Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 30

Old 04-25-2017, 11:54 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Alcoholism is a great leveller in the most appalling way isn't it - policemen, lawyers... What a lot those people have to lose.

I'm starting to budget a bit more carefully over the next few weeks - just to find out how much we actually need to live on. It's a strange quirk in my nature, that I actually enjoy budgeting! When I was at college, many moons ago, I was able to live quite comfortably on a small subsistence grant. All of my friends had debts, but I had savings. I was able to fund a 3 week trip around France when I qualified with no problem!

But that was before I had to pay proper bills, and before I realised that you can't live for long just eating a spoonful of porridge made with water for every meal! Ah, those were the days...

Mariah, your workdays sound such fun!
I agree about getting out in the evenings, I tend to get home and not feel like doing much, but if I do get out and do some gardening, it makes me feel so much better.

Have a great day all.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:56 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

There's a difficult situation going on at work at the moment, and I'm unfortunately not dealing with it very well. It's causing a lot of anxiety, and no amount of telling myself to "stop thinking about it" seems to help. And, because I'm anxious, I'm not thinking clearly, and I'm starting to make silly mistakes, which is compounding the problem. I hope this week ends well. Anxiety is a dreadful feeling isn't it?
Hope all are doing better than me today!
Old 04-27-2017, 02:22 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Anxiety is terrible.

Hang in there Freein. Good luck.

Teaching registration is all finalized. Wow that took a while. Police checks in 2 countries.

So it's off to find a new job for Obosob.

A suitable job.

Sober.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:21 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Good luck Obo, I hope you find a good one for you!

I hope the situation eases for you Free. Wish I had some advise for you but I'm the ultimate over thinker so not much help.

I work till 7 tonight so am home for awhile this am before I go to work. Need to get a tablet out & come up with a plan for myself. I am feeling stuck these days & the lack of motivation to do anything is bothering me. I will have 30 days of sobriety this weekend & glad for that but need to figure out some things.
Have a good day all!
Old 04-27-2017, 11:54 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

That's great news Obo, I hope you find a job that you can feel passionate about.

Mariah, 30 days is fabulous, that's a solid foundation. Definitely a good time to review your plan.

The ability to think is both a blessing and a curse. I'm trying to channel this anxiety in to some positive action, and it has seemed to help today. I'll do the same tomorrow, and repeat, until the situation improves. Getting lost in a book helps to distract my mind too - which is an excellent excuse to visit the library at the weekend.

Keep keeping on. It's all just part of the human experience!
Old 04-27-2017, 05:10 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes Obo

Hope everyone else is doing ok - I'm in for the bargain

D
Old 04-27-2017, 07:18 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee.

I'm in for the bargain too.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:04 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I'm in.....just home & tired & animals want some attention. Night Fools!
Old 04-27-2017, 10:49 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

I wonder if Winnie The Pooh suffered from anxiety - with all his thinking? We all need an Eyore and Piglet in our lives to help keep things in perspective.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:13 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Quick note here.....super tired & feet have been hurting pretty bad the last couple of days & my knees joined in tonight. TGIF
Old 04-28-2017, 10:15 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good weekend Mariah

I think Pooh probably got a headache when he thought too much FreeIn

D
Old 04-28-2017, 11:42 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Managed to get outside with my running shoes this morning - only about 25 minutes, but it all helps! My niece has challenged me to a 5k park run, so I thought I'd better start practicing. I've not ran for ages.
I'm feeling quite a lot better about my work - on Thursday, I plucked up enough courage to make a very difficult phone call, expecting to hear a barrage of abuse, but in actual fact, my phone call helped to calm the situation down quite a bit. I'm so glad I made the call, and kept myself in a state of acceptance rather than defence. A sober brain can do this sort of thing - who knew?
It's a lesson, for sure. When I'm anxious about something, I must use that energy to take thoughtful, positive, (possibly difficult) action.
I'm meeting up with a friend for lunch today, which will be nice.
Hope everyone's doing well.
Have a great start to the weekend all.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:55 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Great going on the run Free!

You have a great weekend too Dee!

It's going to be a gorgeous day here after a long stretch of rain. I will be working in the yard & chilling at home today! I have some beds to weed through & lawns to mow. Grateful to wake sober & not hungover! The thought that a drink would be nice crossed my mind yesterday afternoon but I reminded myself that drinking is off the table for this girl!
Old 04-29-2017, 10:36 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

A pooh- called Winnie?
Old 04-29-2017, 03:40 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Good start on the training run this morning Freein, ....25 minutes is awesome !

Sounds like another productive day Mariah !?

Still trudging through more detailing on the truck today ,....have noticed some bolt heads rusting in a few areas that needed restoring ,.....and the usual other stuff, ...waxing , etc.
Scored some unused 2 part epoxy primer at the dump several months ago that works great after letting some rust killer ( ospho ) set up overnight on wire brushed rusty metal .

Our dump has a dedicated open air shed for hazardous material like paints of every kind, ...so it's easy to find as much paint as a person would ever need ,...if a person will check it out every so often .

The paint I've found there is much higher quality ,..than anything from a box store . It's hit or miss with the spray cans,...but many are wonderful. I've begun to keep the spray buttons soaking in a jar of paint thinner ,.....for the oil products anyway . End up using a small artist brush many times anyway ,...once I get the paint out of the spray can .

Still achy most days , but quit the pain killers about a week ago . It's been over two months since my crash and it looks like I'll be forced to return to work next Sunday full time to keep my health insurance until all this doctorin' is done ,....

Have a consult with a hand surgeon next week ,...and another dental appt.

Not going to a Dr. but once every 3 or 4 years seems like someone else's life now .
Old 04-29-2017, 05:26 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

You've been through a lot & sorry you have to return to work already. Keep taking care of yourself!

Ended up about 6 hrs cleaning up the side yard which was bad. Looking good now & glad to have that job done. I also did a few other little small jobs & have just showered & put my feet up. Night ,Fools
Old 04-29-2017, 07:32 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Mariah, that side yard work will be a nice thing to wake up to ,.....

Ended up finishing the epoxy priming of all the cleaned rusty bolts and washers ,...but waiting to tighten them (past hand tighten ) in the morning .

The biggest difference ( aesthetically ) was grinding the 6 big ones holding the bed of the truck in place .

....pretty darn frustrated and disappointed with the Toyota people and the way they are treating me with an expired recall of faulty headlights . I'm still under 70,000 miles ,....but the criteria was 5 years ,...or 70,000 miles , .( whichever comes first )

Instead of standing behind their product , now they think I should pay an exorbitant amount to fix their design problem . The lens was too close to the bulb and it eventually caused the inside lens to melt and crack ?!??

I'll leave it all alone right now ,....as the headlights work and it's the burned section in front of the running lights ( turning signal light ) that's the issue. YouTube has video of changing them myself and I'll have to get some aftermarket ones one day ,....

It'll be a cold day when I would ever
pay money to replace a defective Toyota factory part with the Toyota factory improved part .

lol ....always wanted to use those three holding up a 0.1 total score !?
Old 04-29-2017, 10:27 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Nice one Tops. I too have a Toyota. Now with no interior light. Broken mud flap. And a rattle in the engine and squeak in the back somewhere.

They're not that tough.......

Went to a meditation class last night. Felt better straight away.

Sober Sunday football here....
Old 04-30-2017, 10:34 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Tops, that's a nuisance about the insurance. Surely the whole point of health insurance is to help when health issues effect your ability to work. Having started, they should honour the full course of treatments (imho). Having to go back so soon seems harsh to me. They have a black mark in my book.

It's good to hear that paint is so well recycled in your area, things are improving over here, but I don't think our recycle centres have a paint section yet.

Glad to hear the weather's improved for you Mariah. It's been raining all day here, which is good because the water buts were empty and now they're full.
I have a suspicion that the slugs have found a way to climb over the copper tape surrounding my raised beds - there's a few Rocket leaves looking a bit nibbled. I fear that those blighters are just taking advantage of my good nature.

Glad the meditation session went so well, Obo. Will you be going regularly, or even practicing daily at home? What sort of meditation is it?

We have a bank holiday tomorrow, so another day off - wonderful.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:43 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Wish I had another day tomorrow Free, enjoy!

Was another beautiful day here, made a dump run this am & did another little job for some friends with the truck borrowed from Mom. My car is not starting....turns over but that's it. I bent the blade on the lawn mower yesterday by hitting a metal edging, but has been a good productive weekend.

I had a little money for me for a change & bought in ice pair of sketchers, new socks & some running shorts & a couple of bras. I've not been spending much on simple luxuries but did today & as Free & Tops have inspired me to get back to my exercise program & I started today with a nice walk down to the river.....a couple small hills I sprinted & a good stretch. It's a new route for me & will be good.
30 days tomorrow. Starting to feel hopeful & seeing a future without the drink & it looks good

Ready to put my feet up