Notices

Class of March 2017 Support Thread Part Two

Old 03-23-2017, 04:48 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! Wrapping up day 12. My husband and I had an early dinner with another couple. I usually have 2 glasses of wine at this restaurant but stuck to water.

Very good tired as usual, so I'll probably go to bed soon-- I'm so exciting! I'll have more to say in the morning. Have a good night everyone.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:11 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

So on point

Originally Posted by NapsteR1 View Post
Hi All, just wrapping up Day 7 (the day is officially a wrap when the booze shop shuts which is 10pm in UK, pubs will serve till 10:45 but I've always discounted this option as a) they're expensive and b) there's no way I'd be able to consume enough to pass out in 45 mins) - a week is the longest I've managed to string together for well over 2 years, starting to feel the fog lift off my brain, smashed out 3 fairly complicated bits of work that a couple of weeks ago would have either taken me all day each, or I would have slid to the bottom of the pile and put off till tomorrow (then the anxiety of the growing pile of uncompleted work would then pile on more and more anxiety leading to more consumption to drown out the panic (and also driven down my ability to complete said work... probably sounds familiar right?).

Got to the gym a little later than planned as climbed into bed after work and just zonked out for a half hour.

I first got pass out drunk at 7 yrs after wine sweeping the tables at my Uncles wedding, again at 11 after stealing whisky out of my Dad's "secret" cupboard. Properly started at 14 and then really started going for it at 16, about four and a half years ago (35 yrs) weighing 14.5 stone (5' 8") it started to properly dawn on me I had a problem, when I tried stopping and realised I couldn't I started trying to fix it myself, 4 years later last weekend I realised that I was actually (finally) at Step 1. It's my intention never to look back.
This here. Exactly my problem. I'm on day 4 now. It's just beginning but I feel good. Handling my backlog of tasks one at a time and trying not to feel panicked over the unfinished.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:14 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Welcome, Lava256
Plenty of reading and support on SR
Old 03-23-2017, 10:23 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

New here

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
Welcome, Lava256
Plenty of reading and support on SR
Thanks. I'm new here. Just going on 4 days sober. The mornings are the best when I wake up and phew! I didn't drink last night! I do find SR a little hard to navigate but I'll get the hang of it. Glad to be here.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:23 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Me - check
Thumb #1 - check
Thumb #2 - check

Who's still sober and has two thumbs?
Old 03-23-2017, 10:26 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Me
Old 03-24-2017, 12:31 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JCNY View Post
Wonderful Onlylovetoday, good things will happen for all of us if we stay sober.

Shout out to Outonthetiles! He was the impetus for me to revisit this forum and get me committed. Congrats on your 400+ days!
Don't mention it. We're all in this together!
Big congrats on Day 6.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:33 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Starting day 14. Assuming I make it through today, that'll be two weeks without a drink. Sometimes it seems like one day, sometimes it seems like ten years.

Heading to an early morning work meeting, then my actual normal work, then the cable company, then back home, then to an AA meeting. Full, busy day should keep me away from the poison aisle.

Welcome to all the newcomers and wishing everyone a safe and sober day!
Congrats on two weeks, Casey. You're doing great.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:39 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

argillaceous, I'm sorry for your dogster. My beloved cat, Charlie Watts, had several seizures recently and had difficulty walking. His vet has prescribed a steroid that has helped tremendously. He's able to walk and does not have seizures now. Hopefully your vet can diagnose you dogster's issue and get him on the good foot again.
Old 03-24-2017, 02:46 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Sunshinejunkie and hopeforme

For me ingestion of alcohol is all about intent...I don't drink kombulcha but I've used alcohol based mouthwash a few times without really thinking about it.

I never drank it, never thought about drinking it, never obsessed about the bottle being there...so I didn't change my date.

I did find I used it more compared to when I had a non alcoholic brand tho - I don't think thats coincidence, so I buy the non alc wherever possible.

D
Old 03-24-2017, 03:07 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Thanks outonthetiles, I'll mention that when I call the vet tomorrow to check in. Our fur creatures give us so much...I'd be grateful if I could return half of my guy's unconditional love. He gives me hope.
Old 03-24-2017, 03:29 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

I'm at the party. I got through the toast no problem at all. I just wish people would stop asking me to just try the wine. I've been so defiant about not drinking even pinching my husband to shut up. I wish he would just understand. I would be already be drunk now a month ago.
On the plus the food is soooo good.
Keep strong everyone, I am!!
Old 03-24-2017, 03:40 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
I'm at the party. I got through the toast no problem at all. I just wish people would stop asking me to just try the wine. I've been so defiant about not drinking even pinching my husband to shut up. I wish he would just understand. I would be already be drunk now a month ago.
On the plus the food is soooo good.
Keep strong everyone, I am!!

Eat loads to fill you up - and as Dee said "No" is a complete sentence, although being British I've changed this to "no thank you"
Old 03-24-2017, 03:53 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I would like to sign up for class!

I've opened a thread of my own just now, but I would like some accountabillibuddies as well. I'm on day 6. This morning I have already walked my dogs, fed the bunnies and doves, cleaned up the laundryroom and some kitchen cabinets, washed myself, ate a cheese and cucumber sandwich, which is more than I got done most days lately... Getting ready to go care for my pony and her equine friends. Hope you all have as sunny a day as I'm having here.

argillaceous, wishing your dog the very best! My eldest is 14 as well, he used to have seizures too, I know how frightening they are for you and exhausting for your dog. I'm sure he's thrilled you're there for him fully!

SandyO, I think you're very brave and strong being at a party already, as NapsteR said, enjoy lots of food and keep going!
Old 03-24-2017, 04:11 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Evienne

D
Old 03-24-2017, 04:48 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Napster-- I continue to relate to your work experiences "anxiety over the growing piles" "more and more" "less ability to do work". I'm enjoying the clarity of thought and productivity that sobriety Is bringing. On the other hand I slept from 9-6:30 last night!

Welcome Lava and Evienne!

SandyO-- you're doing great! I haven't had many wine pushers yet. Last night at dinner out with another couple, the wife who is a good friend of mine and enjoys wine with me was drinking water! She's trying to lose a few pounds. I just said I was taking a break for awhile-- no problem!

Congrats on Day 14 Casey!

Lucky 13 for me today. Tomorrow we leave for SIL's house for the weekend. Definitely a big challenge. But I will definitely not drink! I will check in with you guys while I'm there.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:21 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Sorry I have been absent class. Went Overseas on a holiday. Was amazing but sadly I drank while away. Luckily I'm back in action and Day 5 is done and dusted for this little Aussie.
CaseyW, Immri, Dee, Bobbieka, Caramel...And any other old friends posting in this class, Oh how I've missed you. March is a good month. I'm thrilled to bits everyone who has joined is part of what is going to be an amazing class. What a wonderful job everyone is doing..Day 1 or 100 we are in this together. Love you guys xxxxxxxx
Old 03-24-2017, 07:38 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Busy day today, but need to check in here Day 13! two weeks tomorrow!
Weekend coming up, and the kids are at their mother this weekend. Gonna need all the will power I got to get trough.. But, lots of plans made so its going to be okey! Wish you all a good friday!
Old 03-24-2017, 08:00 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Mish - Makes my heart happy seeing you here.

Casey - Great job getting to day 15!! Not prime though.

Bebrave - Tronics - Lucky 13!

Evienne - Welcome!

Have a great day March people!
Old 03-24-2017, 08:05 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Napster - "no, thank you" You Brits are going to polite us to death. Love it.

Lava - navigating gets easier. Welcome to SR.

SandyO - great job getting through the party! The first ones are tough. You are getting strong. Very proud of you.

argillaceous - Prayers for your pup.