Notices

Class of March 2017 Support Thread Part Two

Old 03-20-2017, 04:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Dee, hi Casey, thanks for the shoutout.
Things are going great. My wife and I are going to Disneyland in about ten days. Just us and a million other spring break families!!
Old 03-20-2017, 04:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It's a quick check in everyone. I'm still pretty darn sick and it sucks. I have every over-the-counter remedy you could possibly imagine but it's not budging. So I'm discouraged that my weekend was completely ruined except for Friday night when I got to dress up goth. I missed my workout this morning I missed my smart meeting which is starting right now and I'm just good for nothing. I hope and pray this passes soon.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:36 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

CSNY, 100 day goal is very doable.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:36 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Just checking in..

Welcome to everyone new...

Have a great evening xo
Old 03-20-2017, 04:57 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
CSNY, 100 day goal is very doable.
Thanks! It's JCNY, but I do love Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
Old 03-20-2017, 05:47 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JCNY View Post
Thanks! It's JCNY, but I do love Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
Hahaha, that was a weird typo!!!
Old 03-20-2017, 06:18 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

JCNY - welcome to you.
SandyO - glad you're here Let's do this.
NapsteR1 - I'm happy to join you at this, the end of Week 1.
Welcome to anybody else I've missed and anyone lurking
Thanks always to Dee

Today has been more cheerful for me and I accomplished some of those small To-Do's on the list.
Now to snuggle in and watch the rain
Old 03-20-2017, 06:38 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Guess who has two thumbs and is sober today?
Old 03-20-2017, 07:18 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

ThatWasTheOldMe - glad you're here
Old 03-20-2017, 07:24 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go TWTOM

D
Old 03-20-2017, 07:44 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Meeting was good even if it's not my favorite format--a small group meeting--meaning that everyone starts out in the big room and then after the preliminaries we count off and break into groups of four or five people to discuss more intimately for the remainder of the meeting. Just not my cup of tea. I'd rather hear from everyone. But I still did hear some good things and I got out of my own head for an hour or so.

This is far from my first class too, SandyO. Glad you joined us!

Double digits in a few hours, Bebrave! Sounds like a lot of good reasons to continue staying sober. Thanks for sharing.

I have never been to Disneyland/world, Outonthetiles. In fact, I've never been to California or Florida at all. I don't imagine Six Flags Over Texas is close to the same thing.

It will pass, sunshine72. Keep taking the medicines and don't worry about the things you couldn't do. The next workout and SMART meeting will be waiting for you when you do feel better. You're in my thoughts.

Thanks for the check-in, lovehoops.

Good job on the to-do's, Caramel. I love falling asleep to the sound of rain.

Glad you and your sober two thumbs joined us, ThatWasTheOldMe! I'm guessing the answer to your question is you, but I am also happy to announce it applies to me and many others here as well.

Going to try and go to bed at a reasonable hour since I have to get used to going to work much earlier. Thanks to each and every one of you for keeping me sober one more day. Talk to you in the morning!

immri, you're in charge again.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:12 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Casey I can't tell you how happy I am to see you here! (Though not that you drank obviously) I missed you, you were a big part of getting me through those first few months in last years class. Glad you're here.

Day 4 for me, I'm surprised how bad my withdrawals were this time given I only drank a week, but I suppose it was an extreme amount with hardly any food. I've been getting better each day until this morning when I felt awful, I nearly rushed off back to the doc but my friend who is an ER resident came around and suggested a few small things to eat and drink and a vitamin I probably needed plus kept me company. It's afternoon now and I'm feeling much better thank god. Really shows me I can't put my body through this again though. Back soon to catch up.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:06 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Just stopping in for a quick hello. Day 6 done, whew. When I first quit Feb. 24 (for 13 days) the time seemed to go more quickly. These six days have been like slogging through molasses. Looking forward to that time when it's more like swimming through watered-down syrup (uhhh, OK, perhaps that's not the best analogy...).

Will try to post more in the next couple of days, including a little bit about myself. Thanks everyone for sharing, and welcome to all the new people who have signed up since I last logged in.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:01 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Morning everyone,

Up earlier than usual but got some things done before off to work.
I'm still feeling emotionally trashed and just blah. I am hoping things get better as I build up more days.
For now, just trying to concentrate on getting thru today.

Welcome to our new classmates and those returning...wishing you a sober Tuesday xo
Old 03-21-2017, 06:53 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 12. In a row!

Starting my new work schedule today. I slept amazingly well last night though I had very vivid dreams. Non-drinking ones at least. Got my coffee sitting next to me and some breakfast cooking while I start typing this. Going to an AA meeting this evening after having dinner with my dad's family. Well, they're my family too but my dad is the only blood relation there.

We know what we need to do to stay sober, immri, because we've done it before. Glad your friend was able to help you.

Glad you checked in, argillaceous. When life gives you molasses, make waffles.

You certainly were up early, lovehoops. Here I am whining about having to wake up at 8 am. Geez. Have a great day!

How's everyone else doing today? If you haven't checked in yet, hope you'll do so soon. You're not in this alone. None of us are.

I'm not going to take that first drink today no matter what.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:59 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi All. Checking in.
Hello to all of the new Marchers! Welcome, and stay close to SR as it really helps. It also helps all of us to read about your journey through this time in your life. We all have two very important things in common; we have a problem with alcohol and we all want to live happier and healthier lives.

Stopping alcohol has been a long process for me, but I really feel that I have gotten to the point in my life that the benefits of being sober far, far, outweigh any thoughts of drinking. It is just not worth it! I can't believe that I spent so much of my free time in a fog, with the one thought of how much I could drink at that moment in time.

There have been some low times, but they pass. I feel like everyday I am getting stronger and my resolve to abolish alcohol from my life is going to happen.

My biggest regret is that I drank almost daily for many years, including when my children were young. They are adults now and both have drinking issues. I know that I can't change the past but I will try my best to have the years I have remaining to be alcohol-free.
What I would do to be able to change all the years I spent drinking!

Hope we can all move forward to a better place and learn to be content with ourselves, alcohol free!
Old 03-21-2017, 07:11 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Day 10!

silverskies and rmeatgt350 hope you are still here celebrating your 10/9 day strikes!

Bebrave Nicely done!!
Old 03-21-2017, 07:22 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Sounding good, peacefulintent. Keep doing the next right thing!

Woo hoo! Double digits, Tronics!
Old 03-21-2017, 08:03 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Worst part of early recovery is rolling over landmines your drunken self planted for you. Got up feeling very positive, 2 hours into the day I've had a call with the ex where she informed me the kids don't want to stay with me this weekend (what did I expect though really). A meeting with the Boss about a project that's in danger of going off a cliff due in no small part to a "flip it, that'll do" approach to due diligence on my part 3 months ago, and 2 customer complaints which again have their roots in my previous attitude.... AV is helpfully pointing out there is a door I can walk out off and many many shops on the way home and it's a nice sunny afternoon, I could sod off early on a pretext and in a couple of hours I'd not really give a s**t.

However that's not going to happen, got a new meeting to go to tonight, bit too close to my work for my liking and worried about bumping into someone from here but staying at home alone isn't an option this evening. Slight upside of not having the kids is that I can go back to the Friday meeting I went to last week - I said I would be coming back before I thought about childcare arrangements.

"All" I've got to go is stay off the booze full stop and there will be no more landmines.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:40 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Still her, day 9. I'm not going anywhere, although I have to admit I feel worse today than on day 1. Part of me is frustrated and part of me remembers how many times I've read "You spent x years poisoning yourself it won't fix itself overnight". Super tired this morning for the first time, upset stomach today, back pain... Drinking lots of water. Dr appointment is Thursday so I'll either feel or lot better or my inner hypochondriac will go on a rampage. 😂

Glad to keep seeing similar names. Napster, those are the days that are tough but it sounds like you have a plan.

Originally Posted by Tronics View Post
Day 10!

silverskies and rmeatgt350 hope you are still here celebrating your 10/9 day strikes!

Bebrave Nicely done!!