Notices

Class of January 2017 Support Thread Part 6

Old 03-22-2018, 08:52 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Hello class,

Well, the latest storm that we were expecting fizzled out luckily (for us), so we lucked out! Things have been pretty uneventful. Started rehearsal on Tuesday, it is really nice to be back at it. It makes for long days, but it's all good.

I hope you have a great time in Texas DLB! Yes, time to yourself I'm sure will be key.

Have a great Friday!!
NACN
Old 03-23-2018, 02:23 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Hi all

Ploughing through the week and it is finally Friday. I am hoping today is calm and I can get my own self-study and exercise back on track tomorrow.

Work wise things went well but , from experience, when things are out of balance it gets depressing. Triggering my AV etc.

Glad you have a new show, Nacn. I know that challenge and camaraderie makes you happy also.

Have a healthy, happy and sober Friday . Almost the end of the week !
Old 03-24-2018, 05:11 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Just a quick check-in.
Have a happy, sober and healthy Saturday all.
Old 03-24-2018, 12:20 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Checking in as well

Glad to hear you're back at it with the rehearsals, NACN!
DLB - have a blast in Texas!!

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend
Old 03-27-2018, 03:48 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Hi classmates
I haven't been able to check in for a few days. I am doing well though.
Back into a super busy work-week but thinking of you all

Have a healthy, happy and sober Tuesday all
Old 03-27-2018, 07:12 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Hi Class!

Just a quick check in! Things have been busy now that rehearsal is in full swing. It is good, but I have been tiring very easily.

Hope your busy work week goes by fast DLB!

Take care and have a happy, healthy, fun, sober day!
NACN
Old 03-28-2018, 01:58 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Hi Class

Things with me are fine but I do feel a bit of loss of direction again. I am sure it is related to not pushing my own study and exercise.
I have a vacation coming up. When I get back from San Antonio I will start a motivational push again. I am going off for a bike ride now.

Hopefully you guys are doing well. Have a fun, healthy and sober Wednesday
Old 03-29-2018, 04:21 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

good morning classmates

Feeling a little better this morning than yesterday.
Balancing between exercise, study and my day job lifts my mood and gives me a sense of direction.
It is so easy for me to find myself in a depressing, unmotivated funk.

Today feels better and I slept reasonably well.

Getting ready for my trip. My SR posts will be far more sporadic but I will do my best to check in.

have a healthy, happy and sober Thursday classmates.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:16 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Hi Class,

DLB, I hope you have a wonderful, rejuvenating trip. Sometimes a shake up in your setting can help with a fresh perspective.

I'm ok, it's been kind of tiring getting back to rehearsal but it's all good. Some new prospects on the horizon, which is exciting but scary. We shall see!

Happy Easter and/or Passover to all who celebrate! This is the first Easter in which my youngest does not "believe", so the Bunny did not have to be as sneaky!

NACN
Old 04-01-2018, 02:03 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Checking in.

Hope you're all having a lovely long weekend!

DLB - I agree that finding that balance is so important! I hope you have a fantastic, fun and relaxing trip!

NACN - It's exciting to hear about new prospects on the horizon. I've always thought the idea of acting/auditioning to be equal parts thrilling and absolutely terrifying! I truly admire anyone that can do it! I used to turn bright red and shake when doing presentations at work! I'd turn into a nervous wreck!

Can you believe we're in our 15th month of sobriety?
As always, I'm so grateful to be on this journey with you guys and Dee, thanks for always being here for us
Old 04-01-2018, 05:50 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats guys

D
Old 04-04-2018, 11:42 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Hey guys,

Just a quick check in Things are all good here. It's snowing which makes for a dismal spring... hopefully it'll start to cheer up.

Dee...just noticed those are lyrics from Soulshine!! I love that song! Particularly the gov't mule cover of it

Hope you're all having a great week!!
Old 04-05-2018, 05:37 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Hi Class!

Quick check in. Things have been going well but busy. I've been really tired lately which has made healthy eating go away, hope to get back to it.

Hubby and one daughter will be off to Phoenix for the weekend for soccer. They are leaving 30-40 degree weather to go to the 90's!! That will be a shock to the system.

I hope all are well!
NACN
Old 04-07-2018, 10:12 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Hi Class!

Just anther quick check in. Had another drinking dream last night. They are always so real feeling. It didn't rattle me as much as some of the other ones have, but it is still disconcerting.
Rehearsal today then movies tonight. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
NACN
Old 04-07-2018, 03:51 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Hey guys,
Checking in. Things are going well. Working a lot and writing. It's funny how that works - how the busier you are, the more you get done. But for me, it's very true.

NACN - Yeah, I still get those dreams and I agree, it's disconcerting. That moment when you wake up and are like...wait...what? But then comes the relief of knowing it was just a dream and not the nightmare we were living before!

DLB - I hope you're enjoying your trip and the weather's been favourable!

Well, I'm off to do some cleaning...I'd call it spring cleaning but we had snow yesterday and it's freezing here so I'm not convinced it's actually spring at all!

Hope you're all doing well
Old 04-07-2018, 06:29 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 04-13-2018, 05:45 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Quick check in!

Crazy busy week, we hadn't really intended on moving, but we saw a house we love and have put an offer in. I don't think we'll get it, but now it has put things into full swing about getting our house ready to sell and getting finances in order. Not fun, especially going into tech week.

I hope you are having a great time in Texas DLB!! Some getaway time is good for the soul.

Ina, I hope spring cleaning went well and that the weather has turned around to reflect it! We are looking forward to a cold wet weekend here, also waiting for spring.

I hope everyone has a happy, healthy, warm, sober weekend.
NACN
Old 04-13-2018, 05:46 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Hi Dee!
Old 04-13-2018, 07:37 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Hey guys,

Checking in

NACN - Wow! That’s pretty exciting about the house! Even if you don’t get it, I’m sure it’s opened up the prospect of looking into a new place! I’ve never bought a house, but I know from friends that it can get pretty hectic, so I hope it’s going smoothly.

DLB - I hope you’re getting lots of sun and relaxation in!!!!

Wel,l things have been good here. I’ve been quite content lately which has been nice. Trying to get lots of cleaning and writing done. The weather is still complete rubbish with a freezing ice storm coming tomorrow!! Good times! haha But it’ll pass and soon enough summer will be here. We’re also starting to think about getting another dog….just looking for now….but it’s exciting to think about.

Anyways I hope you’re all having a lovely weekend!
Old 04-16-2018, 03:36 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Hi Januarians.

It was a very fun, but expensive, trip. It is great to be back. The weather was pretty nice . I was visiting family on my fathers side, sight seeing around San Antonio and Mexico a little etc.

As far as maintaining my sobriety, I did well. I forgot who it was from our class last year but someone went away with a full plan and I did kind of the same thing. I slept well and went to the gym when I could.
I feel those two things helped me as stress and fatigue are AV triggers in my world.

I thought of you guys, as I have pretty much checked in each day since we started this and 2 weeks away from SR was a lot.
Our 15 months anniversary is huge and I am super proud of us.

Good luck with the house offer, NACN . That is huge.
Ina, so happy to hear that you are enjoying your writing considering getting a new pup. Are you considering another basset ?

Have a healthy, sober and happy week all. Catch up more later.