Notices

Class of March 2016 part 52

Old 06-25-2017, 01:28 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Old 06-25-2017, 04:04 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Morning!!

This is going to sound stupid but I am pretty excited about today. I am off and DH and DD work all day!! Woot! Lol. I mean I love them but there's something pretty great about a day alone.

Slept decently last night...still woke up with a bit of last nights headache though. Meh.

Purplrks - hope your day at work is good and as in-peopley as possible.

BBG - how's the startin' fluid this morning?

Well I'm off for now. Ta-ta!!
Old 06-25-2017, 04:14 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 30 days Casey

Try something different this time BBG - maybe reaching out for help, before you drink, could bring about a different outcome?

D
Old 06-25-2017, 04:26 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

30 days is awesome Casey!!
Old 06-25-2017, 04:48 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Crap nights sleep. Hubby will be gone for the day till dinner. Gotta toughen up here lol.

Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 06-25-2017, 05:03 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your sleep AK....or lack thereof. What do you and the little kats have on the go today?
Old 06-25-2017, 05:22 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

So kind of a funny story (maybe also a little sad) Our liquor stores are set to go on strike at midnight tonight and I'm watching the news just now and people are in a panic. I guess there are lineups this morning and extended hours. Seems kind of like Armageddon. Lol. Good thing I don't drink.
Old 06-25-2017, 05:24 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Morning everybody. Startin' fluid in hand. Hope everybody is having a great weekend.

I've decided to add journaling and meditation to my tool belt. But I have no idea how to start! Looking for tips and suggestions.

I'm also considering an AA meeting. But that just skeers me to death!!! I dunno' why.
Old 06-25-2017, 05:31 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Morning BBG!!

I think it's awesome that you're adding to your toolbelt! I am not a professional at either journaling or meditation but I do both pretty regularly. Journaling for me can be anything from one word to sentence fragments to paragraphs. Every entry is a little different. Whatever works for you. For meditation I use an app on my phone. The one I like is called "Breathe" and the other really popular one is "Headspace" - both are free. Not sure if any of that helps. I think all you can really do is try something and if it doesn't work for you....try something else. ❤️
Old 06-25-2017, 05:34 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 31. Last day of month one.

I'm sick. I think it's food poisoning. Whatever it is, I've had stuff coming out both ends for the last five hours. Just called in to work, hoping I get some sleep soon. Feeling dehydrated but I'm afraid to take more than a few tiny sips of water right now.

This does remind me of March 2016, about a week before I joined this class, I had a bad case of food poisoning combined with a night of way over-drinking. As miserable as I feel right now, it's a million times better than how I felt back then. Grateful drink is not in the equation today.

I hope you'll give AA a chance. It's a group of alcoholics who don't want to drink and want to help each other, just like this place, BBG. Nothing to be afraid of.

Going to try to sleep now. Wishing everyone a safe and sober Sunday/Australian Thursday.
Old 06-25-2017, 05:45 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Morning BBG!!

I think it's awesome that you're adding to your toolbelt! I am not a professional at either journaling or meditation but I do both pretty regularly. Journaling for me can be anything from one word to sentence fragments to paragraphs. Every entry is a little different. Whatever works for you. For meditation I use an app on my phone. The one I like is called "Breathe" and the other really popular one is "Headspace" - both are free. Not sure if any of that helps. I think all you can really do is try something and if it doesn't work for you....try something else. ❤️
Thanks Sam. Helps a lot. I hadn't thought about apps. Think I'll check out Youtube and see what I can find there also.

Thanks bunches chum buddy!
Old 06-25-2017, 05:46 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Morning!

Casey, congrats on 1 month, yay

AK, you've got this. Just remember what Day 1 feels like. Not worth it.

Sam, can people buy alcohol in grocery stores, etc there? Enjoy your quiet day off!

BBG, I was nervous about AA at first, too, but it really helps me. I wish I could get to more meetings. It's worth a try

Beautiful day here so we're heading out into Amish country for a little day trip. I need to get out and do something different. It shuts my AV up.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-25-2017, 05:48 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Feel better, Casey!
Old 06-25-2017, 05:50 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

BBG- for me journaling is a continuous list- with emotions. I just keep adding to it. D and M stuff- like THAT incident which turned my life onto sobriety-to need milk. I re read this stuff and then just add more- a running tally. So if I speak to someone significant- a date/time- person added then have it in the future. I also rank my feelings from 1 - 10 every now and then.
CSAEY- lots of water..toast and easily digestibles.
AA mmetings- they are not scary. They are just people who want to share- listen, learn and support. There are the crazies, the zealots, the soccer mum's and the 'lads'. No different than any other group of people. I ignore the clichés, the god references and concentrate on how people stay sober and what works. After all I tried everything else and failed miserably. Meetings are a human connection to a terrible addictive process. I humanises it.
Give it a go- any who are getting jitters. What have you got to lose? NOTHING!
Old 06-25-2017, 06:02 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Crap, Casey, that sucks. (I know you see it)

BBG - I go to YouTube, search whatever meditation I need that day, addiction, empowerment, better mood, self worth, etc. start with 10 minutes or less. Just build on it. You would love AA, just as they would love you. Hardest part, walking in the door the first time. That only lasts for a second. You can do this.

Sam- that's kind of funny about the liquor stores. I remember when Anheuser-Busch drivers here went on strike. This city was broken.

AK - stay in each moment. Don't think about how much better it would be "if". Think about how good it is now.

Mish - so happy to see you! Great job!

MITA- holy crap - of all the people that need A/C. Did you read about the man that shot himself at the Grand Canyon last week? He was a friend of mine. I'm not sure if that would make your local news or not.

LB- sounds like an awesome day.

Phoenix- your mp looks awesome. Sounds like you are making great progress!

Have a great day, don't drink.
Old 06-25-2017, 06:05 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Casey I'm sorry your feel bad hurts. Thanks for the AA tip.
Old 06-25-2017, 06:25 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 1 month Casey. We know you won't be drinking today.
Old 06-25-2017, 06:31 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Feel better Casey! Maybe you caught the norovirus from our household from a couple weeks back. Eek.

Whatever it is, hydrate and work slowly on BRAT diet!
Old 06-25-2017, 06:37 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Morning all!
I hope you get to feeling better soon Casey!
Great advice on AA PhoenixJ! As to focusing on what to take away from the meetings.
I reckon I'll go get another cup of coffee and lift my weights for the day. Lotsa yard work after that. Take care all!
Old 06-25-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

2300ish here...OH ALRIGHT, time for more coffee.