Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 30

Old 07-01-2017, 06:34 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MariahGayle View Post

Glad to be home this am, snuggling with my new friend I brought home from the shelter this week.
She's going to love going out on adventures with you !

....have you decided on a name ,...or does she have one already ?
Old 07-01-2017, 07:09 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post
. How's your hand?
The Doc said ,....."you're cured ! " ,...when he saw it this past Monday ,....and the PT sprung me loose Thursday. Was shown a technique to massage the scar tissue ,.....it still looks a bit like I got my mitt caught in some farming equipment !?!

The Doc gave me the all clear on the guitar ,....said it will be great therapy ,....etc,..

Heading to Tenn. Wed. for Ella's 10th b day . The twins just turned 7 in Feb. ,......I left my guitar up there because my cottage has pretty wild temperature swings ,....but there's a nice cool spot in a closet here at work that works great !

This weekend is our " Independence Day " holiday weekend ,....and work has been crazy busy so far ,...with check ins ,etc..... the traffic on the roads coming in are reportedly jammed up ,... been slammed .
Old 07-01-2017, 10:30 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

That's great news TS & a bonus that guitar will be good therapy. Your amazing going through all you have & sober.....an inspiration for sure! Looks like your finishing up your shift there, hope you have a relaxing eve

Her name is Rosie
Old 07-01-2017, 10:46 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for you Top

D
Old 07-01-2017, 11:18 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Yes, that's a great testament to your endurance Tops. To get back playing the guitar will be mind blowing after all you've been through.

Rosie has a wonderful future ahead with you Mariah. I expect it will take her a little while to settle in her new home completely, bless her. I hope all your furry friends end up being best buddies, it will make for a happy household

Just off to visit my parents.

Have great day all.
Old 07-02-2017, 02:31 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Heartbroken, I have to take Rosie back to shelter tomorrow (they are closed today) I have two incidents with her & my roommate, the 2nd just a bit ago in with she ran at him jumped up on him & when I was pulling her down she grabbed onto his pants & ripped them. Thankful she didn't hurt him. She has been so good with others, took her to park to meet my GRandsons & my Son who is a big guy & she was great but something about roommate that reminds her of a bad experience she probably had. I've not cried like this in a long time & is going to be so hard to take her back tomorrow.
Old 07-02-2017, 11:14 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear that Mariah. I would do the same thing, It's not worth the risk especially when grandchildren may be around sometimes. The shelter will be able find a suitable home when they know more about Rosie's needs. It's hard for you though
Old 07-02-2017, 11:42 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Mariah

D
Old 07-03-2017, 05:56 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Thank You, one of the hardest things I've had to do. Praying she finds a good home, she is an amazing girl. Was reading last night on correcting overprotectivness in that breed & of course they feel our anxiety & view it as a threat to you & want to protect you even though they don't know what the threat is. Should have thought about that before I got her but st least she had a few quiet days here to heal from her spay. She slept a lot.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:37 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

I'm sure the shelter staff will be able to find her a good home Mariah - they will be able to give more information to prospective fosterers, which will increase the chances of a successful outcome.

Trying to psych myself up this morning, to muster the energy to go to work. I've never had this problem in my working life before - I feel so trapped. I'm wondering if some of this negativity is due to hormones (menopause? They say that weird things happen at about that time).
Life is strange.
Old 07-04-2017, 01:04 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Sad news Mariah. Hope you are OK.

Hope all are well.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:12 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hope your having a good day Free. It's no fun to not feel good about going to work. We spend so much of our time at work. You should look into blog writing Free, after much encouragement from my Son I am looking at finding a niche to write about & blog. There are people making it financially doing so, doing stuff they love & writing about it
Old 07-04-2017, 04:25 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hi Obo have a good day All!
Old 07-04-2017, 10:10 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Freein, .... the hormonal thing is a possibility . Witnessing the dramatic health decline in my dad so close up the last couple years seems to bring me to a radical sense of my own mortality .

I guess it really is true non of us , tremendous work ethic or not ,.... ever imagines our tombstone inscription saying " I should've worked more "

Thankful these 4 days are over in a while , ..... need to make a list of tools to bring to Tenn. tomorrow to fix a few things up there . My oldest granddaughter turns 10 Fri. !

Better send this out , as the web connection here at work is acting up the last few days !???
Old 07-05-2017, 12:46 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Mariah, blogging is definitely an interesting idea - are you going to give it a go?

I'm trying to simplify life as much as possible, so I can manage on a lower salary if needed. I've always been a bit on the frugal side (excepting all the alcohol I used to think was an "essential"! ) - I do like simplicity. Society has become very complicated, and as a result seems to restrict our freedom so much.

I think you're right Tops, seeing our parents reach the last year's of their lives does make our own mortality far more real. I do feel that I'm entering in to a different phase of life. I'm excited, but also frightened that I might just let it all pass by without paying enough attention to it. My parents seem to have changed very little over the years, the same thoughts, same values, same prejudices, same habits. I don't want my life to be that way, I want to change and grow, but it's so hard to climb up out of a rut. I'm not judging my parents, they have been generally happy over the years, but I want to find out as much as I can about this thing called life.

It's a bit spooky in my head at the moment
Old 07-05-2017, 12:48 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Oh, to be 10 again!
Hope she has a lovely birthday Tops.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:01 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Wishing everyone a good day, no time to write much this am
100 days without a drink today!! Onward
Old 07-05-2017, 08:23 AM
  # 498 (permalink)