Notices

Class of March 2016 part 52

Old 06-25-2017, 05:21 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Morning everybody. Startin' fluid in hand. Hope everybody is having a great weekend.

I've decided to add journaling and meditation to my tool belt. But I have no idea how to start! Looking for tips and suggestions.

I'm also considering an AA meeting. But that just skeers me to death!!! I dunno' why.
I hope you'll go to one, just to check it out - you might like it?

Sorry you're feeling ill Casey - sorry for your day too Kiki and for your lack of sleep AK.

bon voyage MITA

D
Old 06-25-2017, 05:57 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Still not feeling right exactly but haven't thrown up or had other similar symptoms for quite a while now. Turns out my nephew was up all night throwing up too so I'm blaming something from our meal together Friday night for causing the food poisoning. Hopefully the rest of the family doesn't get it too.

Gonna watch a few episodes of GLOW, which I'm really enjoying, and try to crash by 9 or 9:30. Thanks for being here today. I'd say thanks for keeping me sober today but, let's be honest, there's not a chance that I was going to drink today feeling like this.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:08 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Hittin' the hay friends. It's BBT time!
Old 06-25-2017, 07:33 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Good night, guys. I've had a weird weekend. Got my son's car, cleaned it out. That made me really sad. Seeing the stuff he got from the food panty. Knowing everything he owned was there.

But, I had lots of baby time. And talking to Nathan, he seems okay with what's going on. So, sad or not, I'm at peace.

Will talk to you all tomorrow. Hope you're feeling better, Casey. You have done chatting to make up.

Sweet dreams, Mericans. Have a great day, Aussies!
Old 06-25-2017, 07:52 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Good job recognizing that you needed to hit the reset button on the day, KiKi. Be careful going to your meeting, and please check back in afterwards to let us know you're OK.

Fruit bars bought. And bottled water and Pepto and toilet paper. Just in case you needed to know my full shopping list. First bar went down easy, let's hope it stays down.
Thx Casey! I got home safe from the meeting. I didn't really LOVE the meeting but at least I got exercise! Ha.

Glad you are feeling better. Food poisoning, right? What did you eat yesterday?
Old 06-25-2017, 07:54 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Checking in from my phone - just got done with work & I am pooped....literally! But I still prefer that from animals as opposed to being crapped on by other humans - ain't nobody got time for that!

What's next up in my near future? Someone mentioned coffee....Mmmmmmm.....

I'll check back in when I get home

Me too Purp! I'll take animals over humans ANY day!!!
Old 06-25-2017, 07:58 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post
Ok. Sorry about the quick check-in/check-out before. But I hate when that happens - and sometimes it's so frustrating ... ughh, I should have more patience or tolerance or something.

Glad you are feeling better Casey - at least keep some fluids going if you can.

Thanks Kiki and Casey for your thoughtful comments on AA meetings. I've been to a couple and they've made me fairly uncomfortable, but maybe I should try again.

Heading out of town tomorrow for about 2 weeks - back home on July 9th. I'll try and keep up here using my phone - not ideal, but I'm thankful for unlimited data
Hey MITA! I just wanted to say hi. I hope you're doing well!
Old 06-25-2017, 08:01 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
Hey guys!! Hubby had his whole weekend off, it's been over a month since that happened. We've been running around in this nasty heat. Today he went back to work and I'm still in my PJs and not planning on getting out of them today! That AV can rear her ugly mug if she wants but nothing short of an emergency is getting me out in this 108 degree weather and there is no liquor in this house 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 Me and iced tea are having a swinging party though 😋

I hope everyone is doing well and it's a heck of a lot cooler than it is here!
Hey PR! 108 degrees??? That's HOT! I hate hot weather! Sounds like your AV hates hot weather too, thankfully. Ha.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:02 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Evening! Checking in. About to make a sleeytime tea and get ready for bed. Have to be at work earlier than normal tomorrow - which hopefully translates into an earlier home time too.

Night all! Sunday funday!!

Night Sam!
Old 06-25-2017, 08:03 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I hope you'll go to one, just to check it out - you might like it?

Sorry you're feeling ill Casey - sorry for your day too Kiki and for your lack of sleep AK.

bon voyage MITA

D
Thanks Dee!
Old 06-25-2017, 08:05 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Still not feeling right exactly but haven't thrown up or had other similar symptoms for quite a while now. Turns out my nephew was up all night throwing up too so I'm blaming something from our meal together Friday night for causing the food poisoning. Hopefully the rest of the family doesn't get it too.

Gonna watch a few episodes of GLOW, which I'm really enjoying, and try to crash by 9 or 9:30. Thanks for being here today. I'd say thanks for keeping me sober today but, let's be honest, there's not a chance that I was going to drink today feeling like this.
Awwww man Casey! Your nephew too? I guess one benefit of being sick is the AV stays away!
Old 06-25-2017, 08:06 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Hittin' the hay friends. It's BBT time!

Night BBG! I hope you had a good day!
Old 06-25-2017, 08:08 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Good night, guys. I've had a weird weekend. Got my son's car, cleaned it out. That made me really sad. Seeing the stuff he got from the food panty. Knowing everything he owned was there.

But, I had lots of baby time. And talking to Nathan, he seems okay with what's going on. So, sad or not, I'm at peace.

Will talk to you all tomorrow. Hope you're feeling better, Casey. You have done chatting to make up.

Sweet dreams, Mericans. Have a great day, Aussies!
I'm sorry Bobbie. Sounds like an emotionally exhausting weekend. I admire you're strength & you inspire me! Love u!
Old 06-25-2017, 08:09 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Hey Phoenix....did you start writing your autobiography yet? ;-)
Old 06-25-2017, 08:34 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Night, Kiki. Great job, today. ❤️
Old 06-25-2017, 09:59 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Prayers, B (for what they are worth).
Old 06-26-2017, 01:00 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

What day is it?!?

I'm gonna have to stay close.....AV started creeping in yesterday with a bunch of "what ifs" and "f-it" comments about my road trip. Add to that these long hours today thru Wednesday, I am needing to HALT. Maybe I should find a meeting too!

Startin' fluid time ~ Thanks everyone for keeping me going!
Old 06-26-2017, 01:17 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Take care, Purplrks3647
Old 06-26-2017, 01:52 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Morning! Startin' fluid in hand and ready to face the day....sort of. Lol

Bobbie - praying for you always and glad to hear you are at peace....you certainly deserve it.

Kiki - great job staying sober today. Not always easy but always worth it.

MITA - safe travels. Two weeks is a long time to be away from home....check in when you can

Casey - hope you wake up today feeling 100% better

Purplrks - great job being proactive with your AV. She doesn't belong here anyways. And think about all the memories you'll actually remember from your road trip because you're sober. Have a great day today!

PJ - what are you up to today?

BBG - did you decide on a meeting? If so let us know how it goes/went.

PR - hope you get a break in the weather...although you seem to have it covered with water balloons and ice tea

Well that's it for me...a bit long winded for this hour. Love you guys. Have an amazing Monday. ❤️❤️
Old 06-26-2017, 02:13 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Hi evereebodeee.
1825 here. Wonderfully productive day=- too effed to feel any accomplishment.
Tenuous sleep last night. Did my self imposed CBT homework. Then counselling @ 0900. My counsellor told me he thinks I am the most highly motivated and productive person he has ever worked with. His last role was working with young offenders. No real sense of accomplishment- I am feeling really emotionally exhausted.

Then (HA!) called that faceless govt dept again- as nothing heard from them for several weeks. This is because another faceless dept. had sent me 2 written thingies- that contradicts the first faceless dept. I was referred to a second source- then after another hour on hold- I got p.issed off and rang the executive faceless person who gave me their phone number a while back. Several voice/m later- the govt facelss dept rang ME and said all okay now. That there had been a 'delay' (which they admitted meant they had done NOTHING) because they were 'verifying my personal details'. So, I ask him- why did it take you so long to call me- 1 phone call, after 'weeks of verifying?'. Then senior person rings and apologises for the 5th time.
So (again) all sorted. Idiots. Such a tiring, dehumanising process.
Meeting at lunch - the whiney man was there. I just verified his presence by recognising the fact he is human. No empathy...a real Gollum.
Then it struck me- that is perhaps how my family feel about me...just there- like a traffic light. Not even worth the effort of hating. Do not feel crap now- but a saddening thought. Regardless.
This all relates to the social worker at the burns unit- 20 months ago lodging a disability allowance app. for me- I was still fresh out of a coma and a cognitive vegetable. The fact now it has been accepted after all that time- NOT because I am a vegetable- but a person with some cognitive damage, a lot of physical damage- AND c-PTSD which relates to a lifelong chronic clinical depression from when I was a kid.
End result- little phoenix is a damaged emotional boy- who is probably be a work in progress for life. I think the validation of this stuff by my own government means I can accept who I am without the thought my existence is wrong. Sigh.
Time for coffee.