originally quit drinking and smoking simultaneously and then smoking snuck back in, now off the darts again.

November is crap weather here, dark, damp, cold, windy. Doctor told me i have to get my vitamin D from a BOTTLE !!! LOL a vitamin bottle.

forced myself to go for a half-an-effort walk today... it works, but it takes a bit of effort to re-establish healthy routines. November is not the best weather to start outdoor walking, but sometimes a blast of sunlight will poke thru the clouds and there's nobody around, just me, a huge park, and the sun.

another day without grog under my belt. onward and upward.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:27 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Bob good job. Make sure it’s quality D. I was on a prescription pill once a week that definately helped. There’s many inexpensive quality ones. Now I’m on the finest D drops you can buy and not feeling it. The cold and dark have me exhausted. 3 weeks is the time frame to feel better quitting alcohol I find. 18 days, 22 days. I start to feel a push. Hopefully this time too. Wide awake and achey as s***t
Old 11-16-2017, 10:30 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've been out with illness. Hope everyones doing well

D
Old 11-16-2017, 11:47 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I've been out with illness. Hope everyones doing well

D
Welcome back Dee. Hope you’re back to full strength.
Wishing all our fellow Octoberians a strong and sober day to from a frosty November Friday here in England.
V
Old 11-17-2017, 12:46 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Hey Dee, hope you've recovered ok.

Tomorrow will be three weeks for me which is my longest in awhile. Over all I've felt pretty good this week but one or two AV thoughts have crept in. My main worry is the loneliness from not drinking. I don't have a girlfriend and all my brothers and sisters live out of the country so I often find myself alone at nights. I can be a bit shy upon first meeting someone so find it hard to make friends at times.

I rarely ever drank by myself and it was mainly a social thing. My friend who I would have drank with don't do much sober so I'm abit stuck. Though I'd much rather be lonely than drink again. Also at the moment, I miss looking forward to going out and altering my mind with drink.

Anyway I hope this will pass as time moves on and I make more sober friends. Good morning and hope everybody has a good day and weekend, ��
Old 11-17-2017, 03:41 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Bob: You are sounding more and more positive and engaged as time is passing. Really nice job!

Double: Those AV thoughts/enemy temptations will, I think, always pop up now and then but they will become less powerful and less influencing.

I find now that the thoughts occasionally pop up but they hold no authority over me. They are just thoughts but I can brush them aside easily. I envision it like a stream. The thoughts are like a piece of wood. I can just toss them into the stream and the water takes them away. I find visualization to be a very effective strategy for me. Maybe give it a try and see if it helps.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:17 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Hey all.

Checkin in on day 45. I had to look back in my posts to see what day im on.

Good to see everybody on here, glad for everyone else we havent seen in awhile as well.

Wishing everybody a great day and congrats on your sober days. And also sending positive thoughts to those still struggling (myself included).

Brighten
Old 11-17-2017, 06:55 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Dee I’m glad you’re back.

Day 14. I said no State Office today, but I showed up at 9:30 and tons of people were pouring in. She estimates 2 hour, maybe 3 hour wait. After this I’m free of this worry and I can leave for Florida.

35 degrees and high wind. Brutally exhausting.

Check in later or be responding while I wait.

Viper
Old 11-17-2017, 10:32 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Update: they came out at 11:30 and said ‘unless you’ve already checked in, they aren’t taking anymore clients.’ Then the lady read the people who were checked in, in order, I was near the end. I asked her and she said I’m looking at a 3 hour wait. She said she’d keep me on the list and to be back at 2:30 if I was going to go. That’s fine because they close at 4. So I’m at a coffee shop. Had a bagel and I’m talking with my coffee buddy from Italy. It’s chilly but the sun is bright. I’m actually sitting outside all bundled up. The sun makes all the difference.

Even if I go back for 2pm the maximum time I can wait is 2 hours. let you know later.

Viper
Old 11-17-2017, 02:47 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

viper sending good thoughts - i hope you either got in or are still there talking to them.
Dee so glad to have you back.. I was beginning to wonder what happened to ya.
bob congrats on your days. for you and viper -- not asking for medical advice but I like to take supplements versus rx. can you do a "this is what worked for me" with some more specific info or brand name. I was taking vit D a good while back and stopped. I do get the SAD thing in the winter and wonder that I should start taking D again. And I am a stay inside person who doesn't get much sunlight. I don't want to let any seasonal feelings lump in with feeling down due to my circumstances. I want to be proactive as I can. When I can tamp down the worry over all the "what ifs" that are coming up for me, I do think about the times that are going to come when I start feeling stronger and feel again that I can handle it. I don't want to ever have a buzz or be drunk again. I've been allergic for years and for years I haven't cared enough to pay attention to and stop my allergic reactions to alcohol (all of it bad and continuing to get worse). I cannot let all this falling apart at the seams and this present life of hell go to waste just to backtrack into the real hell that my drinking life was.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:06 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Soul: Some good thoughts there. The drunk us was a living hell. We perpetuated it because we didn't want to face reality. Learn to hate your past life. I mean really HATE it. I rarely use that term but I use it regarding my alcoholism. I hate that old me. That old me that isolated, couldn't remember evening after evening, spending money I don't have, etc. Never look back my friend.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:40 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

The room is awful quiet tonite. I hope that means everyone is having an enjoyable Friday evening.
Thanks for the support GB. I absolutely agree with what you said. I need to get a hate going on for a big majority of my past life. It wasn't a good life. Never forget it but moving on from it.