View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 12:21 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Hey all!
I've started to answer several posts several times but was just exhausted. I was in and out of The eye doc's office, and was invited to join a friend's steel building and portable building company. He also does sales of those steel carports and Chinese four wheelers and side by sides. Sounds discordant but he has six locations now and he needs someone to manage the two stores here, soon to be three. So I'd been running between the stores with him meeting the sales staff and the assemblers/mechanics. Pretty amazing. I was just trying it on, and after three days, my wife had a sudden thought, what about Social Security? Didn't they have limits to what one could earn? OMG! I'd not even thought. so after reading online and finding it all was contradictory.So I called. that took a half hour and then another waiting for a call back. So after a day of checking I find that the limit is absurdly low, but only until my full retirement age, which is different depending on the year born. My full retirement age for 1952 is 65. So next year in May, I can earn as much as I want or can, with no penalty. So I declined the management job for now, but may do some part time. But even that will result in the government overpaying then collecting then messing up the solutions and asking for new paperwork only to decide they are wrong and others are needed. I've been there with military pay errors. takes six months to resolve.

It makes no sense to me to act like getting back some of the money I paid in is somehow like fraudulent if I'm worth more. Then doing a 180° turn when I'm 65? So I've been training some for nothing. Fortunately my old friend says not to worry a year goes by quick, which is truer the older I get.

In between we have finalized the succession with the lawyer this week and should be able to get it ready and sell the land and house soon.

Then I think, naaa, I like staying up late watching streaming vids, until 2 and sleeping in until my eight hours sleep is done at 10 or 10:30. I had to rebuild my big zero turn mower deck and replace the PTO belt. I am selling the old gazebo/deck and just finally got the release of lien and registration for my new to me 2015 Hyundai Elantra. An active duty AF NCO had to have cash first to pay it off which was no problem for me. Now I'm going to have to decide whether it stays my car or we sell the 2012 Kia my SH drives. So we temporarily have four vehicles for two people. We always have our two cars and our diesel 3/4 ton Ram. That way when one needs servicing we aren't carpooling. And I need a truck for hauling, towing the 10 foot utility trailer when the big mowers or the tractor needs to go in for servicing, and towing the 28.5' 5th wheel RV.

I tried a small Ford Ranger 4 cylinder and it got 19mpg and had trouble pulling my old double axle trailer unloaded. So it was back to a RAM diesel.

Well, tonight I started writing and just want to say thanks for all your camaraderie.

RZ,
Got your 'earing aids?

Toots, Mags, And Sassy, love your posts.

PJ,
We do have our backgrounds in common.

Hey Dee!

I just wish with all the pain and nausea that more places would allow prescribed marijuana instead of the opioids used now that are the gateway drugs for good upstanding people prescribed them for pain then limit them from more after they're addicted and are forced to switch to heroin in their minds.

More tomorrow.

It would be better to use or need none. If MJ did as well or better and I had a choice, I'd want the less addictive option.

FBL,
I'm sure you'll share some of your new songs you like from 1956.

I missed Gil and several others sorry, it is 2:20AM and I'm bushed!

nite all