Notices

Class of January 2017 Support Thread Part 6

Old 03-06-2018, 12:57 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Hi class,

Well, it was a crazy weekend. We lost power on Friday and it did not come back on until yesterday afternoon. Luckily, we were able to stay at my parents' house. They are vacationing in Florida, but it was great to have the house for warmth. Expecting another big storm tomorrow, just what we don't need. Still a lot of people in this area with no power.

DLB, I hope your week is calming down a bit, and that you have been able to get some better sleep.

Have a safe, happy, sober day!
NACN
Old 03-06-2018, 04:20 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  
Administrator

stay safe NACN - and anyone else in bad weather!

D
Old 03-06-2018, 08:59 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Hey guys,

Quick check-in. I’ve been crazy busy at work these past few weeks, but am now in Sunny Florida on vacation with my boyfriend and family. It’s been good so far except for the fact my AV has been acting up a lot!!! Last year I went on this vacation I had a project with a deadline to keep me focused, but this year I’m more in relaxation mode and thoughts of drinking keep creeping in! I find myself bargaining…only on vacation….just a few…etc. but I know that would be opening a door I DO NOT want to go down.

I’ve been playing the tape forward and reading posts on here to stay strong and so far it’s working. I even had a non-alcoholic beer. To be honest, I know that some people think it’s a bad idea, and it’s not something I want to make a habit of….but it really helped me get through a tough moment…perhaps cause I’ve never been a huge beer drinker so it wasn’t a trigger….more a distraction.

NACN - So glad you had your parent’s house to stay in!! Bunker down the hatches for the next storm!! Hopefully, it won’t be too bad and you’ll have lots of hot cocoa on hand

DLB - Hope your week has slowed down somewhat And congrats on finishing the Whole30!! I admire both you and NACN for doing it!

KIMMY - Glad to hear you’re still doing well!!!!

MrM - Congrats on your month +

Okay, I’m gonna try and get some sleep. Hope you all have a great day tomorrow!
Old 03-07-2018, 02:09 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Hi team Jan17.

Sleep has been OK and, even though it is a super busy week, it is OK. Manageable and relatively good-busy.

Hang in there, fighting against your AV, Ina.
I even had mine acting up yesterday. I was finishing up work late and was tired.
In my case, it helped remembering there is no "just one" , there is just a slide into the same inevitable result there has always been.
I don't think our fights are going away soon.
Other than that, I hope the vacation has been fun and you can escape all that crap for the really important stuff of being with your family.

NACN, that is shocking about the storms. I had no idea that was going on. In my part of the world there is wind, but nothing like that. Glad you are back now. Hopefully the weather settles soon and everyone can return home without too much damage.

Thanks again Dee for always being around as I post.

Going for a bike ride now and , hopefully, a little study before.
Have a healthy, happy and sober day all.
Old 03-08-2018, 02:26 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Good morning all
Just a quick check in, not too much to report . Hope all is well with everyone
Have a healthy, happy and sober day.
Old 03-09-2018, 02:55 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Good morning classmates

Friday. A big push to end my work week well . I am doing OK otherwise. Hope everyone else is also.
Have a sober, safe and happy day all.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:17 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Hope your Friday went well DLB and you are enjoying your weekend!

We had another Nor'easter come through this week, no school for the kids on Thursday. Not as bad as the last storm though, and thankfully we never lost power. These are the times that try my soul however! Being snowed in is a huge trigger for drinking. But, I've been chugging my tea, trying different flavors.

I hope everyone has a happy, healthy, safe, fun, sober weekend!!
NACN
Old 03-12-2018, 04:08 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Hi classmates

A new week.

It is amazing , nacn, that you are still getting storms. In my part of the world we are edging closer to spring.
I am big on teas. I have a ton saved from drinking days. There is one ( bizarrely) made by aveda, the hair product company. It is licorice flavour and super nice.

Chinese tea, I am either white, especially silver needle, or green. And endless cups of each. - Maybe I will have a tea day today and limit my coffee.

I always have restless Sunday nights so Mondays take some work to get my head straight for the goals of the day.

Have a wonderful, happy, sober and safe week all.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:22 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Hi Class!

Yum, DLB...I am going to look for the licorice tea! Love it. I don't drink coffee (not for any other reason than I just don't like the taste), so tea is my thing!!

So, there is yet ANOTHER blizzard on our doorstep. Schools already closed for tomorrow, and we are expecting about 18"
I have had enough of this! But, plenty of snacks in the house and wood for the fireplace, so as long as we don't lose power again we should be OK.
Have a great Tuesday everyone!
NACN
Old 03-13-2018, 04:10 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Morning classmates

Wow, nacn. Bundle up warm. That is a LOT of snow. Keeping my fingers crossed the power keeps up.

Lethargic morning for me here but slowly picking up as get ready for work.

Old 03-13-2018, 12:07 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Hey guys,

Wow, NACN that is a lot of snow! Just got back today from my trip and also facing the cold and snow....not quite as much though! Fingers crossed! I'm with you on the coffee.... I've never liked the stuff. I've tried a bunch of teas but haven't found many I love.....I'm the person who goes into a tea shop full of flavours and asks the salesperson which one tastes the least like tea! lol. I do love a warm apple cider and of course, Hot chocolate!!

Anyways, trip was good. Cravings were a bit intense but made it through. The weather wasn't as nice as I had hoped....bit chilly most days to be honest...but what do you do. Perhaps that was another reason my AV was all over the place. If anything this trip definitely made me realize there are some vacations I will not be taking for awhile...i.e. All inclusives...A girls trip to vegas which a friend keeps mentioning....etc.
Being with family was lovely though and we played cards and caught up so I can't complain at all about that!

Anyways, hope you're all having a great day!
Old 03-14-2018, 02:46 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Good morning Januarians

Hi Ina. I am glad your vacation was fun, despite the AV acting up. I have a vacation soon also. It is my first since my sobriety.
I am already planning my trip events in advance to help minimize situations that might cause havoc with my AV. Your experience has definitely helped me.

Still battling through the work week. I am doing OK despite some challenges. Getting there.

Have a healthy, happy and sober day.
Old 03-15-2018, 01:46 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Hi all
A quick check-in as I wake up. Not a huge amount to report today but checking in anyway.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:44 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Hi classmates
I hope everyone is doing well.
Just a quick check in. I am feeling pretty good. Tired from the work week, but happy.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:48 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Hello Class!

DLB, glad you are feeling happy at the end of the week! I hope you are able to get some rest this weekend.

Well, we made it through three Nor'easters! There had been talk about yet ANOTHER one that might hit during the middle of next week, but they seem to think now it will avoid us. WHEW!! We've had enough!

Had a nice St. Patrick's Day listening to my husband play some music. I just went out in the afternoon, I'm leaving the evening partying for the heavy hitters!

Have a great weekend!
NACN
Old 03-19-2018, 04:15 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Hi Januarians

Good morning. I shocked how bad this winter has been for storms, nacn. I don't remember last year being this bad for you.
All over Britain and Ireland there is thick snow and freezing conditions also. My bit of the world isn't exactly spring, but is getting there.
I hope your terrible weather improves soon.

I am up late, being a Monday. I did sleep better than I expected so I am hoping my brain kicks into gear soon.

have a healthy, happy and sober day all
Old 03-20-2018, 02:04 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

hi classmates.
A super quick in. Hope everyones week is off to a decent start.
have a healthy, happy and sober day all.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:47 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Hey guys,

Jeez NACN, Winter is really holding on where you are! Still cold here, but the snow has at least seemed to have subsided...hopefully for good! Sounds like you had a lovely St. Patricks Day though

DLB - How exciting about the vacation! Somewhere warm?
Yes, I've found planning ahead makes a big difference. For me having lots of snacks, alternative non-alcoholic drinks and books has made a big difference.

Things are going well here, I ended working on St. Patricks Day which was busy but went well My AV has seemed to quiet down since the trip which I'm thankful for.

Anyways, off to be productive! Hope you all have a great day
Old 03-21-2018, 02:58 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Hi all

Hey Ina. Great to see your post this morning.
& Yes, I am going to visit some family in San Antonio, Texas. Excited to see so many family members but trying to make sure I get time for myself also. It could become overwhelming pretty quickly.

I should warn that my SR posts may be less frequent for a few weeks, while on vacation, but I will do my best to check-in as normal.

I don't have too much to report today. I am awake, slept OK but still entrenched in a busy week. Keeping my head above water.

have a healthy, happy and sober Wednesday all.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:33 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Good morning classmates

Woke to a super chilly spring morning. Still half sleep as I pour scolding coffee down my throat.
Have a fun, sober and productive Thursday all.