Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 30

Old 05-01-2017, 12:35 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Mariah, what are sketchers? Are they training shoes? Great stuff buying yourself a nice exercise kit, I need to do that - my running gear is really past it. That's one reason I run early mornings
I've just finished a yoga practice, my body is as stiff as a board, I've been neglecting my flexibility. I'll try to do some yoga at least once a week from now on.
It'll be great to see us all getting active this summer.
Hope the week gets of to a good start for everyone.
Old 05-01-2017, 01:36 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post
Great stuff buying yourself a nice exercise kit, I need to do that - my running gear is really past it. That's one reason I run early mornings

It's great you're back out there running , sprinting and walking Mariah !

Went for an 18 miler yesterday on my old toll road bike route mid morning , ...which was far less nerve wracking than the ( stop and go type ) bike trail to the south end . Far too many blind spots with traffic crossing the trail all along that particular trail .

... It's really better suited for tourists poking along on rented beach cruisers .

Enjoy your day everyone !!
Old 05-01-2017, 11:29 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

It's been raining all day here. I've cleaned the house and completed another assignment for my coursework. It's actually been a really nice relaxing day. Just sitting by the fire now, drinking peppermint tea.
I'll be listening to another Eckhart Tolle talk this evening, then probably a blissful early night. Shame I'm back at work tomorrow

Stay safe on that bike Tops!
Old 05-01-2017, 09:39 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Sounds like a perfect day Free & you'll be energized for the week

Nice on the bike ride TS. I'll be airing the tires up in mine after I get a good helmet you be safe too!

Learned this evening that my neighbors of 10 years, daughter one of the 3 that grew up there was accidentally shot & killed by her fiancé last night & they have a 4 mo old daughter. Feeling heartbroken. Sorry for the down but she was friends with & is my Sons age...23. Literally so close to home.....in an instant , their lives all changed forever. Night Fools
Old 05-02-2017, 11:59 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

That's such tragic accident, Mariah. I can't imagine how her family, friends and neighbours must be feeling right now. I hope you're ok, it will be difficult telling your son about it.

I'm sitting in the porch, watching the sun go down. I find it very therapeutic to see the day transition in to night. I'm comforted by the predictability of it - I've never been disappointed, it's one of the few things one can rely on ...
Old 05-02-2017, 03:19 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((mariah)))
Old 05-02-2017, 03:46 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Today was a day as perfect as they come. I'm certain if I were to bottle it up and sell it, I'd be a millionaire.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:10 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Nice post that...^

No good at all Mariah... Bloke here accidently ran over his 18 month old boy. Reversing a ute.

Freein. A chanting meditation for an hour at the Ashram. I've reconnected with the team there. Sivan Anda and satyananda yoga lineage. They've taken me back in....

Head is really clearing. Seeing only a fraction of real clarity. Still repeating old thoughts though.

Hope all are well.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:55 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Sounds like a good gang to be with Obo & I bet that has great benefits to you!
Happy 1st Bday to little one this month. You have a lot of fun coming with her your doing great!

Great day at work, took a late lunch & was going to go back to work but I couldn't bring myself to go back it was so beautiful out.....so I didn't! Watered & fertilized some pots. My garden is quite beautiful.......the three trees I've planted in the back yard over the past 10 years have really matured & it's really nicely shaded now. I had some hostas in containers & replanted in the ground where I have some ferns.
This week I will figure out how to post pics here! Goodnight Fools
Old 05-02-2017, 11:56 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Obo, you're so lucky to have an Ashram close by. What a gift. It's wonderful to be part of a community of like minded people. I'm part of an Eckhart Tolle community consisting of me and a friend! What you might call "a select few". Shared meditation practices can be very powerful.

Mariah, the garden sounds lovely. Spring is a great time of year. It's lovely weather here too today, hopefully have time to do some weeding later.

Have a great day all.
Old 05-03-2017, 12:20 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Ooops, posted in the wrong thread. :-)
Old 05-03-2017, 12:24 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PippoRossi View Post
Today was a day as perfect as they come. I'm certain if I were to bottle it up and sell it, I'd be a millionaire.
Well, shoot! I thought this was the April 2017 thread. My bad!
Old 05-03-2017, 06:35 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Good to see you anyway Pippio....were all April Fools here so join us anytime!

Those are good days!!
Old 05-03-2017, 10:55 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Nice to see you Pippo! Feel free to pop in anytime, we'd love to hear about your progress.

Hope everyone's week is going well.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:42 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone !

Was able to cycle on a 21 miler on the Tues. ,....and start breaking up a half rotten tree stump . If the other 9 tree stumps were in as bad a shape as that one, .... I may be able to tackle them with a rented stump grinder, ...but def. need to check them out first .

My tree guy will probably be buying a used stump grinder before the year is out ,...from one of the out of town crews wrapping up the massive clean up from the hurricane last fall .

Off to Ga. in a few for ( yet ) two more Dr. appts.

Will update later ,....
Old 05-04-2017, 03:44 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great going Tops

D
Old 05-04-2017, 08:59 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Nice going TS! Safe travels

Morning home this am, working a later shift today.
DIL posted on FB that they booked a motel for their visit here next month. Called & told them I wished they would stay with me. I guess Grandsons won't have the excitement of coming to Grandmas house & any time I'll have with them will be under Son & DILs supervision. Makes me feel very sad.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:29 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Mariah - I still hope you get some g'son time

D
Old 05-04-2017, 07:32 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Thanks Dee. just sad that thereis this division between Son & I that there is no need to be there.

I stayed home today.....fixed my neighbors dinner & took a bouquet of flowers. Held her & cried together, held the baby. Life is fradgile Fools.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:46 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

((((Mariah)))))