D
Old 03-20-2017, 05:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome SummerBee and Tattootracie

D
Old 03-20-2017, 07:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 2 for me is already over 1/4 of the way done. For some reason I like to think of the day in quarters. I have a drug test today (for work, not related to my sobriety) and then tomorrow is my evaluation for rehab.
Right now, I'm worried about money. I quit my job a week ago so I could be sober for my new job which starts April 10th, but that's almost a month of no income for me. Luckily, I have enough money to hopefully keep me okay until then and my boyfriend just started a new job that pays really well too, so if I need help, I've loaned him money in the past, so I'm sure he will have no problem returning the favor.
I sleep about 14-18 hours a day and have no energy or appetite. But I'm sticking with this.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello Mainecoonmama, Welcome, and good luck!
Old 03-20-2017, 08:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Thanks for all your replies, really appreciate all the support.
Day 2 for me, I actually done some thing constructive today, I went to the gym!!! And for as much as I hated the thought of going I'm so pleased I did! It felt great!!! a little awkward in the beginning, but I stayed and worked out for 1.5hrs!😁 I used the steam room afterwards, try and make a start on getting rid of the bad toxins. I also had a himalayan salt bath when I got home, very relaxing! Stocked up on bottled water and loads of fresh veg and meat, I hit rock bottom at the weekend... I'm moving on from this,can't let it hold me back.
I felt amazing in the 3mths I gave up alcohol, really energetic, like I could take on the world!!! I want to be that women again!!! Only this time i want it for keeps, not just for 3mths.
Hope everyone is feeling strong and focused. Big hugs to yous all! 😁 x
Old 03-20-2017, 09:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 11. Prime number!

Doing laundry and feeding my folks' dogs right now. Work at 3:30 though I'm still trying to get out of that. No takers so far but I have faith someone will come through. Assuming I don't work, I'll make it to an AA meeting this evening.

At least here in the very early going, Caramel, I have most definitely been substituting a video game addiction for my drinking one.

You've made the first step toward breaking that vicious cycle by getting back in here, Legolady. Stick close, post often, you're not in this alone. And I love Lego by the way. Wish they weren't so dang expensive. And that I had a kid, so I'd have another excuse to buy them. Good job getting to the gym today. And what's a Himalayan salt bath?

Good morning/afternoon/early evening, NapsteR1. I love the international flavor of SR.

immri! So happy to see you though sorry to hear you drank. The class of March was good to us last year, let's see if we can make it so again. Hang in there, my friend.

I agree with Dee and argillaceous. We learn something every single time we decide to stop drinking. Take what you learnt before, figure out something you can add this time and keep moving forward. Fall down 1,000 times, get up 1,001.

Tattootracie, welcome to the March 17 class! Congrats on choosing a better way of life.

Summerbee, glad you joined us!

Bebrave, I'm 42. Male. Live in Texas. I'm in the restaurant business. Didn't start drinking until I was 24 years old, as my family is full of alcoholics, both recovering and still active, and I didn't want to follow that path. But once I started drinking, all bets were off. I'd say I was drinking alcoholically within six months if not sooner. Known I needed to quit since 2002. Was sober for more than half of last year thanks in large part to SR and the class of March 2016. But I stopped coming here and doing the things that were keeping me sober and, sure enough, I was soon drinking again. While I didn't have any super low lows during this last period of drinking, I know it was only a matter of time. I was already starting to make stupid decisions like drinking before going into work, etc., so on March 10, 2017, I decided it was time to get back in here and start a new way of life. Again.

Thanks for the new digs, Dee74.

Sounds like you've got a good chance to start many aspects of your life fresh, Mainecoonmama--rehab, new job, joining here. Glad you're with us and I look forward to getting to know you better in recovery. And sometimes I also think of the day in quarters. Or even hours or minutes on a few really hard occasions.

How are you doing today, IN2Q?

If you haven't checked in yet today, hope you'll do so soon. We're stronger together.

I'm not gonna drink today. How about you?
Old 03-20-2017, 09:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Number Eleven possesses the qualities of intuition, patience, honesty, sensitivity, and spirituality, and is idealistic.

Looks like you're in for a spiritual day, Casey! Have a great one!
Old 03-20-2017, 10:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Darn, and here I thought eleven meant it was going to be a good hair day.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome, immri, Tattootracie and SummerBee
Glad you're here.
Forward we go!
Old 03-20-2017, 12:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Marchers, just stopping by to say hi. Glad to see everyone here!
Old 03-20-2017, 12:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

CaseyW - hope you can click on this link ok, will give you all the info on Himalayan salts and the benefits, it's great stuff! You need to soak for at least 20mins to get the full benefits and remember to drink plenty of water afterwards. Theres all different types of salt baths but this is my favourite one! 😁 you can buy it on ebay really cheap!
Lego is huge in our household! I have two boys! Treat yourself and get some lego!!! The batman lego range is fab! Lol! But Yeh you are right it does come with a hefty price tag! But worth it!x
Old 03-20-2017, 12:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

http://www.naturallivingideas.com/himalayan-pink-salt-benefits/
Old 03-20-2017, 12:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Legolady - I was speaking with someone recently who was very impressed with Himalayan salt - I'll get some next time I buy salt, I think.
I have two beautiful salt lamps at home, I love their amber-pink glow.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:16 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Caramel - Ooooh your lamps sound beautiful! I'm going to have a look online at them now.😊 I love all things relaxing! Generally I'm quite a chilled person really, hoping my boys book me a nice mothers days massage! 💆 I can live in hope! Ha!x
Old 03-20-2017, 03:19 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi All, just wrapping up Day 7 (the day is officially a wrap when the booze shop shuts which is 10pm in UK, pubs will serve till 10:45 but I've always discounted this option as a) they're expensive and b) there's no way I'd be able to consume enough to pass out in 45 mins) - a week is the longest I've managed to string together for well over 2 years, starting to feel the fog lift off my brain, smashed out 3 fairly complicated bits of work that a couple of weeks ago would have either taken me all day each, or I would have slid to the bottom of the pile and put off till tomorrow (then the anxiety of the growing pile of uncompleted work would then pile on more and more anxiety leading to more consumption to drown out the panic (and also driven down my ability to complete said work... probably sounds familiar right?).

Got to the gym a little later than planned as climbed into bed after work and just zonked out for a half hour.

I first got pass out drunk at 7 yrs after wine sweeping the tables at my Uncles wedding, again at 11 after stealing whisky out of my Dad's "secret" cupboard. Properly started at 14 and then really started going for it at 16, about four and a half years ago (35 yrs) weighing 14.5 stone (5' 8") it started to properly dawn on me I had a problem, when I tried stopping and realised I couldn't I started trying to fix it myself, 4 years later last weekend I realised that I was actually (finally) at Step 1. It's my intention never to look back.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:31 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey Bebrave and everybody. I'm 51, married with a daughter. I work in insurance and managing people can be stressful. I was doing pretty good and living a lot healthier this time last year when I dislocated and tore my shoulder skiing. A few hours later the wine was flowing and the pain was eased temporarily. I'm sure you know the story after that.

After reading a lot on here I think I'm holding myself back by not committing to never drink again. I'm close, but I kind of feel like achieving 100 days and then see. Not planning to drink after that, but I think I would look at the changes and say this is awesome, why ever go back!

I never really had a moment where I said I've hit bottom and need to quit, I just know I'm a better person, husband and father without alcohol. Drinking is holding me back from a more fulfilling and happier life. So I'm here, day three and feeling chipper
Old 03-20-2017, 03:59 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Had to go into work for a couple of hours but I am now free. Going to an AA meeting in a couple of hours, about to cook some pizza beforehand. Tomorrow I start working day shifts. I'm excited for the chance to live more normal hours.

Nice to see you, Outonthetiles. Hope you are doing well.

Those salts do sound intriguing, Legolady. I may have to give them a try. And even without kids, I do treat myself to Lego sometimes. Just not as often as I would if I had some kids as an excuse. I used to really like the Star Wars ones but lately I've been getting more into just the more regular city-type sets--houses and businesses and stuff. It's very soothing to follow the instructions while I'm half-paying attention to a movie or something.

Huge congrats on wrapping up week one, NapsteR1! And thanks for sharing your story with us.

100 days is a good goal to set, JCNY. Worry about day 101 when it gets here.

How's everyone else doing?
Old 03-20-2017, 04:04 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. I've popped into so many classes since I joined about 2 years ago. Let this be my last introduction. I've had about 5 months of sobriety during this time, the longest being 2 months. Over the past month or so I've had about 25 sober days but not all consecutively. I get serious about it, then I don't. I'm trying but not hard enough. I'm still waiting for that light bulb to switch on and I can say I really get it now. Truth is that will never happen and action and commitment is the only way forward. Unfortunately these are never constant and I reach for a drink before I ever really think it through.
It's day 3. I've been doing a lot of reading. I need to make sure I have yummy non-alcoholic drinks ready. That's one point to avoid me thinking about what I can drink.
Looking forward to getting you know you all and going through this process together.
I do really want this life.
Happy sober days everyone 😊
Old 03-20-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Sandy
Hi OOTT

D
Old 03-20-2017, 04:12 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Day 9 coming to and end. Nice to "meet" a few new folks. Like you JCNY I have to admit my brain is still not wrapped around never drinking again. What I DO know is I have an unhealthy relationship with alcohol and it's also affecting my health. And I also know I can't just have one drink. AND I have terrible anxiety after I drink my bottle of wine. AND I get nothing done at work some days. Seem like a no brainer right?

I've been going to therapy and having candid talks with my husband who is very supportive. Day 9 is coming to an end and I'm grateful for another sober day as I figure this all out.