Class of March 2017 Support Thread Part Two

Old 03-22-2017, 02:32 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Oh,...and I should definitely I try the sleep music. My sleep is terrible
Old 03-22-2017, 06:49 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 13. That's one more than 12.

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday. Went straight from work to my parents for dinner and then to an AA meeting and when I got home after nine, home internet was down. In fact, it's still down as I'm typing this so I'm using my phone, so no long message from me today as my thumbs don't work that well.

Will check in after work, hopefully with working home internet. Wishing everyone a safe and sober Wednesday!
Old 03-22-2017, 09:21 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I've had a headache all day, but at least it wasn't from a hangover. Happy hump day and keep rockin on sober everybody!
Old 03-22-2017, 11:27 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Day 8 😊 I am feeling great 👍🏻 I have slowly been making some lifestyle changes, becoming healthier, taking care of my own wellbeing. I'm proud of myself!
Old 03-22-2017, 12:01 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hey Marchers, just checking in from the Feb 2016 class to say hi.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:14 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Wonderful Onlylovetoday, good things will happen for all of us if we stay sober.

Shout out to Outonthetiles! He was the impetus for me to revisit this forum and get me committed. Congrats on your 400+ days!
Old 03-22-2017, 03:06 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hey All, well done OOTT :o) Top work and very motivational!

Bit of a dull day today, office bound and churning through the work, did a far bit of re-checking old stuff to clear any landmines that might be waiting for me, all worthwhile, didn't end up getting out on the bike as the weather's completely British and March (cold, wet and miserable). Taking the kids out solo on Saturday for the day though which has all been arranged and I'm grateful for that. Supposed to be a sunny weekend here too fingers crossed :o)

Had a better night's sleep last night, have been eating quite late recently, ate earlier last night as I had the meeting to go to and slept better. If you check out BBC iPlayer and their drama section, that's what's getting me to sleep at the moment (no offence meant to the no doubt talented writers and performers of same lol).

Have a great day tomorrow Stateside fellows :o)
Old 03-22-2017, 04:34 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Day 11! Is that right? Funny I thought I would be hyper focused on the exact number-- I'm losing count!

No AV today. Is anyone around my days really tired? Twice in the week 1/2 I've come straight home from work and headed to the couch. I never do that! I'm not too bad during the day, but come evening...

Out for dinner with friends tomorrow and then heading to SILs for the weekend to celebrate her birthday. She is a true wine partner! So I'm thinking and mentally preparing already.

How is everyone tonight?
Old 03-22-2017, 04:39 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Rmeatgt330-- I read your name as "isn't meat great?"

We're building up some good sober time!
Old 03-22-2017, 04:48 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was really tired for my first 30 days BeBrave but it got better after that.

D
Old 03-22-2017, 05:33 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 5. A common day that I don't make it to 6 - but not this time. I'm feeling positive and inspired.
Everyone is doing great here apart from the tiredness. I read that chemicals in our brains start to readjust around the 2-3 week mark making REM sleep worse. BUT the numbers significantly improve from 30 days. Let's give it time and sleep when you can.
Happy sober day everyone 😊
Old 03-22-2017, 06:03 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Day 1. I'm not sure what to say really.
I just wanted to drink 'like everyone else' - again.
I wanted to fit in - again.

I'm feeling a bit gutted.

I need to stop thinking about drinking.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:05 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

support to you
Old 03-22-2017, 06:15 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Checking in, day 6. Finally feeling fine physically, just tired and 'out of it'. Seems everyone is tired though! It's been a year since I've been through this but from memory it's the normal way of things.

Edit -Trees I definitely get that feeling, I think we all do. Glad you're here.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:18 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, have been a member for a little while but this is my first post.Would like to join the March 2017 class as I am on day 17 of being sober and feeling great!! It is nice to wake up in the morning without your head in a fog and stomach in a bog.
I am really enjoying the SR website it is keeping me focused on NOT drinking😀
Old 03-22-2017, 06:20 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Welcome BT!
Old 03-22-2017, 06:46 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Day 2 here. Just came off a good year of heavy drinking. Last time I quit it only lasted a couple weeks. Feeling pretty good considering.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:37 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Quick check-in from my phone again as my home internet is still down. Have to go to the cable company office tomorrow to switch out my cable modem. It's many years old and they seem to think that's the issue. Hopefully that'll fix the problem as I hate typing on my phone.

Anyways, had a very nice day. Worked this morning/afternoon, napped for a little after that, and just got back from a wonderful AA meeting on the fear of absolute abstinence from alcohol. Boy, that's a tongue twister.

Welcome to all the newcomers/re-joiners. Congrats on choosing a better way of life in recovery. Thanks again to all of you for keeping me sober one more day!
Old 03-22-2017, 08:11 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hi fellow Marchers 'round the world,

Haven't had much time to check in, but I have been at least getting here daily to read your posts. I'm on Day 8, and echo the overtired theme, and also I had to check how many days it had been like Bebrave. That hasn't happened before now.

My nearly 14-year-old dog had a pretty bad seizure tonight. It's an incredibly difficult thing to watch; he isn't aware during the actual seizure but afterward is totally disoriented and confused. He's been through stomach cancer (two years ago, malignant but not spread to lymph nodes at the time of surgery), but this past year he's seized a dozen times or so.

And when we took him to the ER about six months ago after back-to-back seizures he was diagnosed with advanced heart disease. As icing on the cake, he has extreme muscle atrophy over his left eye; the docs speculate there may be a brain tumor in the works as well.

But we're not going to subject him to any more tests; it's palliative care and a huge thanks every extra day we have with him. I have no biological children so my dogs are sort of my furkids (we have one other one, a girl who is 12). I would fill my house with dogs if I could.

He is such a trooper. He still insists on going up and down the stairs every day, even though I know it pains him, and jumps up on the couches himself. I so admire his strength.

Anyways, sorry for going on. It's just hard. But I didn't pick up. Instead I spent the time hanging out with him; we're in bed now. He's just had ice cream and is resting up against me. Just taking this moment in for what it is now: feeling his warmth and listening to the slow, steady in and out of his breath. There is much to be grateful for.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:57 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Agri, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. My dog and cat are my only babies too. I applaud you for giving him the best possible life. Enjoy these special moments with him.