Notices

Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 4

Old 11-15-2017, 01:46 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Just checking in everybody. So busy, so don't have time today to post much. Welcome back Lulu. I think a slip up is part of it. Just learn from it and what triggered you. I wouldn't get down. Think of it as a learning experience, don't be too hard on yourself.

I saw something somebody had scribbled on a desk in the library... thought it would be good to share
Fail... means First.Attempt.In.Learning.
No... means Next.Opportunity.
End.. means Effort.Never.Dies.

It's a bit cheesy but I thought it was quite encouraging.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:00 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

I'm running on empty. I really wanted to be done moving today-but that did not happen. I thought having the cable set up would move things along, but I find myself sitting here in silence wishing my books and cat were here. Too tired to drive back--- Just a few more days.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:00 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Doubledee View Post
Just checking in everybody. So busy, so don't have time today to post much. Welcome back Lulu. I think a slip up is part of it. Just learn from it and what triggered you. I wouldn't get down. Think of it as a learning experience, don't be too hard on yourself.

I saw something somebody had scribbled on a desk in the library... thought it would be good to share
Fail... means First.Attempt.In.Learning.
No... means Next.Opportunity.
End.. means Effort.Never.Dies.

It's a bit cheesy but I thought it was quite encouraging.
I love cheesy- "fromage is good" thats a phrase I used to always say..... but seriously, I think being cheesy is a positive; as well as cliches. And i have a fat tooth. I prefer cheese, bread, and butter vs sweats and sweets.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:04 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

i can sense how different i am when im here. altho ive gone thru many emotions today about this move, i see and hear "happiness" -something i havent had in a long time.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:15 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by waxfruit View Post
i can sense how different i am when im here. altho ive gone thru many emotions today about this move, i see and hear "happiness" -something i havent had in a long time.
and please never doubt that you do not deserve happiness, you absolutely do!! Enjoy it and get more of it!

Badge
Old 11-15-2017, 04:16 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Bob--- check in please!!!

badge
Old 11-15-2017, 04:39 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Southpark is classic tonight!
Old 11-15-2017, 06:06 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

altho my cat is not with me and that bums me out, I do have three friends in the neighborhood I moved to, two of which have gotten sober this year, saw some fb posts of mine today and are coming by with FOOD! And no is yelling at me.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:14 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Day 12 done. No serious issues. I have some stressors right now. I don’t want to get into it. It will probably be fine. Government agency breathing down my neck. I can’t relax until these things are resolved.

Trip is coming up. I want to leave free of Imperial Entanglements.

Good night.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:31 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

I rejoined in October and am still going strong. I want to say hi. Holy heck though today and tonight have been rough. Anxiety has been through the rough. I am nearing 30 days, though, and am not backing down.

<3
Old 11-16-2017, 01:24 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Go Go Go

Go Wax!
Go Viper!
Go Loud!
Checking in with ye all on a bright and dry sunny Thursday morning here in Western Europe.
Out in the pub last night with a pal.
2 sparkling waters, a tonic water and a pack of peanuts later I drove home, happy, sober and spiritually uplifted.
This is so much better than before
V
Old 11-16-2017, 04:54 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

7:50am. Waiting for Whole Foods to open in their parking lot. Last night and this morning I printed all of the paperwork I need to go deal with the State issue I’m having. This is going to take all day. I have 2 agencies to go to and probably a 2 hour wait at each one. Hopefully I’ll be very happy at the end of the day.

Day Lucky 13 starting. If things don’t go as planned I’m going to want a drink. I’ll be in the State Capital so ideal situation. I’ll be way too tired to even think about it.

Anyway, I’ll check in while in waiting rooms.

Viper
Old 11-16-2017, 06:58 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

keep those sober tires rolling everyone!!

Re Hi Loud

Has anyone heard from Bob or Kit lately?? Hope they check in soon

Looking forward to your check ins Viper, does sound stressful, congrats on lucky 13 !

Badge
Old 11-16-2017, 09:48 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Hey all just checkin in.

Happy Thursday to you all!! One day closer to the dreaded weekend (for me anyway).

Hope everyone is doing good on this roller coaster we call life

Brighten
Old 11-16-2017, 10:23 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Again- I am extremely exhausted. Tossed and turned all night. Getting ready to get my cat.
And Brighten- I looked up how far we are. A mere 9 hours. Looking for a car. Can you drive it here? Jk... Not really...
Old 11-16-2017, 10:49 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Well, the first State Office visit was oddly really easy. So easy that I’m paranoid. I was really stressed about it. The second office could not see me because the wait time exceeded their hours. Got there at 1 and they close at 4. Usually it’s not that bad. I’m going to have to show up before they even open tomorrow or Monday. This one will be no worries. Just give them the paperwork.

Ok. Tired at 1:48. Probably grabbing food and going home for a nap.

Viper.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:02 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Update

Hi All,
Just an update. I apologise that I have not updated in a while. Life has been hectic. I do read the threads daily for support and advice.

So since last time.
I have had a few blips. But today is Day 4 and I am feeling positive. Any advice on withdrawal symptoms?

I am going back to work soon. So happy about that.

I have found a new hobby. Swimming.

Feeling positive.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:10 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

A lot of good things happening, it sounds like. I went down to VA to see my girlfriend, she's having family issues, the great grandmother who raised her is passing, probably within 3 weeks or so. She needed some extra encouragement.

Keep on the straight and narrow, everyone!
Old 11-16-2017, 12:27 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Day 13- going to get my cat. I think that will be a great relief and I look forward to start my job on Sunday. I am so tired you guys.... I put a rubberband on my wrist as reminder not to fall. I keep flicking it. I know everyone is going through ups and downs, but i am scared.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:54 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by waxfruit View Post
Again- I am extremely exhausted. Tossed and turned all night. Getting ready to get my cat.
And Brighten- I looked up how far we are. A mere 9 hours. Looking for a car. Can you drive it here? Jk... Not really...
Wax- I wish I knew earlier you needed a car, I would have made that trip on a weekend no problem. I ended up trading it in on Tuesday for another Subaru. I practically gave it to the Subaru dealership. However, I do have another car that im selling but its not very practical Yes, im a bigtime car guy if anybodys wondering

Hope your feeling ok!! And congrats on your days sober also!! Keep up the good work!!