Notices

The Power Of Sobriety Thread (POST!) #3

Old 09-20-2017, 03:36 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
FBL? Where are you? You're usually here bright and early in the morning!
I'm here every day! Just too busy to post sometimes. My sobriety is sound as can be. I can't ever imagine going back to what I call alco-hell!

Have a great Wednesday, all!
Old 09-20-2017, 03:45 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

I never in a million years thought you’d have fallen off the wagon! I was just worried that you were sick.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:06 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  
p***enger

IMO, Julie is one of those people who sold themselves for celebrity. As part of the society that produced & paid for her, I want her soul. Her work is like table scraps.

Have a sober day.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:26 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

I never in a million years thought you’d have fallen off the wagon! I was just worried that you were sick.
I ain't got time to be sick!
Old 09-20-2017, 06:00 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by courage2 View Post
IMO, Julie is one of those people who sold themselves for celebrity. As part of the society that produced & paid for her, I want her soul. Her work is like table scraps.

Have a sober day.
I’ve read on gossip sites that she’s persona non grata in the Hollywood mainstream: they see her as a temperamental and even unbalanced fruitcake!
Old 09-20-2017, 06:55 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

I’ve read on gossip sites that she’s persona non grata in the Hollywood mainstream: they see her as a temperamental and even unbalanced fruitcake!
Albeit, a very wealthy one.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:27 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

lol @ "gossip sites."

Guilty pleasure, G?
Old 09-20-2017, 08:43 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

“Enquiring minds want to know!”

It was one of the few ways my mom and I bonded when I was a little kid—I would sit there at the kitchen table with her on summer mornings while she sipped coffee and put her hair up in bobby-pins, and she’d tell me all the scandals of all the movie stars, and hold forth on which ones had talent or not!

The rest of the time we were at each other’s throats!
Old 09-20-2017, 09:01 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Yeah, well it's hard to be a selective Judgey McJudgerson. I learned the same things at my mother's knee.

If you're gonna like celebrity rags (and who doesn't, at some point) you're gonna have not-nice things to say about people in your life, I guess - they're pretty bad.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:53 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

celebrity rags are my airport guilty pleasure. That's the only time I ever read them, but they're so perfect for a plane ride!
Old 09-20-2017, 10:55 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi site! Welcome to POST but still unofficially for insanity survivors of any stamp. You're now officially a survivor! (you always were but now you have the seal)

Old 09-20-2017, 11:42 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Welcome, Site!
Old 09-20-2017, 11:55 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Somehow I always gave myself a pass on celebrity gossip because I had it in my mind that those people aren’t “real.” Then I read an expose on someone in the local public eye whom I knew and was personally fond of.

Until then I never knew that silly, nosy, looky-loo gossip could hurt somebody. Fortunately, not very many people in the local are had read it, so his reputation wasn’t damaged (it was a witch hunt that wasn’t anybody’s business. Certainly not mine!).

Lord knows there’s stuff I don’t want exposed!

But after all that, I still pay plenty of attention to celebrity gossip if it’s on a news site.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:15 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

I guess part of my non-interest in it is that I no longer have TV and I don't go to internet news sites unless there's a big weather event or something happens locally that I need to know about.

I do miss the day-after stuff after award shows. I like the crazy clothes.

And Angelina was a wild-child, what's not to love about her? I've always liked her - she can set off some pretty polarized discussions, though. I just don't know who most of the celebs are any more. Oh, I know the Kardashians! Does that count? They're pretty wild, too. Wild isn't gossipy, is it? Because I have lots of stories from my own wild past (and I'm not clambering for a fifth step in this lifetime.) :-|
Old 09-20-2017, 03:34 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

I get a kick out of the best and worst dressed pictures, too (I never watch the actual shows).
Old 09-20-2017, 05:39 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  
p***enger

I don't have a tv either, about 1x week I watch a movie on netflix. & I check the headlines every day to see if we're at war or if anything was bombed. Every so often I get wind of some salacious story and hunt down pictures on TMZ -- I'm a sucker for bad facelift shots and teasers that say 'side-boob'.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:53 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Drove 4 hrs this morning. Using my 2 days off to take all 3 boys to a waterpark resort.
We're done for the day now. O m g I'm SO worn out. Got my 9 yr old surfing a boogie board on a wave machine. I'm so proud. My oldest is making it. Not having fun much, but that may just be his way. I'm staying open to what he's got to share, especially since he lost the job. School his goal, but they're out this week so I jumped on a once in a lifetime trip to do this with my sons.
Dad and sons
Father/son, blah blah.
.... never thought it would happen. Heart is full, people, troubles bedamned, ( they're always there)
What I'm doing today, isn't. Not wasting a moment.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:59 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

JL, that sounds like a LONG but wonderful day!

Cour, I just love bad facelifts—and cellulite on the beach!

(As if!).

That reminds me of my absolute favorite Beavis and Butthead scene. They were sitting on the couch watching Jeopardy. The contestant missed the question. Butthead said, “huh-huh-huh—Dumbass!”

I think we’ve lost our minds today!
Old 09-21-2017, 12:30 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Thank courage - I was dying laughing yesterday trying to figure out where this thread even came from. I kept opening the links to the last thread and watching the names change... gave me a good laugh

Hi Gilmer!

I gave up on reading/watching the news as well, and while it may not be the best way to deal with the world I've been much happier! I know there's terrible things going on everywhere, but I don't need to see it 24 hours a days. So many better ways to spend my time.

I would love (hate?) to see a gossip rag written about my life - can you imagine all the crazy things in there I probably don't even remembering doing?! Yikes! I'm sure it would be entertaining though if nothing else haha

JL - was it 4 hours ONE WAY? That's some serious dedication! Sounds like it was worth it though.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:28 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

I hear you.