SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 part 52 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/411516-class-march-2016-part-52-a.html)

Dee74 06-20-2017 10:31 PM

Class of March 2016 part 52

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-51-a-20.html

D

PhoenixJ 06-20-2017 11:47 PM

:thanks

Purplrks3647 06-21-2017 02:41 AM

:c017: Thank you Dee!

Lets see.....Casey I'll say June 30 at 2pm

Congrats Phoenix! :scoregood

Time for some :23: :23: :23:

Applekat 06-21-2017 03:35 AM

Casey: June 28th, 6:00 PM EsT

Morning friends! Day 4 (boo). Last day of school here. Eek.

Applekat 06-21-2017 04:02 AM

Casey - I couldn't get into Lit. It exhausted me with the writing style if I remember correctly. I started Wasted yesterday but not sure I will buy it. Have to check local libraries prob.

I don't want to get out of bed!!

beerbgone 06-21-2017 04:11 AM

Mornin' friends. Happy hump day to all!

Sippin' startin' fluid planning my day. Stay sober everybody!

samantha14 06-21-2017 05:18 AM

Morning all

Slept like absolute crap. This is the part I hate. And the part that often sends me searching for a liquid answer in the early days. Usually I can manage for the first little bit but there comes a point where my body just can't handle it anymore. I'm at that point. And it not like normal HALT and jut watching for the signs and maybe sleeping in a little. I literally can't sleep. And last night was my first nightmare in forever. That's the beginning usually. DH remarked this morning "you were violent last night". Blah. Time to make a counselling appointment.

Anyways no plans for today. I might try for a nap later. Sometimes I can sleep better during the light of day. Oh and I have yoga. That should help my headspace a little.

Casey I say June 29th - noon.

Staying sober today. No matter what.

PhoenixJ 06-21-2017 05:33 AM

HA! The writing thingy turns out to be 5 times more expensive than I understood. So no scholarship for me. Sigh. Volunteer lady not much help either, but I will keep researching and doing my own thing. My phoenix m/p is taking shape. Now it is getting the colours right.

KiKi0615 06-21-2017 05:33 AM

Morning everyone, Sam so sorry about your nightmare & lack of sleep. That's hard! I hope yoga helps. Maybe exercise or melatonin? I've never taken melatonin but have heard it helps!

Have a great day everyone! Love you all!

Applekat 06-21-2017 05:34 AM

That stinks about the $$ PJ!!

samantha14 06-21-2017 05:38 AM

Sorry about the writing program PJ!! Everything is hidden fees and way more pricey than it should be. Can't wait to see the new MP. :)

beerbgone 06-21-2017 05:43 AM

Sorry you're having a rough time Sam. I'm having one to. I can relate to you. I think I'm moving toward a Tsunami AV attack!!!

samantha14 06-21-2017 05:46 AM

What are you doing to prepare for it BBG? I know you have done a plethora of research on relapse prevention. Also don't forget that we are all here to support and help you (I won't forget that either)

CaseyW 06-21-2017 06:22 AM

Day 27. I don't know what to say about that #. It's 26+1. It's the age in years that a lot of famous rock stars died.

But part 52! Woo hoo! First monthly class ever to reach that mark. Next goal--one year and unders are on part 59. We already passed the one year and overs. We'll never catch the 24 hour thread.

Long day at work today instead of my normal day off. That's OK. Or at least I'm gonna keep telling myself that.

Hope you get the sleep you need today, Samantha. Sorry you're in a bad headspace right now but remember a drink is not the answer. Alcohol is a depressant, no matter what our addiction tries to tell us differently.

If you know a tsunami is coming, you've got time to find some safe ground beforehand, BBG.

Have a nice day, KiKi.

Good thing about writing is it doesn't have to cost any money, Phoenix. Stick with it, class or not.

Nothing to boo about there, Applekat. Day 4 is one more than day 3 and tomorrow will be one more than today. Have you read Smashed or Blackout? I remember them both being pretty good but it's been a while.

Good morning, Purple!

Sorry to hear people are struggling/hurting this morning but glad you're still here sober. Stick close, post often, and remember that a drink is not the answer. It's part of the problem.

CaseyW 06-21-2017 06:25 AM

You have approximately 15.5 more hours to enter my new contest. Guess the date and time (CST) that I will hit post #7,000 here at SR and you could pick my avatar for five days!

WHEN WILL CASEY GET TO POST #7,000? ENTER NOW!

Bobbieka — June 27, 2017, 9:00 am CST
Applekat — June 28, 2017, 5:00 pm CST
Samantha — June 29, 2017, 12:00 pm CST
Purplrks — June 30, 2017, 2:00 pm CST
KiKi — July 2, 2017, 3:31 pm CST

beerbgone 06-21-2017 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by samantha14 (Post 6506309)
What are you doing to prepare for it BBG? I know you have done a plethora of research on relapse prevention. Also don't forget that we are all here to support and help you (I won't forget that either)

Just posting the fact that I was having troubles really, really helped. That's something I would not have done in my past!!!

I've also eaten breakfast. (hunger is a huge trigger of mine).

Logging into Youtube to watch some videos now.

I think I got this!!!

Bobbieka 06-21-2017 07:08 AM

Good morning guys.

Sam, BBG - hugs. Stay in each moment. Even if the moment sucks, you are getting through it.

Applekat - I agree with Casey (wait, what?!?) Day 4 is great. You know when it's not great? When you stop trying - and you're not going to do that.

PHX - Sucks - the money and volunteer people stuff - but you know what? You're not who you were and you will overcome these obstacles. You are a Rock Star! The Great Blue Whale. With a beard.

Kiki - Good morning. Your days exhaust me. Seriously.

Purple - have a freaking fantastic day!

Dee - thanks for the new thread and the support.

Hopefulish news. (I don't know how to spell that because it's not a word).

The guy from my dad's church that is with the rehab place that Nathan was going to go to said he will come talk to the judge hoping for a sentence of mandatory rehab. I don't know if it will help, but a glimmer of light.

I get to babysit Sophia tonight. Pretty excited about that. Will probably post pics tomorrow. Be ready.

Have an awesome day today! If you're crabby be like MITA! He's cheery.

samantha14 06-21-2017 07:20 AM

BBG - you do "got this".....great job recognizing it and getting ahead of it.

Bobbie - praying for the right outcome for Nathan. Sounds like he's got some pretty amazing people in his life. Enjoy Sophia and looking forward to the pictures tomorrow. ❤️

Leaving for yoga in an hour. I've decided to take the bus. I know I'm weird but I enjoy it. And if I'm being 100% honest - the bus steers clear of all liquor stores and doesn't leave me the opportunity to stop on my way home.

Bobbieka 06-21-2017 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by samantha14 (Post 6506430)

Leaving for yoga in an hour. I've decided to take the bus. I know I'm weird but I enjoy it. And if I'm being 100% honest - the bus steers clear of all liquor stores and doesn't leave me the opportunity to stop on my way home.

Whatever it takes.

CaseyW 06-21-2017 08:03 AM

Enjoy your bus yoga, Samantha.

Stay on dry ground, BBG.

Have a nice day, Bobbie. Glad for your hopefulish news.

Check in, everyone else! Build those accountability muscles. If you don't use 'em, you'll lose 'em! Do I sound like a inspirational football coach from the movies yet?

Time for work, Casey.