Notices

Class of March 2016 part 52

Old 06-25-2017, 06:51 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Food poisoning - that sucks Casey. Hope it runs its course quickly. (Sorry! Lol)

LB - enjoy your adventure today! And yes you can buy some alcohol (beer and wine) in a few grocery stores...no liquor though. Should be interesting if they do strike.

Hi Upstairs! Good to see you!

Morning Bobbie! Hope you have fan-freaking-tastic day!!
Old 06-25-2017, 07:09 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Had a nice post typed up and hit reply and "poof" the site logged me off and the post disappeared.

At least I've got my coffee.

I'll check back in later.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:36 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

I checked on AA in my home town. There's 5 meetings a day. There's all different types but mostly these two:

CD – Closed Discussion (for those who think they have a problem with alcohol)
OD -Open Discussion (for anyone interested in the AA program)

Which of these two types of meetings should I go to for my first time?
Old 06-25-2017, 08:23 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Morning everyone, I slept in today. I guess I was tired! And with teens you can sleep until 2:00 pm & STILL be up before them! Lol. My plan for today is to get stuff done around the house, exercise & go to a 7:00 pm AA meeting. I really like this particular meeting & always feel so loved and supported there. It will be my first AA meeting in weeks but I really think I need to add a few back in my weekly schedule for support. The other programs I tried don't have any people. Lol. Like 2-3 people go! I guess AA is the only game in town here!

BBG: both types of meetings are the same except "open" discussion is for anyone, including people who are not alcoholics/or have a desire to quit drinking. "Closed" discussion is only for people who ARE alcoholics or have a desire to quit drinking. Honestly, there's really no difference. When you go, be sure to tell them it's your first AA meeting ever. You will be the most important person in that room! They will welcome you, give you a Big Book and phone numbers. And by the way, the only requirement for AA membership is a desire to quit drinking. Meditation....I've got nothing on that. Lol. I hope to start working on it! I'm so happy that you aren't giving up and you're adding more tools to your toolbox!

Casey.....you poor thing!!! I hope you feel better asap! And CONGRATS on a month! Huge!!!

Love you ALL!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2017, 08:29 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Thank you so much Kiki.
Old 06-25-2017, 09:25 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Checking in from my phone - just got done with work & I am pooped....literally! But I still prefer that from animals as opposed to being crapped on by other humans - ain't nobody got time for that!

What's next up in my near future? Someone mentioned coffee....Mmmmmmm.....

I'll check back in when I get home
Old 06-25-2017, 11:04 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Got some sleep. Haven't thrown up since right before last posting in here five hours ago, so that's good. Trying to decide what would be safe to try and eat. I've got it in my head that one of those frozen fruit bars would be good so I may don some trousers and brave the store for a few minutes. Plus it would feel good on my raw throat.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Wouldn't be wrapping up one month today without all of you.

Hope you try one of those meetings out, BBG. Like KiKi said, the only difference between open and closed is that technically anyone can walk in off the street to an open meeting while closed meetings are only for those who want to stop drinking. Here in my city, that mainly means that open meetings are also attended by some wives/husbands who are members of AA's sister support group Alanon.

One thing to remember is that every group and every meeting is different, dependent a lot on the people attending that particular meeting. If you don't care for the vibe at one meeting, that doesn't mean you won't like the next one. Even different meeting times at the same meeting place can be very different. And if you hear something you don't care for, much like can happen right here on SR, it's always good to remember, "Take what you need and leave the rest."

Yeah, I think I'm going go brave the store for a minute. Wish me luck.
Old 06-25-2017, 11:10 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Thanks Casey. Glad you seem to be gettin' better!
Old 06-25-2017, 11:16 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Checking in. Have had a pretty good day. Dinner is in the crockpot and I just finished the first episode of "Glitch" - an Australian show about six people who come back to life after being dead for different periods of time (not zombies...just to clarify) I like it so will watch another episode or two this afternoon.

Casey - I hope the fruit bar does the trick

Hi MITA!!

Kiki - sounds like a good day! Enjoy!

Purplrks - maybe you can have a nap?

Well off to make a tea - of the iced variety. Be back later!
Old 06-25-2017, 11:31 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Ok. Sorry about the quick check-in/check-out before. But I hate when that happens - and sometimes it's so frustrating ... ughh, I should have more patience or tolerance or something.

Glad you are feeling better Casey - at least keep some fluids going if you can.

Thanks Kiki and Casey for your thoughtful comments on AA meetings. I've been to a couple and they've made me fairly uncomfortable, but maybe I should try again.

Heading out of town tomorrow for about 2 weeks - back home on July 9th. I'll try and keep up here using my phone - not ideal, but I'm thankful for unlimited data
Old 06-25-2017, 11:34 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Stating my day over!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure what's going on with me today but I DEFINITELY woke up on the wrong side of the bed or something! First of all, my daughter came outside while I was doing some yard work & said she needed khaki shorts for work. She had work in 2 hours!!! So what did I do? I did what I always do....I dropped everything & drove her to 2 stores. We didn't find any but I got really stressed out & panicky. I told her not to wait until the last minute on this stuff & got slightly angry about it. All of a sudden....BOOM....AV rears its ugly head! For about 5 minutes I had a case of the "F-its"! I really wanted to just drop her off at home & go drink!

By the time we got home I had talked myself out of drinking & told her to just take my car to work. That was the safest thing to do because if I don't have a car, I can't drink. (Since I don't drink at home). Thank God I gave her my car b/c not 10 minutes after I left my husband started acting like a jerk. Guess who popped up again??? The old HAG AV!!!

Anyway....I just need to take some deep breaths & start my day over. I'm still going to my meeting tonight but I'm biking. It's only like 5-7 miles round trip so it will be nice exercise. It's sunny and 70 degrees with a nice breeze here today.

Well....just telling on my AV! I start counseling on Tues. I really hope I figure out why my husband is such a huge trigger!!! Obviously I plan to work on all my trauma eventually but plan to just focus on current triggers & my sobriety for now.

Thx for letting me vent. I'm glad you are feeling a little better CASEY!
Old 06-25-2017, 11:48 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

I'm glad you posted Kiki!!
Old 06-25-2017, 12:10 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Thanks AK!
Old 06-25-2017, 12:21 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good job recognizing that you needed to hit the reset button on the day, KiKi. Be careful going to your meeting, and please check back in afterwards to let us know you're OK.

Fruit bars bought. And bottled water and Pepto and toilet paper. Just in case you needed to know my full shopping list. First bar went down easy, let's hope it stays down.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:23 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Good work, Kiki!!!

Hope you're feeling better, Casey

BBG, MITA have you visited the SMART Recovery website? They have meetings there too, but its online so personally I feel more comfortable doing that than face to face. That way I can also stay home & take notes.....I haven't done one of those in a while, tho.....hmmmm

Got a text from a friend asking "So you're not coming to the pub?" I said "I didn't know was supposed to" ~ some gathering there today & I missed the announcement since I'm not on Facebook. Geez, that's too bad.....It's a nice feeling that I don't even feel like going either! I hope I can keep it that way......

Nice to be here with you all
Old 06-25-2017, 12:25 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Old 06-25-2017, 12:25 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Pubs are for drinkers. And you don't do that anymore, Purps. Stay strong, my friend!
Old 06-25-2017, 12:38 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Doing 10 hour days this week starting tomorrow so we're supposed to go in at 5am. I'm glad I only have to do it through Wednesday, then have my two days off. If I could stay asleep for 12 hours I'd just go to bed now! Lol

Just to clarify: My 'geez that's too bad' comment was loaded with sarcasm......I so love not being on Facebook!
Old 06-25-2017, 02:43 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Hey guys!! Hubby had his whole weekend off, it's been over a month since that happened. We've been running around in this nasty heat. Today he went back to work and I'm still in my PJs and not planning on getting out of them today! That AV can rear her ugly mug if she wants but nothing short of an emergency is getting me out in this 108 degree weather and there is no liquor in this house 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 Me and iced tea are having a swinging party though 😋

I hope everyone is doing well and it's a heck of a lot cooler than it is here!
Old 06-25-2017, 05:05 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Evening! Checking in. About to make a sleeytime tea and get ready for bed. Have to be at work earlier than normal tomorrow - which hopefully translates into an earlier home time too.

Night all! Sunday funday!!