Notices

Class of March 2016 part 52

Old 06-26-2017, 02:38 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Wow PJ. That's a lot of things and thoughts for one day. Hugs to you. Being a work in progress is a good thing I think. It means we will forever be striving for better....never complacent or standing still. And you certainly dont need validation from your government for existing, although I understand what you are saying. I'm truly glad you exist. I'm grateful for your presence in this world. Hugs again. ❤️❤️
Old 06-26-2017, 04:05 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Good mornin' everybody. Sippin' startin' fluid and workin' on a to-do list for today. Don't want idle hands.

Have a great sober Monday friends!
Old 06-26-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Hey, Party People! Time to get this week started!

Phoenix had a head start. Man. You accomplish more in a day than I have in a month. Glad you called the faceless people again. Don't let them forget you.

Purple - have a great day!!

Sam!!! Have an awesomely awesome day!

BBG - video time! You really should share them with us!

Have a great day everyone! Wake up! The sky is awake!
Old 06-26-2017, 07:20 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

“Next time you're stressed, take a step back, inhale & laugh. Remember who you are & why you are here. You're never given anything in this world that you cannot handle. Be strong, be flexible, love yourself & love others. Always remember, just keep moving forward.”
Old 06-26-2017, 07:31 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 32. Starting month two!

Internet stopped working this morning halfway thru reading/hitting the thanks button so typing this on my phone now. So forgive my not responding to everyone individually. Feeling better, I think, though I'm starving right now since I didn't really eat yesterday. Short shift at work. Probably an AA meeting this evening.

I'm not going to drink today. No matter what.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:15 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

B- when I did my basic post/grad degree in education...I had to get feedback from my 'colleagues'. My then boss (who was an animated turd) wrote about me ...' never to be ignored'. I do not think the faceless people will forget me anytime soon. Perhaps I might ring them sometimes, just to say hello.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:56 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Thought for the Day

Each Day a New Beginning

Mental health, like dandruff, crops up when you least expect it.

—Robin Worthington

We're responsible for the effort but not the outcome. Frequently, a single problem or many problems overwhelm us. We may feel crazy, unable to cope and certain that we have made no progress throughout this period of recovery. But we have. Each day that we choose sobriety, that we choose abstinence from pills or food, we are moving more securely toward mental health as a stable condition.

We perhaps felt strong, secure, on top of things last week, or yesterday.

We will again tomorrow, or maybe today. When we least expect it, our efforts pay off - quietly, perhaps subtly, sometimes loudly - a good belly laugh may signal a glimmer of our mental health.

No one achieves an absolute state of total mental health. To be human is to have doubts and fears. But as faith grows, as it will when we live the Twelve Steps, doubts and fears lessen. The good days will increase in number.

Meeting a friend, asking for a raise, resolving a conflict with my spouse, or friend, will be handled more easily, when I least expect it. Looking forward with hope, not backward, is my best effort-today.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:27 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Short shift at work. I did eat after posting in here. By the time I got to work at 10:15, my stomach was turning circles. So I left early. Home now. Internet still not working so still typing on my phone. Annoying. And not helping Bobbie's chances to win any. Too quiet in here. Where is everyone?
Old 06-26-2017, 11:42 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Stupid brain. Not letting me sleep because 'it' wants to stay up and thonk. THEN when I get to sleep- stupid brain wakes me up, because it does not appreciate the dream/horror theme the older more primitive stupid brain wants to run with. I would rather be sleeping, than thonking. 2 HOURS.
Oh well, back to the art.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:52 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

I'm sorry PJ that sounds miserable. I hope you manage to get a few more hours of sleep somehow.

Casey - rest should help...hopefully it's just the remnants of yesterday and nothing else.

Bobbie - thanks for always sharing such great reflections. I haven't read one yet that hasn't resonated with me in some regard.

Well on my way home. No plans. DH is home late today so I may nap a little if I can. Feeling strangely sleepy.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:04 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Ugh, Casey. I need your internet working. Take care of yourself.

Phoenix - sorry. Maybe your brain knew you were going to do something amazing with your masterpiece.

Sam - well, then, take a nap. PS (I steal the daily reflections from Erfra in the 24 hour thread. I don't think he minds though)

Check in. We're here all day.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:08 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Someone gave my 2 year old a crybaby pill. In the words of Frank Costanza....SERENITY NOW!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2017, 01:22 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Holy crap that was a long day! Almost went to McDonalds but I talked myself out of it....especially since I'm not at the gym where I should be. There's a SMART meeting online at 6 that I may join....if I don't fall asleep first!

Thanks everyone for being here!
Old 06-26-2017, 01:57 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Took a nap. Internet still not working. Sorry Bobbie. Eating Jello.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:00 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Replace running with recovery. Same principal. (Purple - my pinterest addiction)
Old 06-26-2017, 02:01 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Sam - I hate work in progress. Please, may I be very rich, talented, healthy, productive, safe, and anything else in the fine print needed to have everything, to know it, be appreciative and give back?
No? Oh bugger, WIP it is then.
COFFFEE! That is what is wrong....(got another hour's sleep).
Old 06-26-2017, 02:17 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Done traveling for the day. In Boston now with 2 co-workers. The plan is to go to the rooftop bar at the hotel for dinner and then head over to Fenway where we will get seats in Tulley's Tavern section, which is basically a bar way out in right field where you can barely see the game.

I'll be okay. Going to ball park is always good. We have a meeting in the morning which is all the excuse I need to not drink. My #1 goal though is to go to bed sober.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:22 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Have fun, MITA. Fenway is great!
Old 06-26-2017, 03:03 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Thanks Bobbie for sharing the pin.....so true!!!
Old 06-26-2017, 03:10 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Took a nap. Internet still not working. Sorry Bobbie. Eating Jello.
I like jello too. Did you know it's made out of bones?