Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 30

Old 05-05-2017, 07:42 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Friday night.....plans tomorrow evening with Mom & Sister to a Great Aunties Bday. Tired tonight
Old 05-05-2017, 07:54 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm in for the bargain guys

D
Old 05-05-2017, 07:55 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Me too!
Old 05-05-2017, 11:31 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

And me!

Just come back from my Saturday run. I got out really early (6.30) to miss the rain that's forecast - and luckily just missed it. Feeling wonderfully energised now.
I've discovered that if I get straight outside without dithering, I can be half way round my circuit before my brain has a chance to say "no, I don't think I want to run today". It's amazing to watch - that voice kicked in today, after about 15 minutes, when I'd got in to my stride and said "what ARE you doing out here, you fool?" At that point the deed was already done.
So the moral of this story is...if you need to get something difficult done, do it before that negative voice wakes up in the morning. It's lazy, and doesn't wake up as quickly as we do.
I have some coursework to do this morning, then I'm meeting a friend to watch an Eckhart Tolle online teaching this afternoon.

Have a lovely time with your family Mariah.

Have a great day all.
Old 05-06-2017, 12:28 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Great job on the early start ,

.......and not letting your running shoes outsmart ya' this morning Freein !

Had a similar experience yesterday morning grabbing the shovel and wheel barrow to move some loads of gravel out to the sandy drive in . Digging the stone out of the old drive is a bit challenging , ...but my process seems to be improving !?
Old 05-06-2017, 02:30 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

I'm in too.....
Old 05-06-2017, 02:44 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Oh, that's a back breaking job Tops, especially if the gravel has bedded in. Best tackled in short bursts!
Not much outdoor work going on here today, it's a bit miserable weather wise.

The slugs seem to have been outsmarted by the copper tape around the raised beds - no sign of damage to the plants yet. That's 1-0 to the humanoid

There's no copper around the runner beans though, so when they come up, the molluscs will get a chance for a late comeback.

There's no end of excitement around here.
Old 05-06-2017, 02:47 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Hi Obo, hope your days going well
Old 05-06-2017, 08:41 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Nice going on the run Free! Enjoy your day!

My am is a bit slower with a cup of java.......think I will pull some weeds in the yard & plant some seeds I have.
Old 05-06-2017, 03:01 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Never heard of that trick with the copper tape Freein , ... glad it's working out !

Is it an uncommon solution as an effective deterrent ?

What a big job with the weed pulling in your yard Mariah ? !!
.....how many days will it take ?

Up early ( 1 am ) .... after a quick application of rust killer yesterday to the wheel barrow Charlie borrowed a couple months back for some stucco jobs,.....wire brushed and spray painted about 4 coats ,....with an hour between coats . The outside paint is still in good shape , ..... that free primer and paint from the dump was callin' me !

plenty of sleep today before work tonight ,....
New schedule is Sat. thru Tues. not too bad

.......once I got my head wrapped around it ?!?
Old 05-06-2017, 03:09 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

oh, almost forgot to mention the consult with the hand surgeon went great Thur.,

He said I lost a ligament in my Left hand pinkie and will take one of the three from that wrist to use as a replacement. ....the guy really instills a lot of confidence .

Anyway ,....he said I'll only need a sling for about a week after the procedure ,...
Old 05-06-2017, 09:24 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Sounds like your in good hands TS & I hope it all goes well. What are they going to do with surgery on your face. Seems like that would be a rough one? Hope re-entry back to work isn't too bad for you tonight & that you have a good week.

Just back from Great Aunties 90th Bday party with Sister & Mom. Was nice to spend the drive with them & Mom had a good time seeing her Cousins. I drove up & back & glad to be home. A good day
Old 05-06-2017, 09:41 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Busy as can be tonight at work Mariah ,....
Well past midnight and several more guests heading this way from the Savannah airport about an hour away.

The facial guy said it would be too risky with the trauma on my jaw to do anything with my bite, ...so he's suggested orthodontic solution. ( braces or something I guess ?!? )
Already had the broken bones in my face worked on with 4 plates back in March . It sounds wa.aaay way worse than it actually is,...

On the plus side, ( no pun intended ) .....not having an aligned bite makes me far less interested in eating much at a time, ...so should be able to get to a more natural weight at some point . lo
Old 05-06-2017, 10:02 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Always optimistic TS. Have a good night
Old 05-06-2017, 11:24 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Freein, are you laced up already ,...or is it still raining ?
Old 05-06-2017, 11:29 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Great news on the plan for the hand surgery Tops, it's wonderful to hear how you're being pieced back together again! I bet your work colleagues were glad to see you back. I hope you're on lighter duties for a while though.

Yes, the copper tape seems to be working. Apparently the slugs find it uncomfortable to cross, because they can detect a small electric charge as they cross it. Some people have tried copper wire, but that doesn't work because the slugs are able to bridge themselves over it. They're more innovative than we give them credit for.
Off to see my parents shortly, and I've also been invited for a family lunch at my niece's new home, which I'm looking forward to.

Glad to hear you had a lovely day with your family, Mariah.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:37 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Tops, no run today, but I have finished my interval workout. My weekly routine consists of: 2 runs, 2 interval workouts and 3 strength training workouts. Basically a bit of everything - keeping all bases covered
Old 05-07-2017, 02:26 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post
Tops, no run today, but I have finished my interval workout. My weekly routine consists of: 2 runs, 2 interval workouts and 3 strength training workouts. Basically a bit of everything - keeping all bases covered
What an effective and balanced routine Freein, ....

Plugging along a bit more on the gravel moving project this morning ,. Found an extra length of garden hose to reach the stretch I'm shoring up .

,....back at work already, ...Sunday's are my longest shifts .

Only two to go after tonight !
Old 05-08-2017, 11:49 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Hopefully your Sunday shift went smoothly Tops.

It's been a beautiful day here. Managed to potter around my raised beds this evening, a little weeding, a little watering, watching things grow - it's a lovely way to end the day.

It's a great time of year.

Hope everyone's had a good start to the week.
Old 05-08-2017, 01:23 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post

It's been a beautiful day here. Managed to potter around my raised beds this evening, a little weeding, a little watering, watching things grow - it's a lovely way to end the day.

Sounds pretty darn nice Feein !

Figured out to load up the wheel barrow a little lighter and more trips today ,...since it's only about 180 ft. away . Using a heavy duty spade shovel seems to have worked better for breaking up the existing road also ,...as long as I get that process completed before loading . ....if that makes sense !?

Time to start dinner for work tonight

,... ( always something, huh ? )