Notices

Class of March 2017 Support Thread Part Two

Old 03-24-2017, 08:25 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

I appreciate that OOTT! You're and inspiration man.
Old 03-24-2017, 09:12 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Administrator

76 Trombones worth of congrats JCNY
You too NapsteR Tonggau and Immri

You can do this Lava - the most basic plan is 'If I want to drink I will __________ ' instead.

D
D
Old 03-24-2017, 09:26 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. I'm on day 7 too JCNY. Feels good, but woke up super tired. I've been having really vivid dreams like movies. Not bad dreams, just wake up exhausted.
Congratulations on getting some big bills sorted out, sunshine. It's a big weight off the shoulders, isn't it?
Congratulations to Caramel and Napste on 11 days. I know counting the days is hard but you've had a lot of sober days last year Caramel. It does make a physical difference. Let's just keep that counter going up!
Lava, I agree with Immri about having some sort of plan for the weekend. The moment you find stuck for something to do, it is way to easy to decide to drink. Keep strong. It's great to wake up Monday morning knowing you've had a productive weekend with no guilty feelings.
Great to hear 5 days, Susie. Do lots of reading on here. It's very helpful.
And 5 weeks is great tonggau. Are you sleeping better now? Social occasions are so awkward. Last night i felt sorry for the drunken people. Particularly one woman who was so drunk I got her some water. Then later thought oh god, she's drinking straight whiskey. I shouldn't judge as that has been me on many occasions.
Having a pretty lazy day today. Just pottering around the house and trying to clear some of the snow. Hurry up, Spring!
Have a great day everyone 😊
Old 03-24-2017, 09:31 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to you too Sandy

D
Old 03-25-2017, 01:21 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Good to see you back Mish - I really hope you can maKe this time be your time

I hope everyone has a good sober weekend

D
Me too D. I have a solid plan in place and will try my very hardest. I'm halfway through Day 6 which is soooo much better than my recent attempts. Last time I had a really great run of sobriety I was in last year's March Class. Just think...I could be a year sober now if only I have had a stronger plan. Well I do this time round so I'm going to try harder than I have ever done to follow it.
I had a big bowl of butterscotch icecream today. Sooo yummy...I forgot how great food tastes when you're not hammered.

I have a riddle for everyone: You have two dogs. How can you give one away yet keep both?
Old 03-25-2017, 04:21 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone, day 14 for me!

Doing my final packing to visit my SIL this weekend. I'm really excited, but as I said yesterday she is a big wine buddy. She and BIL like to do the 5:00 cocktail and then wine with dinner. This was always a treat for me as he makes a good martini. But of course by 7:00 I'd be a wasted mess. Do I learn? Nope, wash, rinse, repeat. But I'm NOT drinking this weekend. I am accountable to me and YOU! I'll check in later. Have a great sober day everyone.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:48 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

SandyO - thank you for your advice - I will be reading on here everyday. I have been feeling a bit depressed this week - just hope it passes soon.
Mish - I'm half way through day 6 as well. I know I won't drink today as I'm working nights tonight - Monday day 8 will be the test for me - my first day off. Hope you get through this evening. Think of how fresh you'll be on a Sunday when a lot of people will be suffering with hangovers x
Old 03-25-2017, 05:09 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Keep posting sg
Old 03-25-2017, 07:39 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

New here

Well, not entirely. I think I posted once in 2013. I'm back and on day 6. Glad to be back, but my thoughts are still jumbled. I'll post more soon. But I'm so happy to join the class of March 2017!
Old 03-25-2017, 08:28 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

I have the house to myself, I'm cleaning and blasting The Rolling Stones. I've been meaning to re-caulk the bathtub for quite a while and got that done. Day 8 and feeling very motivated right now on.

We're all in this together, let's stay strong and unite in our mutual cause not to drink!
Old 03-25-2017, 08:40 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Well, I'm back. I made it 10 months then the autumn was too much for me. After a St. Patty's day where I drank too much then missed a baptism for a family member the next day, I felt like I was hitting a familiar low. I'm a little ashamed and wish I could say I was sober while absent, but that's not how it worked out. I was debating whether I should return to the boards, but I decided to out of honesty to myself and to others. I promised I'd only drink on Saturdays, then it turned to Fridays and Saturdays, then Sundays were added... a familiar story.

I thought I'd pop on in, say hello, I'm Mike, I'm back, and living life sober is a lot better than living it drunk. I hope all are well and on the road to recovery. Day 7 for me.

R&H
Old 03-25-2017, 08:44 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

GOOD FOR YOU RAH (Good album btw)
Old 03-25-2017, 08:56 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Just a quick check in. Hello everyone! Going to the movies today with my son and husband. Going to see Life. Still getting over this ick sick. my God why won't it go away already!! Can't wait until I'm back on track with exercise and life!
Old 03-25-2017, 09:29 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

New here

I have come here as I need to stop this life of alcohol. I cannot drink normally and I am so tired of waking up feeling like the worst person in the world. It's killing me mentally and physically. So this is Day 1 for me.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:36 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Day 24 for me! I guess I should have known that things were going too easily and should have expected a few rough days but I was doing so well and really not even craving... Until today.. My husband has been super supportive but my Father's Birthday is today and him and my mother are coming over. My husband and father are great friends and also big drinking buddies. My Dad ALWAYS brings something to drink and my husband never turns him down which makes it even harder for me to say no. It's been easy so far to decline but it's a cold yucky day here and we will be celebrating and... I don't know, I guess I just feel like I'm going to be left out. Im upset and feeling sorry for myself and to be honest, pissed off that I can't just have a few like everyone else. My thoughts all day have been consumed with whether I should or not. I keep telling myself that it will be just one day, then I remember how far I've come and I don't want to ruin that. Anyways, The only thing I could think of doing to help this anxiety and foul mood was to post here. It feels great to just get it off my chest but any words of encouragement would probably help too. :-). I hope everybody is doing great and staying strong!
Old 03-25-2017, 10:45 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mandosca View Post
Day 24 for me! I guess I should have known that things were going too easily and should have expected a few rough days but I was doing so well and really not even craving... Until today.. My husband has been super supportive but my Father's Birthday is today and him and my mother are coming over. My husband and father are great friends and also big drinking buddies. My Dad ALWAYS brings something to drink and my husband never turns him down which makes it even harder for me to say no. It's been easy so far to decline but it's a cold yucky day here and we will be celebrating and... I don't know, I guess I just feel like I'm going to be left out. Im upset and feeling sorry for myself and to be honest, pissed off that I can't just have a few like everyone else. My thoughts all day have been consumed with whether I should or not. I keep telling myself that it will be just one day, then I remember how far I've come and I don't want to ruin that. Anyways, The only thing I could think of doing to help this anxiety and foul mood was to post here. It feels great to just get it off my chest but any words of encouragement would probably help too. :-). I hope everybody is doing great and staying strong!
All I can say is I am new here and on Day 1 and I drank last night and I feel awful. Mentally and physically. I feel ashamed and am in the self loathing stage for having drank. I don't know your background with alcohol but if I can stop someone else feeling like I do today I will post. I feel crap and I wish I had of opted out of drinking last night. I wouldn't have missed out on anything except the awful way I feel today. 24 days is amazing, if I had that many days I think I would really want to hold on to them. Good luck
Old 03-25-2017, 11:13 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Re-Member

...sigh...back to day 1. I didn't do any of the things I tell others here to do when they're thinking of drinking. For anyone contemplating taking that first drink--don't do it. I promise you'll just wake up full of regret.

Going to take a nap now and then I'll catch up on everyone's posts.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:43 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Amanda05 View Post
All I can say is I am new here and on Day 1 and I drank last night and I feel awful. Mentally and physically. I feel ashamed and am in the self loathing stage for having drank. I don't know your background with alcohol but if I can stop someone else feeling like I do today I will post. I feel crap and I wish I had of opted out of drinking last night. I wouldn't have missed out on anything except the awful way I feel today. 24 days is amazing, if I had that many days I think I would really want to hold on to them. Good luck
Thank you so much for replying and I am so sorry you're feeling so awful today. You are absolutely right, I can not waste all the hard work I have put in so far. I know you are feeling bad today but each day will get better and better!
Old 03-25-2017, 11:51 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Mandosca don't do it. You have come so far !!! You will enjoy the evening so much more being sober and when you wake up in the morning just think how great you will feel getting through the night without alcohol and how fresh you will be. Be strong 💕
Old 03-25-2017, 12:17 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

A warm welcome, eyes99, RattleAndHum, Amanda05 - and to anyone else I may have missed and anyone lurking.
There is a rich goldmine here of support, information, experience and wisdom - and kindness
Stay close, everybody, read and post often