Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 30

Old 04-19-2017, 11:29 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

That's such a great idea, Incontrol. Finding out what's ahead. Thank you for popping in.

Mariah, I think that feeling of low motivation is part of the process. It's good to hear that you're considering some new things to try - a course sounds a fabulous idea. Meeting up with like minded people will be very motivating. I'm doing my proofreading course online, but I'd rather be in a classroom with other students, I think it would be easier to keep up the momentum.
Obo, glad to hear your Easter went well. Festive holidays can be a challenge

Well, today is my 3rd Soberversity!

Saying goodbye to the alcohol was the best decision I have ever made, and ever will make.

No more insanity, what a relief!

If anyone is struggling with their decision, please know that the struggle will pass, and that there is peace on the other side, you just need to keep moving forward, day by day. It's as simple (not easy) as that! <3

Have a great day all.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:43 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Massive congratulations Freein.

An inspiration.

Thanks for all your posts. Many times you have kept the crew rolling on.

It's a real achievement 3 years. You should be really proud.

Love to all the fools.....
Old 04-20-2017, 07:12 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Congratulations Free! Enjoy your Day!
Old 04-20-2017, 08:27 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

I had a sneaky feeling earlier today your BIG Day was upon us Freein , .....incredible accomplishment !!!

Your progressive insight has been so, so.ooo helpful for me these last three years ,....."thank you " ,...doesn't even begin to express my deep gratitude !
Old 04-20-2017, 10:56 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

You've all helped me to keep on track, thank you so very much!

It's Friday here, I'm in for the Bargain. In case anyone has forgotten what that actually means:
If the AV attacks I will:
1. Post on SR
2. Have a glass of water
3. Eat a healthy snack
4. Call a sponsor/reliable friend
5. Take some form of exercise (preferably outside)
6. Take a nap

(Taking a nap is still my favorite )

Have I missed anything? - It was a long time ago that we agreed to the weekend Bargain. If I remember correctly we were going to call it our "weekend rule" but that title grated with those of us that just don't play by the rules - so our inner anarchists rebelled against it, and so the Bargain came in to fruition!

Have a great end to the week all.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:03 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really happy for you Free

Obo it's not really the year count for me and I'm sure it's not for Free either...it's the massive difference in our lives and ourselves that blows my mind...

you can have that too - everyone here can

D
Old 04-21-2017, 08:55 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

In for the bargain..........3 weeks today & moving forward, alcohol sucks!
Old 04-21-2017, 03:02 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Good work Mariah.

Cheers Dee. I'll get there...!

In for the bargain.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:49 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

How are you healing TS? What's up UP? Thinking of you Adna, Izzy.....all the Fools.

So glad it's Friday & no big plans but the garden tomorrow, & all the usual cleaning. Mowed the front lawn after work tonight & think I'll take my roommate up on doing the back before the next stretch of wet weather comes after tomorrow. People complaining about all the rain & I remind them we have pretty mind weather conditions here & it's beautiful.

Night All
Old 04-21-2017, 10:22 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Our weather has been surprisingly dry recently - it's usually those of us on this side of the great pond that complain about the rain! I'll be in the garden today too Mariah, after a check up visit to the dentist

I totally agree, Dee, the time aspect isn't really important. It's definitely the improvements in lifestyle that matter most, and that could take no time at all! It is nice when you get to the point when the cravings go away, and that unfortunately does take a bit of time. The freedom is worth the effort, that's for sure.

Great work Mariah and Obo,

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:06 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Good idea to share some of your landscaping work Mariah . Good room mates like helping out ( in my experience, anyway )

How was your check-up Freein , .... I'll bet a good one !

....have had a couple productive,...and long days . Finished up a longer ride about an hour ago on the off-road bike . Waiting on some fresh egg salad to cool off in the fridge .

Feeling pretty worn out ,..in a good way ,....
Old 04-24-2017, 04:50 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

I survived the dentist yet again, Tops - he can be brutal, but I got away lightly with just a general cursory glance. I saw him early, so he'd not yet warmed up, and he probably had his sights set on the next victim (no offence meant to any dentists out there - you know we all love you really).

I'm ploughing through my coursework, bit by bit. I'm now practicing some copy editing. I'd love to be able to do this full-time, but it will probably take a while to get enough experience to be confident that I'm doing a good enough job. I'm excited to be planning a career change at the (youthful) age of 51.

Cycling off road is pretty tiring Tops, it sounds like you're healing up amazingly well - are you off the pain killers now?

Mariah, did you decide on an evening class, or are you still mulling it over?

Dee and Obo, is the weather cooling off a bit down there? We have a pleasant 13°c at the moment. Just right for working outdoors.
In fact I took my Mum outside in her wheelchair yesterday when I visited. I fed her her breakfast alfresco. She's not been out of bed for quite a long time, and I noticed that she's lost a lot of weight - it's to be expected though. She did seem to enjoy the sun and the fresh air. I read to her for while, but I think she dropped off to sleep at that point.

Anyway, another week begins, have a good one everybody.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:47 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

I'll bet your Mum really enjoyed being outside Freein ,...

I stayed on the asphalt bike trails the whole way yesterday ,.. just taking the off-road because of the 2" wide tires for the safety aspect because our trails are busy this time of year ,...and that bike has a rear ( over the tire ) rack that works good with the attachable bag . Went out for a 20 mile trip to the south end of the island .

I'm feeling it today

,...off to Ga. to meet with a Maxillofacial surgeon that works on correcting misaligned bites . I think that's what they're called ,...

y'all have a good one !
Old 04-24-2017, 06:48 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

oops ,..
Old 04-24-2017, 06:49 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

oops,

dbl. ( triple ) post

lo
Old 04-24-2017, 09:36 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Morning Fools....busy day yesterday, yard looking good. Have a good day all
Old 04-24-2017, 04:06 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lovely and mild now where I am FreeIn - wish it would always be this way

D
Old 04-24-2017, 09:48 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Yes Autumn here Freein. Best season by far for mine.

Anzac day today. 3 years on this journey.

I'm sober and happy about it.

A friend of the family. A solid citizen. Reputable lawyer and that. Arrested for drink driving. .17 on the reading. Hit a bike rider in the back lanes by the beach. Also left the scene. The bloke has just come out of a coma. This person is in serious trouble now. At 69 years old.

Could have been me so many times in my life...

The bloody drink.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:42 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

There was a police officer arrested & charged with manslaughter this week for drinking & driving & plowing into a car & killing a couple of people. Bad stuff.

Off to work, going on an animal safari todau, bus picnic lunch. Should be a fun day be cool Fools!
Old 04-25-2017, 06:29 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Wow on the 20 mile bike did TS. You are an inspiration I need to quit using the dreary weather as an excuse & get out of this house in the evenings.
Hope your consultation with Doc goes well if it was me I'de tell him to make me 10 years younger while he's at it but that's my Vanity thinking there.

I'm sure your Mom loves your visits Free & so wonderful your there for her & your Dad. Sounds like you are moving ahead with your plans to work from home, good for you! You'll be there before you know it!

Something needs to change.....I am a referee between a cat & a bunny