View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 11:04 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

Got some sleep. Haven't thrown up since right before last posting in here five hours ago, so that's good. Trying to decide what would be safe to try and eat. I've got it in my head that one of those frozen fruit bars would be good so I may don some trousers and brave the store for a few minutes. Plus it would feel good on my raw throat.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Wouldn't be wrapping up one month today without all of you.

Hope you try one of those meetings out, BBG. Like KiKi said, the only difference between open and closed is that technically anyone can walk in off the street to an open meeting while closed meetings are only for those who want to stop drinking. Here in my city, that mainly means that open meetings are also attended by some wives/husbands who are members of AA's sister support group Alanon.

One thing to remember is that every group and every meeting is different, dependent a lot on the people attending that particular meeting. If you don't care for the vibe at one meeting, that doesn't mean you won't like the next one. Even different meeting times at the same meeting place can be very different. And if you hear something you don't care for, much like can happen right here on SR, it's always good to remember, "Take what you need and leave the rest."

Yeah, I think I'm going go brave the store for a minute. Wish me luck.