Notices

Class of January 2017 Support Thread Part 6

Old 01-09-2018, 02:46 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Hey all. Checking back in 8 days sober now. I’ve gone from no cravings to sugar cravings to alcohol cravings and back to none again. From tired to energized and full circle. Foggy to clear and back to a little foggy. But I know for sure this is the right track. Down 8 pounds of bloat over the last week and that is good motivation too! Stay strong everyone and enjoy being sober. The best part for me has been being excited to lay down in bed at night (regardless of how long it takes me to fall asleep) knowing that I’m not going to be hungover in the morning.
Old 01-09-2018, 04:37 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Hi Class!

Back safely at home. FLA was nice, but it is always nice to be home.

Started the whole30 today, not sure if you guys ever heard of it...30 days of no sugar, grains, dairy, alcohol (got that one!) I've done it a few times before, and it is always a nice reset especially after the eating frenzy of the holidays.

Good for you getting back into the routine DLB! Hope it brings you some happiness and settles you back in.

Ina, I'd love to hear some of your recipes! Sounds like you are a great cook.

Have a happy, safe, sober day.
NACN
Old 01-10-2018, 02:08 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Hi Class
whole30 . That does sound really interesting. Especially after the holidays. I definitely gained wait and bloat.
It sounds like Florida was fun. Hope the matches went well.

Ina, I can't remember when I last made lasagna, but it was quite involved, but a lot of fun. I am certain yours worked out better than mine.

Yes, exercise is back on the map. I have only had day one, but am back in today.

Have a super healthy, fun and sober day classmates.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:55 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Good morning classmates
Just a quick checkin. Hope all are well. Other than aches and pains from my recent return back to the gym, I am doing well this morning. About to do a bit of study stuff.
Have a happy, healthy and sober day.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:04 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Hi Januarians!

Glad to hear you are back to the gym and feeling good DLB! Sometimes those aches and pains can actually be a good thing, a reminder that those parts are there and that you are working on them!
Whole30 day three here, and headaches abound! I think it is my sugar withdrawal, because as you all know I lean heavily on candy lol! Trying to remedy that.
I am not back to teaching until next week, so I have some time before then. Unfortunately I feel as if I am wasting a lot of it, sleeping a lot and binge watching bad TV! I think I have to write down some daily goals to try and get things done.

Take care and have a happy healthy sober day!
NACN
Old 01-12-2018, 01:46 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Good morning friends

Yes. Thank you Nacn. Being back in the gym has been really needed. Next time is tomorrow. My daily goals thing , as far as learning new software, has had momentum for a little while now. I am beginning to see the benefit from that now which makes me really happy.
You are doing so well with the Whole30 idea. Headaches can also your body adjusting and cleaning itself. I am inspired by you. I like the idea of trying a healthy cleanse/semi fast later in the year. If you do it again, let me know. We can do it together. Having never done anything like this before, I am sure I will be as grumpy as hell.

Well, I am half into my first of many coffees. Just a bit of self study before work.

Have an awesome, happy and sober Friday.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:17 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Hi classmates
A super quick check in on a very chilly Saturday morning
Hope everyone is doing well. I am still waking up but looking forward to the day.

Have a sober, happy and fun day all
Old 01-13-2018, 08:46 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

I would love if you wanted to join the whole30 with me DLB!! I will most likely do another round after this one, so you can join in! Or if you'd like, you can join in really whenever you like. I am only on day 5. And headaches have gone away!
I think the chill where you are is coming our way DLB. Hope you are keeping warm and getting some productive work done!
Have a great, sober, happy Saturday!
Old 01-15-2018, 03:29 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Hi classmates
Yes, NACN, I will try the whole30, this year. It will be good to see what happens and the discipline of sticking to it is awesome. caffeine withdraw will be HUGE for me, that is a good thing.
I will psyche myself into it for Feb or March. Thanks Nacn !

This weekend was a good balance of self-study work and exercise. I still feel super foggy this morning. Getting my head into work today.

Have a healthy, happy and Sober Monday.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:34 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Hey guys,
Quick check in before bed. I just realized it's been awhile since I last posted....something I have to do more often. Hope you're all well!
Old 01-16-2018, 01:37 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Hi Januarians
I read up a bit about the whole30 and it seems OK. I can keep drinking coffee and there is no real portion control, lots of protein, vegetables and potatoes.
February is ON. I will miss milk, however, but a month off wont kill me.

Thanks again for this idea/suggestion Nacn.

Today I am up early as I wasn't really sleeping and have gym/study to kill and hour or two.

Have a healthy, happy and sober Tuesday Classmates.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:16 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Good morning classmates
Just a super sleepy quick checkin. Going well enough here as far as maintaining my routine. Hope things are going well for you also.
Have a healthy, happy and sober day.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:40 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Hello!

Ina, so good to hear from you! Yes girl, get on here more often and share!!

DLB, the best thing about whole30 is that we can still have caffeine! Don't know if I could have done it without it! Especially with no sugar. I don't drink coffee, but lots of tea and unfortunately Diet Coke. Since I don't drink coffee I don't know how it would work, but would you consider putting almond milk into your coffee? I use it in my tea, and after a day or two I got used to it.
Let me know if you want any recipes!
NACN
Old 01-18-2018, 01:58 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Good morning

Yes, great to hear from you Ina.

Nacn, I will ask for a few recipes, thank you. I read a lot about the importance of doing as much food prep before each work week.
I enjoy using a slow cooker with a timer and this fits perfectly. I will miss porridge, rice and milk, but that is fine for a few weeks.

Work, gym and study did well this week. My job wasn't much fun on occasion and getting a bit political, but that happens to most people, i guess.

Have a healthy, happy and sober day Januarians.
Old 01-19-2018, 01:43 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Hi classmates
I very quick check-in on a very chilly Friday morning. This week has been better than many of my recent ones as far as hitting goals. Even if my work wasn't a ton of fun I am feeling happy.
Have a wonderful, warm and sober Friday.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:53 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Hi guys, Just checking in to say hi. It’s been ages. A huge congratulations to all of you who have hit your one year milestone. It’s such a wonderful achievement. I will be there in one week. Wishing you a great day. Xx
Old 01-19-2018, 06:49 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Hi all!

Kimmy, congrats to you! When is your one year anniversary? It is great to hear from you and that you are still going strong!
DLB, I have some proper recipes, but here is something that I eat a lot: Using a cupcake pan, line each with a slice of prosciutto, forming a cup. Put in some type of green, I usually use spinach but you could use kale etc. crack an egg in each cup. Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes (I like a softer yolk, add a couple of minutes for harder). They are so yummy! I make a batch then keep in the fridge and warm up a bit in the microwave. You can also eat cold on the go. I am eating a lot of eggs, I will tell you that!! I also have a yummy zucchini soup recipe I can share if you are interested. It is simple but delicious, and helps me get my veggies in which is sometimes my challenge.
That's all for now!
NACN
Old 01-20-2018, 05:12 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Hi Classmates
It is SO nice to hear from you Kimmy. We have missed you. It is awesome that you kept going with us. This news has made my weekend. Make sure you come back to our class thread for your anniversary !

Thanks Nacn. That sounds delicious and exactly the kind of thing i like. Like a mini quiche without the cheese&pastry.

One snack, sort of similar, that I cook is prosciutto wrapped, stuffed dates. Normally you remove the pit, or seed, and put cheese but i am sure a non dairy substitute would work.

You stuff the date, wrap it with bacon or ham and stick a cocktail stick thorough it. When it bakes , it all caramelizes and becomes this sweet, crunchy, sticky piece of heaven.

I call them cockroaches, but I am sure there is a more appetizing name

Well, I have some study and gym stuff to focus on this morning.

Have a healthy, happy and sober Saturday.
Old 01-21-2018, 05:04 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

A quick check in.
Hope everyone is having a nice, healthy and sober Sunday.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:29 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Happy Monday classmates
Getting my head around the agenda for the day. Psyching myself into this over coffee #1.
Reading some of the new classes posts to remind myself where we were a year ago
Have a sober, healthy and happy day all.