Notices

Class of March 2016 part 52

Old 06-24-2017, 05:16 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, finally checking in. Today was tough. Got myself to a meeting this morning, but still feeling kind of off today. Not sure why. It was a beautiful day so we spent some time outside and cooked out tonight, but my mind kept going to how good that glass of wine would be. Kept playing the tape through, but hate days where I feel like I'm white knuckling it. Hoping tomorrow is better.

Hugs, BBG. Stick close to us.

Love you all. Time to start putting the little bugs to bed.
Old 06-24-2017, 05:16 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Sam...what else would I do? hmmmmmmm-egads! I have it! All yoga- no goats.
Silly humour aside- animals (the non lethal kind) have always offered solace to people persons. My example of crazy cat lady. On tele- strangely just now- there was a report on a program for women who have been victims of sexual abuse- with horse therapy. Not yogas- but the horse and the woman- 'suss' each other out, establish a bond of trust. The staffie will put witches hats on the ground for the woman to lead the horse up to and around. The hats represent traumatic incidents to be 'sorted'.
Once in my own little phoenix space- I think a dog will do me.
Speaking of phoenix- my m/p is evolving slowly. Definitely art therapy (although I really do not like the work 'therapy'- it reminds me of institutionalised elderly people gluing paddle pop sticks to empty tissue boxes).
Because I look at what I paint, think of how I was doing emotionally. If it is a real chore- something is up. Plus patience and forward thinking.
Old 06-24-2017, 06:00 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
I feel so bad! Really low. I drank AGAIN! Startin' a new day one. I'm truly the king of relapse!!!
BBG....If you're the KING of relapse then I'm the QUEEN of relapse. I've been doing ok this go-around but man....I know how you are feeling right now because it was just 11 days ago that I was scratching my head saying "why in the WORLD do I keep doing this? WHAT is wrong with me???"

Did something trigger you this time? Don't give up! WE can never ever give up! And don't leave us!
Old 06-24-2017, 06:02 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Have a great day everyone. Had a post started, it went away. Darn phone.

Nathan is okay. I didn't cry at the jail.

Busy night last night with family.

Have graduation party today. Going to try and get Nathan's car from impound.

Have a good day guys!

Love you Bobbie! And praying for you....
Old 06-24-2017, 06:03 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Lol Casey....hmmmmm....what else could I do at the gym besides exercise???

EAT! They have a Subway in the gym! Lol!
Old 06-24-2017, 06:08 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Hi everyone, finally checking in. Today was tough. Got myself to a meeting this morning, but still feeling kind of off today. Not sure why. It was a beautiful day so we spent some time outside and cooked out tonight, but my mind kept going to how good that glass of wine would be. Kept playing the tape through, but hate days where I feel like I'm white knuckling it. Hoping tomorrow is better.

Hugs, BBG. Stick close to us.

Love you all. Time to start putting the little bugs to bed.
I know exactly how you feel LB. some days are just plain HARD! We need to stay sober so we can finally escape the EARLY days! The early days are the hardest! Love you.
Old 06-24-2017, 06:09 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

I want to try Goat yoga Sam!!!
Old 06-24-2017, 06:10 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

1. AppleKat
2. AutumnLover19
3. beerbgone
4. Bobbieka
5. Caramel
6. Casey
7. Clearlyheaded
8. Dee
9. Fred
10. immri
11. Kayak
12. Keets
13. Kiki0615
14. Ladybug2
15. LillianGish
16. ManInTheArena
17. MISH
18. 1StepUp
19. PeacefulRain
20. Pelagic263
21. PhoenixJ
22. Purplrks3647
23. Samantha14
24. SpaceGoat
25. Thirteenth
26. Upstairs

I love our class!!!
Old 06-24-2017, 06:19 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Well big hugs to everyone I didn't say hi to! I'm so tired I can hardly keep my eyes open. Worked out this morning, was at the softball field most of the day for my daughters game and then took my dog for a 5 mile walk before I made dinner tonight.

My mother was at my daughter's softball game (she just shows up to stuff) and as you know...she's very toxic! The game was nearly over & my AV kept getting louder & louder & louder so I snuck off to my car and drove home. The minute I got home I grabbed my dog and just started walking! The further I walked the quieter my AV got. My poor dog was so tired she just laid down in the middle of our walk. Lol.

Anyway...I didn't drink & that's all that matters. I listened to an audio book called "Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren. Anyone ever read it? It's really good so far!

Anyway...off to bed. Love you all!!!
Old 06-24-2017, 06:57 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Great job, Kiki! Proud of you. You'll feel soooo good in the morning. Love you too!
Old 06-24-2017, 07:04 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Awesome, Kiki!
Old 06-24-2017, 08:31 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Nice workKiki and LB2

BBG, looking forward to a startin' fluid report tomorrow!

Got home a few hours ago from a busy day. A/C is not working!! Yikes!

Waiting for the electrician or someone like him
Old 06-24-2017, 08:42 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Good work Kiki. Proud of you xxx
Old 06-24-2017, 08:50 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Hey Casey are you still taking guesses for your 7000th post?
Old 06-24-2017, 10:01 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Well folks- for better or worse- my mp is now done.
Staffie just dropped by for a one minute 'duty of care' visit. 2 intentions- to make sure people are travelling well and not dead and to check people are not just using this recovery program as a very cheap, very nice place to live in the city while pursuing a career in addiction.
These visits is usually 30 sec's at the door. Staffie today spent about 30 minutes having a 'tour' of my gallery of mp's, held up with library tape. The visual image defines the emotion and the story. Now wants a copy of one of them (the blue eye, enveloped in a circle of green, surrounded by flame- cloaked in thousands of tiny green leaves one).
She was a little gob smacked to see what I get up to.
Also - I deid have a phase of a day or so of referring to my imaginary friend 'Wilson'..as in the movie Castaway with Tom H. She says sometimes (had seen that- a smiley face- with my burns vest for a body, draped jeans on a chair and thongs) she cannot get the image of Wilson out of her head- creepy. Which is why, I agreed Wilson is no more.
Old 06-24-2017, 10:03 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good night at work. Wasn't super crazy busy but I made really really good money and didn't break much of a sweat at any point. Plus you know I traded for last night off and worked tonight instead, and I heard last night was a disaster. That huge storm I talked about knocked the power out six different times and it was just a big old mess. So glad I was at home watching television and talking to Purps and AppleK and Sam about Clue and Drop Dead Fred instead.

Mish, the entry period has passed for my contest but still feel free to leave a guess and see how close you get unofficially please! It might not be an official entry but you can still feel the satisfaction of beating Bobbie. How are you doing, by the way? Nice to see you.

Lots of good sobriety in here tonight. I know some were struggling but you didn't drink so you won today. Do that again tomorrow and you might just be amazed at the results. Kudos to everyone here who went to bed sober tonight.

Gonna try and crash now. Have to be back at work in 10 hours. Thank you all for keeping me sober one more day. Day 30--my LAST day 30, I hope and pray--is over and done with. If I make it through Sunday without taking a drink--which I will--that'll be one month sober for me. Goodnight class! Keep this place tidy while we're asleep, Phoenix and Mish and immri, wherever you are.
Old 06-24-2017, 10:39 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

PJ, that all sounds great. Sorry that Wilson is no more. I always found that an interesting part of the movie.

Good to see you around too, Mish!!

The A/C is working now, which is the good news. The bad news is that it is clearly on its last legs. Oh well ....

Calling it a day. See you in the morning!
Old 06-24-2017, 10:42 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

I empathise with your heat o'er there, MITA. We get it too. Lots of very cold water is my usual coping mechanism (with lots of hot coffee).
Old 06-24-2017, 11:27 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

I'm doing well thanks sweet Casey. Still sober Yay! Ok so my unofficial guess is 10th July at 9.00am.
Old 06-24-2017, 11:35 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

mita- my Wilson will always live- in the art-g here at SR. He became a little distant...not talking to me- staring for hours without moving. Wearing the same clothes day in, day out. He had to go. Just like Wilson in the movie.