Notices

One Year & Over Part 50

Old 05-24-2017, 06:59 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Haven't heard any new words here that thrill me dearest Mags.....none at all actually. I start school next week, so we shall see what transpires.

More love to Mrs Treerat dearest Andy, and lots for you too. Lots for all of you. ♥
Old 05-24-2017, 07:00 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

thanks, suze
Old 05-24-2017, 12:38 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Congrats again on the art position PJ.

My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and your wife Andy during this time.

FBL, I loved the radio show despite the technical issues. It had me finally laughing a little yesterday, which was very needed.

Enjoy the rest of your day all!
Old 05-24-2017, 09:06 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Well I think I need my eyes testing! As I put out the wheelie bins yesterday morning around 5.30am around 8 geese where walking around making much noise! I took a picture of them and showed my friend who promptly said they were Guinea fowl! lol, I did think they were smaller than normal!

Hope it's a good day for all. Prayers and hugs for everyone
Old 05-24-2017, 11:38 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Mags, my eyes don't work too well at 5:30 either.

Have a good one, everyone.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:46 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

We have Canada geese in our neighborhood, Mags. In the early spring most of them vanished: now we just have a mating pair and their four goslings.

They are very charming to see. The goslings are now about half as big as their parents.

So charming to see them waddling to and fro!

Not so charming: the innumerable loads of green CRAP they leave all over the front walkway!
Old 05-25-2017, 02:13 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  
Magsie

Andy, , joking apart, best time of the day for me especially now it's lovely and light!
Oh Gilmer what a lovely sight for you of the Canada geese.
My neighbour had about 6 geese, you can't just have one! Apparently, As one stays watch all the time and I believe they do it in turns like the from of the V formation. But I sidetracked, they would get in our garden and when we came out of the door they were waiting and gave our legs a right pecking! Haha. I showed no fear though! After the initial shock. I'd love geese and goats.
Old 05-25-2017, 02:46 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!
Old 05-25-2017, 03:09 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Hi, Sass!
Old 05-25-2017, 03:28 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Busy day ahead. I have a routine dentist visit at 9am and then I have to drive a pick-up truck full of stuff to my boss's summer home, which is about 120 miles north of here. We'll unload and then turn around and come right back. Probably won't see him again until September, although we always keep in touch.

I'm starting my summer side project this weekend. It's some very interesting research on the regional hits of 1956. I'll be learning about lots of songs and artists that will be brand new to me. Plus, it's some extra cash and will keep me out of trouble on the weekends.

Have a Thunderous Thursday, overs!
Old 05-25-2017, 06:58 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

overs check in and shout out!
Old 05-25-2017, 07:51 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Hey, Zip! Good to see you!
Old 05-25-2017, 11:04 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Zip!

FBL, listened to the show yesterday, loved Brian Guy Adams! Who'd -a- thunk?!
Old 05-26-2017, 12:08 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

28C in Aberdeen yesterday, forecast for 30C in places today with high UV.
Slip, slop, slap. Slip on a t shirt, slop on the sun screen and slap on a hat.

Have a good day and stay cool.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:21 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey all!
I've started to answer several posts several times but was just exhausted. I was in and out of The eye doc's office, and was invited to join a friend's steel building and portable building company. He also does sales of those steel carports and Chinese four wheelers and side by sides. Sounds discordant but he has six locations now and he needs someone to manage the two stores here, soon to be three. So I'd been running between the stores with him meeting the sales staff and the assemblers/mechanics. Pretty amazing. I was just trying it on, and after three days, my wife had a sudden thought, what about Social Security? Didn't they have limits to what one could earn? OMG! I'd not even thought. so after reading online and finding it all was contradictory.So I called. that took a half hour and then another waiting for a call back. So after a day of checking I find that the limit is absurdly low, but only until my full retirement age, which is different depending on the year born. My full retirement age for 1952 is 65. So next year in May, I can earn as much as I want or can, with no penalty. So I declined the management job for now, but may do some part time. But even that will result in the government overpaying then collecting then messing up the solutions and asking for new paperwork only to decide they are wrong and others are needed. I've been there with military pay errors. takes six months to resolve.

It makes no sense to me to act like getting back some of the money I paid in is somehow like fraudulent if I'm worth more. Then doing a 180° turn when I'm 65? So I've been training some for nothing. Fortunately my old friend says not to worry a year goes by quick, which is truer the older I get.

In between we have finalized the succession with the lawyer this week and should be able to get it ready and sell the land and house soon.

Then I think, naaa, I like staying up late watching streaming vids, until 2 and sleeping in until my eight hours sleep is done at 10 or 10:30. I had to rebuild my big zero turn mower deck and replace the PTO belt. I am selling the old gazebo/deck and just finally got the release of lien and registration for my new to me 2015 Hyundai Elantra. An active duty AF NCO had to have cash first to pay it off which was no problem for me. Now I'm going to have to decide whether it stays my car or we sell the 2012 Kia my SH drives. So we temporarily have four vehicles for two people. We always have our two cars and our diesel 3/4 ton Ram. That way when one needs servicing we aren't carpooling. And I need a truck for hauling, towing the 10 foot utility trailer when the big mowers or the tractor needs to go in for servicing, and towing the 28.5' 5th wheel RV.

I tried a small Ford Ranger 4 cylinder and it got 19mpg and had trouble pulling my old double axle trailer unloaded. So it was back to a RAM diesel.

Well, tonight I started writing and just want to say thanks for all your camaraderie.

RZ,
Got your 'earing aids?

Toots, Mags, And Sassy, love your posts.

PJ,
We do have our backgrounds in common.

Hey Dee!

I just wish with all the pain and nausea that more places would allow prescribed marijuana instead of the opioids used now that are the gateway drugs for good upstanding people prescribed them for pain then limit them from more after they're addicted and are forced to switch to heroin in their minds.

More tomorrow.

It would be better to use or need none. If MJ did as well or better and I had a choice, I'd want the less addictive option.

FBL,
I'm sure you'll share some of your new songs you like from 1956.

I missed Gil and several others sorry, it is 2:20AM and I'm bushed!

nite all
Old 05-26-2017, 02:20 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Busy day yesterday. The dentist found a new cavity, so I'll have to go back in about a month for a filling. The trip up north went as expected. 2 hours up, about 30 minutes there to unload, then 2 hours back again. Happy to be back at my desk today. Looking forward to starting my side project this weekend.

Thanks for the kind words on my radio appearance. I felt bad that the host was having some difficulty with the phone. Not much I could do as the guest, but I've been in his position before, so I can sympathize. Still love live, local radio as opposed to pre-recorded shows which are very common these days.

Have a Fabulous Friday, overs!
Old 05-26-2017, 04:33 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Hi Overs! Dang, I am off for a few days and you are all so busy, will have to catch up!

Sadly I have been in a depression funk, no reason of course, just everything and nothing as depression can do. Getting out of town for the holiday weekend and visiting my sister. Nothing much on agenda there, but I always have to clean her gutters for her. Even though at age 60 and 73 we still drive each other nuts it is good to have someone around to yap at.

But good news, still sober, no desire to drink even though I have had "reason to" as my addict kept nagging me.

Have a good weekend all, especially USA friends on Memorial Day!
Old 05-26-2017, 05:25 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

(((Drake)))

Hope the time at your sister's is soothing.
Old 05-26-2017, 06:19 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Good morning, all!

Drake, great that you are resisting. Drinking doesn't "fix" depression or anything else, does it? It just layers over with something even more miserable.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:04 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I've been so busy.
Only a month and a bit left of this show, thank GOODNESS.
Remember I was talking about going back to school for fine arts a while back? It looks like it might actually happen, part time study at this program is an option, I didn't know it was. So basically I can afford it where I thought I couldn't. It's actually doable. So I'll make up my mind about that shortly. I'm thinking it's a good thing to do though, I always wanted to get a degree.
But fine arts? What am I thinking.
The guy upstairs who was causing me a huge amount of stress because of the noise he created, has been asked to move out. Apparently I'm not the only one who he has been making crazy in the neighbourhood and the landlord had enough of him. The two other roommates have told me that their next roommate will fit in better.
So that is a huge relief.
I've been enjoying single life lately, or at least getting used to trying to enjoy being single. I'm making new friends and have been busy with the radio show and other things. It's good.
I had a breakthrough in my therapy the other day. Was something else. It's cathartic. I told her some things that I've never vocalized to anyone in my entire life. What an experience.
Off to work I go, thank goodness it's POETS Day!