Notices

Class of March 2017 Support Thread Part Two

Old 03-23-2017, 11:25 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Isn't Meat Great checking in. 😂😂😂 Not what I was going for but I don't disagree. Day 11 for me now and I completely agree, I am TIRED. I had tons of energy week one and like you the day is ok. A little tired waking up but by the time 6pm hits I'm wiped out. I've read it's very normal. I started a b vitamin today and am just drinking a lot of water and resting. 👍

Originally Posted by Bebrave View Post
Day 11! Is that right? Funny I thought I would be hyper focused on the exact number-- I'm losing count!

No AV today. Is anyone around my days really tired? Twice in the week 1/2 I've come straight home from work and headed to the couch. I never do that! I'm not too bad during the day, but come evening...

Out for dinner with friends tomorrow and then heading to SILs for the weekend to celebrate her birthday. She is a true wine partner! So I'm thinking and mentally preparing already.

How is everyone tonight?
Old 03-23-2017, 12:02 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Checking in on Day 3. Feeling better than I have in about a year. Got a bit of an appetite again and less and less urges. Got more done around the house today than I normally would in a week.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:10 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Finally on the mend from this sickness. Antibiotics and inhaler! I cannot wait until I am 100%. I want to be excited again about my new commitment to sobriety!
Old 03-23-2017, 12:39 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Stay close to SR, ChickChick and everyone
Old 03-23-2017, 12:44 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

starting day 5 now. i know this isn't going to be easy. watching TV last night and Mila Kunis was advertising Jim Beam. She had a sip but i wondered if she even drank it ..well not so much watching TV as staring into it like a zombie
Old 03-23-2017, 12:52 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

I'd be surprised if they used the real thing in adverts - more probably it's apple juice or some other lookalike... cold tea...
Old 03-23-2017, 12:59 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
I'd be surprised if they used the real thing in adverts - more probably it's apple juice or some other lookalike... cold tea...
You got it. 👍 They use really weak tea. I used to work for a company that setup networks for commercial shoots. Tons of odouls and cold weak tea.
Old 03-23-2017, 01:00 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

AV is in full force. Ugh.
But I will be busy from 4-8 with baseball practices. I'll get a couple mile walk in during one of the practices, so that will be good. I just have to be careful after we get home. We have beer in the house, which is something I'm just going to have to learn to live with. Hubby likes a few beers after work.
It is spring break for my kids. So AV is also whispering well you don't have to get up early in the morning.
I will stay strong and not drink today!
Old 03-23-2017, 01:17 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Caramel - yes I did think that.
I actually watched my football team play (and win) sober .. well that was different nice
I just need to stay strong this evening. Ive been this far before I know this struggle subsides doesn't it ? okay back to minute by minute
Old 03-23-2017, 01:17 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

ChickChick - can you make some plans for some little self-care treats for this evening, think of something wholesome that you will drink (a juice? mineral water? herb/floral/spice tea?), and maybe even a constructive plan for the morning so you have something positive to look forward to?
I find it helpful to have three things to look forward to or to accomplish, no matter how tiny and trivial
Old 03-23-2017, 01:31 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Day 4

Hello all, I have posted on this site a number of times but never in a class thread...although I have been reading this one since the beginning. I had nine days sober and then blew it this past Sunday evening and killed two bottles of wine....One of my triggers I realized is meal prepping..I am so used to drinking while I prep and there was an unopened bottle still in the house that I knew darn well I should have gotten rid of....Before I even had two drinks I was off to buy another bottle cuz I knew one would not be enough. Slept like crap that night. Always do when I drink...so I have got up and dusted myself off and have starting again....I have also been craving mad amounts of sugar so I keep sabatoging myself in the evenings with my diet...which makes me feel like crap as well. The weekends are the hardest to get thru and if I can get to 6:30pm on the weekdays making sure I eat early...then I am usually successful at going to bed sober. Living sober is a learning process for sure.
Thanks for listening.
Old 03-23-2017, 02:09 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Quick shoutout of thanks for everyone who posted thoughts about my dog; I really appreciate the reaching out and support. He's better today, yay!

Am hoping to soon catch up more on the thread and all the great new folks who have joined. Congratulations to everyone who posted, regardless of where you are at. Just the fact that you are here is a step in the right direction.
Old 03-23-2017, 02:12 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Hopeforme2014 - welcome
Glad you have begun afresh and well-done on day 4.
What kind of plans could you make that would help you breeze through the hours and days that challenge? Doing things at a different time, in a different place or style?
Sweet treats - I like to make a mix of fresh fruit - oranges, dates, berries as available, grapes - to have on hand. And a tiny bit of dark chocolate
Keep reading, keep asking questions as they occur to you.
Lots of support here
Old 03-23-2017, 02:31 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Good afternoon (for me). New here. I had my last drink-drink on March 4th; but, was still drinking Kombucha and using mouthwash with alcohol until this last Monday. So, I am not sure what counts?

I have almost made it through an entire work week without taking any leave, which is my first in a while.

But, my cravings are so bad; and the grief so intense, I cry often. I spent two hours sobbing at my desk this afternoon.

I have many chronic health issues, which I am not sure caused the drinking (or the drinking caused them).

Anyways. My husband still has a beer every night, and was my "drinking buddy", so I am feeling super alone right now; like no one gets it.

/Waves/
Old 03-23-2017, 03:19 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Hi to all the new folks - stay strong, if one day at a time seems like a mountain, break it into hours :o)

Wrapped up Day 10, week 2 is a bitch, so completely wiped out, most of the physical stuff, headaches, kidney and liver pains have pretty much gone and the initial buzz of "I'm going to do this" has gone too and you're into the heavy lifting bit with the tiredness and all - looking forward to this bit clearing out. Been abit snappy with folks and need to be mindful of that.

Hit the gym this evening and properly beasted myself, got through something like 800 calories in 50 mins (yes I was in fact just sitting on the rower eating donuts :o) and now feel properly mind and body tired - really really really really hoping I get a decent night flipping SLEEEEEEPP!!!

Not too busy a day tomorrow (famous last words) and looking forward to Home meet tomorrow evening.

Have a great day all - apologies for the grumbles!!
Old 03-23-2017, 03:35 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

I'm loving how active this class is!

Caramel- great idea. I'll have a nice relaxing bath with some essential oils after dinner!

Got a good couple mile walk in during this first practice. I'll walk some more during the next when it cools down a bit. I like feeling like I'm sweating some toxins out!
Old 03-23-2017, 03:48 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshinejunkie View Post
Good afternoon (for me). New here. I had my last drink-drink on March 4th; but, was still drinking Kombucha and using mouthwash with alcohol until this last Monday. So, I am not sure what counts?

I have almost made it through an entire work week without taking any leave, which is my first in a while.

But, my cravings are so bad; and the grief so intense, I cry often. I spent two hours sobbing at my desk this afternoon.

I have many chronic health issues, which I am not sure caused the drinking (or the drinking caused them).

Anyways. My husband still has a beer every night, and was my "drinking buddy", so I am feeling super alone right now; like no one gets it.

/Waves/

I hear you sunshine!!! I do get it. In many ways we are similar. My husband too was my drinking buddy and he also has alcohol in the house. I think he secretly prefers me drinking (that is when I can control it) I also have been having huge cravings that I am trying to get thru. I have chronic pain/ health issues. I have limited mobility in my knees due to severe arthritis and chronic muscle pain so part of the reason I drank was for these reasons. I cannot physically keep myself busy like some can....I still struggle with thinking there must be some way I can cut down although the past has reasssured me otherwise.

I want to drink right now. I'm home all by myself again and it would be so easy to just do it. But I don't want to start over again and let everyone including myself down. Having to start from day one again just sux but if I'm truly honest I don't know if I'm 100% ready and committed.

I have been after hubby to go on an all inclusive holiday with me for over 10 years and he has finally decided to go in May. And I don't think I can do it sober.

But there have been times when I drink that I black out and do stupid crap like drive and last time I went out partying by myself. Could have wound up in big big trouble.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:07 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Checking in, day 6 and doing well. Looking forward to another sober weekend coming up.

I put on a lot of weight while drinking as my pattern was to finish off the night with a big meal, usually take-out of some kind. Now I find myself thinking about how many pounds I could lose at if I stay sober and exercise. Like, by the end of June I could weigh xxx. In a way it's good to be enthusiastic, but I feel I should focus more on everyday as it comes and not move so far ahead in my mind.

I saved some excerpts from some other members that spoke to me, here's one...

"Here's the solution. Don't drink. Go one day at a time without drinking. That time frame of happiness without alcohol differs for most us, but generally speaking it happens around 9 to 12 months. But trust me, it will happen and you'll be free from this mental anguish you find yourself in. Alcoholism is deadly. It will fool you into the grave. Just give sobriety a chance."
Old 03-23-2017, 04:12 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Hopeforme, after not drinking until your vacation in May you won't want to throw that time away just for a trip! Maybe start making plans for activities during your trip that don't involve drinking?

I relate to both you and Sunshine with the drinking husband. My husband really can control how much he drinks. I can't at all once I start. I know he would keep the beer out of the house if I ask... I hate asking though (that might be AV talking).
Old 03-23-2017, 04:17 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I'm so glad I posted last night. I was able to decide what to do while typing. Spoke to the parents for nearly two hours! It was great.
I hear you all with the drinking husband. I've been speaking to him bit by bit about this. He still thinks sometimes is ok for me. I told him that the biggest problem was that when I start drinking I just DO NOT know how the night will end. It's possible to have a fun night, it's also possible for anger and stupid things to happen. I can't guarantee which way it will turn out. So best not to start in the first place. I read somewhere on here recently - it's not a matter of if, but a matter of when. This really struck a chord with me.
I have a surprise party tonight which I'm co-hosting. I was worried about what to do about the toast. Again, after writing on SR I realized how silly it was to worry about others. I told the other co-hosts that I'm not drinking tonight and that was it. Simple! Very simple! I'm going to be the best host ever tonight! I really want this life. I have had enough alcohol in me to satisfy many people's lives. I don't need anymore.
Good luck taking it hour by hour if necessary.
Happy sober days everyone! 😊