Notices

Class of March 2017 Support Thread Part Two

Old 03-21-2017, 09:08 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Boss through an unexpected COB job at me today (finish by the close of business) in addition to the tons of other work on my plate. Had a quick thought that stopping at the liquor store later would help me cope. Instead I will persevere and bust my butt.

Day 4 here, stay strong everybody!
Old 03-21-2017, 10:37 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Good for you, JCNY
Old 03-21-2017, 10:37 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

So the rehabilitation center just called to postpone my appointment to next Tuesday. Also told me my insurance probably doesn't cover it.

Now I'm stuck between paying for it myself or switching centers or just doing this on my own with support from you guys and a resonant psychiatrist.

I also feel like absolute crap. I just want to sleep. I got up early, feeling great, made breakfast, worked out. And now this.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:51 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I hope everyone is having a good day, or at least dealing more or less easily with the annoyances and setbacks that inevitably happen.
Remain calm
Take care, check in here often.
xx
Old 03-21-2017, 03:05 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Day 8 wrapped up. Finished much better than it began, put my Big Boy Pants on and went to a new meeting - very friendly lot and a different vibe to the Friday one, still good but a larger group, more lively, but somehow a little less personal - very moving main sharer, group was more ex-out causing mayhem drinkers rather than the ex-lock the doors and windows and destroy yourself drinker like myself. Looking forward to what I think of as my home group on Friday. New meet does the chip thing so got a well worn 24hrs to 1 month chip in my wallet, only flipping way I'm letting this bad boy out of my possession is to exchange it for the next one :o)

Keep at it peeps, onwards to serenity and gratitude :o)
Old 03-21-2017, 03:12 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for the hitch in your plans mainecoonmama but I believe you can get this done, one way or another

D
Old 03-21-2017, 04:52 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Day 10 almost done! It's been YEARS since IV England gone 10 days.

I hear you JCNY on the work stress. I've held my current position for two years and was brought in two build a certain part of the company. Two years later the resources and skilled employees needed are still not fully in place. That's the gist of it, but it's so frustrating and frequent ammunition for my AV. It's been especially bad the last few days.

BUT! Came home, DH and I had leftovers then headed out for a ice cream! So I'm past the witching hour and settled in with my IPad watching TV.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:54 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

MCM, don't let this derail you! It is a glitch for sure, but for right now focus what you can do on your end. I hope you can get the resources you need. Just stick with us here.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:56 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Woot Tronics! Day 10!
Old 03-21-2017, 05:10 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. Day 4 today. The AV popped up last night with the trigger being my husband called and was going to be home late. So why not a few quiet drinks to relax in front of the TV. I played the tape through about the possibilities of how the night would end. The truth is being in a zombie state is not relaxing. I do want a better life and it's not me that what's a drink (it is seeping through, Dee!). However, I DID have a relaxing night in front of the TV - sober. I actually went to bed quite late because I was interested in the story and wanted to watch more!

A little tip for those having trouble sleeping which I've used many nights in the past year. Listen to "classical music for sleeping". You can find loads on YouTube. I was never into classical music but it puts nicer images in your head than those horrible thoughts of self-loathing and hopelessness.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:52 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

That's fantastic, JCNY. You faced the Lure of the Liquor Store head on.
Believe me, it gets easier and easier after the first week or two and you'll wonder why you wasted so much time and money on booze. And you'll physically feel better too. And think more clearly. Gar-ran-teed!
Old 03-21-2017, 05:56 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Still sick as sick can be from what feels like the flu. Miserable but sober state of mind!
Old 03-21-2017, 05:58 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Great stuff here, March Maniacs. If I can do you, you can too. I was headed for the gutter or the morgue (or both) 14 short months ago.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:50 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Yikes, lots of typos from me up there!
Old 03-21-2017, 06:52 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Sandy, I've been trying different sleep music, meditations etc for sleeping. They really help turn off the brain.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:06 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

mainecoonmama thats so frustrating sorry about that. I wasn't able to get into a rehab the last time I tried either, but there are other ways.

NapsteR1 I need to get back to a meeting too, thanks for the reminder. Congrats on 8 days

Bebrave congrats on day 10, ice cream is always a good idea if you ask me.

Good job SandyO, i'm sure you had a better time than you would have with a few drinks anyway. I I've had some trouble sleeping too so i'll give that a try.

Hope you feel better soon Sunshine

Day 5, feeling much better physically compared to yesterday but exhausted and feeling guilty. I had a very anxious night but at least I slept. Very keen to feel back to normal physically at least so I can get some things done.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:39 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

sunshine72 hope you are well again soon; take care.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:23 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rmeatgt350 View Post
Still her, day 9. I'm not going anywhere, although I have to admit I feel worse today than on day 1. Part of me is frustrated and part of me remembers how many times I've read "You spent x years poisoning yourself it won't fix itself overnight". Super tired this morning for the first time, upset stomach today, back pain... Drinking lots of water. Dr appointment is Thursday so I'll either feel or lot better or my inner hypochondriac will go on a rampage. 😂.
Thats Great! Dobble digits for you today then! Yes, some days are a lot better then others. I have noticed quite the mood swings these last days. Can suddently feel like crap for no good reason. But I try to just snap out of it and trick my brain into feeling better then I feel. - don`t know a better way to explain it in english :P It works most of the time

Good luck on your dr. appointment! I am going in for new blood testing on monday.. I hope so much my elevated liver values are back to normal.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:25 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome SummerBee and Tattootracie

D
Thank you day 3 today. Feeling a bit rough ;( x
Old 03-22-2017, 02:31 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Morning...
Glad to see everyone posting. Still feel blah but I know that comes with the territory.

Mainecoonmama.....sorry about the roadblock but glad your still here and trying to figure out plan b
JCNY..great job not stopping at liquor store...stay strong
Sunshine..hope you get better soon

Have a great Wednesday everyone