Notices

Class of March 2017 Support Thread Part Two

Old 03-22-2017, 09:01 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Empathy, arg
Old 03-22-2017, 10:33 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hi Im new.. Im on day 4.. 17 yrs an alcoholic trying to give up last 2 years ..never able to make it to Day 15
Old 03-22-2017, 11:41 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Welcome, WizingUp, BTLover, Trees39, and Nia1971.
Lots of support and wisdom here
Had an interesting experience today: an unexpected PTSD trigger suddenly presented itself. I'd been visiting a different area and was quietly absorbing new impressions when
Enough time has elapsed now from my original situation that I was able to overcome the urge to get out of there, now! and recognise what exactly the trigger had been, and to visualise it as something ridiculous like a zebra in a herd of bay horses, and move on. A bit. For now.
Interesting how the mind works.
Take care, everybody
Old 03-22-2017, 11:42 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

argillaceous - kind thoughts to you and your dawg.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:26 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

ptsd sucks
Old 03-23-2017, 12:51 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BTLover View Post
Hi everyone, have been a member for a little while but this is my first post.Would like to join the March 2017 class as I am on day 17 of being sober and feeling great!! It is nice to wake up in the morning without your head in a fog and stomach in a bog.
I am really enjoying the SR website it is keeping me focused on NOT drinking😀
Glad your posting And congrats on 17 days, amazing!
Old 03-23-2017, 12:57 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Good morning fellow Marchers!

Checking in on day 12. I like many of you I see are feeling tired. During the day I am doing good, and is actually quite full of energy. I am doing better at work than I feel I have in a long time. But once I get home, I am completely DONE.

I hope that will get better soon, but I am not complaining. I like the couch
Old 03-23-2017, 01:50 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

reassured that everyone else is feeling wiped out, real struggle getting to sleep and getting up this morning...
Old 03-23-2017, 02:09 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I dont even usually last six days..i managed to give up for two weeks once. Im going to stick with you all because i don't even know who i am apart from hungry all the time ..Im having dinner with a long time friend saturday night. The bar will look so pretty ! I'm thankful she's not a big drinker. She may have one glass. I'll have water.
Old 03-23-2017, 02:43 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Day 6

Hello all. Just want to say hello from Norway. On day 6 now after a tough period. Nightmares starting to be less vivid....facial color returning to normal and feel great actually.....my wife loves me though she was minutes from leaving me last week....good to follow you all...and stay strong!
Old 03-23-2017, 02:49 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

good for u norway
Old 03-23-2017, 03:13 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome WizingUp, BTLover, Nia1971, trees and Norway

D
Old 03-23-2017, 03:55 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Welcome to the newbies. The day 5 monster is rearing up his ugly head. How can I feel so good through the day, then have thoughts of drinking now. I will not drink. I just needed to "say" it out loud.
Ok, that's done and it feels better. I'm going to call my mum and dad for chat 😊
Don't know why I didn't think of that 5 minutes!!!
Take care everyone
Old 03-23-2017, 04:41 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Norway75 View Post
Hello all. Just want to say hello from Norway. On day 6 now after a tough period. Nightmares starting to be less vivid....facial color returning to normal and feel great actually.....my wife loves me though she was minutes from leaving me last week....good to follow you all...and stay strong!
Hi and Welcome! (Velkommen )
Good to see more Norwegians here Well done on 6 days!
Old 03-23-2017, 04:51 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

argillaceous-- I can really empathize. We had an elderly beagle several years ago that suffered a series of seizures before the end. The first one is so scary! We had never witnessed that before. I'll be thinking of your sweet pup.

Sitting here drinking coffee stalling going to work-- day 12!

SandyO-- glad you forged through. Okay, off to work!
Old 03-23-2017, 05:05 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Morning everyone and welcome to the new Marchers!

I was very, very, tired for the first few weeks and slowly it got better. Exercise helped a lot! I also felt like I had the flu for a two week period in my second month. I don't think it was the flu though, as I did not feel terrible all day, just parts of the day. I think my body was having a hard time getting used to the new me, without alcohol. I kept remembering "one day at a time, and this too shall pass"

It did. I have lots of energy now, am sleeping better (not great yet, but better) and when I wake up it is not with loathing and regret. Every day that goes is like a big step in the right direction.
Keep hanging in there everyone. You will feel better down the road and if today is a hard day, it's a hard day, but tomorrow will be here before you know it!
Give yourself the gift of a sober day. You can do this!
Old 03-23-2017, 05:16 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I thought i was in control but a situation about 4 weeks ago caused me to drink almost every day for the following 3 weeks so no proper sleep skipped work looked and felt awful ive had the DUI in 2014 im just so lost at moment .. after work is a massive trigger also. Im just going with the one day, hour, minute at a time that's really helping.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:56 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Starting day 14. Assuming I make it through today, that'll be two weeks without a drink. Sometimes it seems like one day, sometimes it seems like ten years.

Heading to an early morning work meeting, then my actual normal work, then the cable company, then back home, then to an AA meeting. Full, busy day should keep me away from the poison aisle.

Welcome to all the newcomers and wishing everyone a safe and sober day!
Old 03-23-2017, 09:24 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

argillaceous, I'm sorry for you and your pooch.
It's hard when they get older and you see them start to lose their young essence.
I've had 7 pets pass away within the last 2 years because of old age. 3 of them were dogs. I feel for you.

Today is day 4 for me. Cravings are real today. I've been feeling some pain and I usually deal with that by downing a bottle or two of wine. But hopefully I can eat something and that'll make me feel better, or I can sleep it off. I have a few errands to run today, but I like to wait until the sun goes down to do that.
So I should be able to keep myself from being bored to death.

Since I don't think insurance with cover rehab, I'm looking into meetings nearby. Preferably non-religious ones, but the idea of AA is starting to grow on me even though I don't necessarily believe the same.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:05 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I'd like to join you all again. I had 4 days yesterday and blew it.
Committing to post before I drink or go buy beer seems like it should be such an easy thing to do. AV seems to know that it is a deterrent for me and I end up not posting. I really hope to change that. I know if I can be strong for a few weeks things will get so much easier. The past 6 months since my Grandpa passed has just been this huge downward spiral, I'm so sick of it.
Working on writing out a new plan now. I want this to be the time that sticks badly.
I WILL check in often to this class.

Looking forward to getting to know you all. I just read through this thread, this really looks like a great group.