Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 30

Old 04-10-2017, 01:06 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Taking an extra day home today, found bunny with another bunny this am, his life is more exciting than mine. 1 week without drink for me today. Tired & going to have a chill afternoon. I said that yesterday but then worked for 6 hrs in the yard.
Grateful for the day....there is some ugly things going on in the world.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:34 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Mariah, congrats on the week! My first week sober was harder than any week in the past 15 months keep going!

Greetings ya'll, sorry I have been MIA. Life continues to be good on my end. I'll have 15 months on the 14th, still have a 4.0 in school, and leave for my trip to South America in three weeks!

Recovery for me continues to be two meetings a week, as well as now sponsoring someone. Life isn't perfect, but I've learned how to handle the good and the bad without turning to drugs or alcohol to escape or celebrate. The keys to staying sober for me come down to humility, honesty, and checking my own ********. I'm really great at making something so simple, overly complicated.

Anyways, I'm going to try to be more active on the boards moving forward. This will probably be all I have during my 3 week holiday. I'm still in for the bargain!
Old 04-10-2017, 06:56 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Congratulations Noolan on both sobriety & the grades! Fabulous accomplishments & inspiring.
Old 04-10-2017, 10:02 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear from you Noolan - congrats man

D
Old 04-10-2017, 11:33 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Mariah, I had lots of early night's in the first few weeks of sobriety - the evenings always felt a bit odd without alcohol, so I thought it would be better just to go to bed. I actually began to enjoy my early night's and early mornings. I still do go to bed earlier than most, but it's because I want to rather than because I have to.

Great work on a solid week!
Keep the ball rolling.

Noolan, what a great turnaround you've accomplished, good news on your course results
3 weeks in south America sounds amazing.

Off to work in a moment, have a great day all.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:02 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Excellent work Noolan. A 4.0 sounds great. Be good to have you around.

I remember the high of 15 months sober and the way life was with that behind me. So it's great to read you're doing so well.

Quacks tomorrow. Bloody hell. Maybe take the family home to see Mum.

I remember my first post ever when I talked of being selfish. I need to get out of the me me me thing.

Still job on horizon. Teaching. Paperwork all done. After 8 months we're one top of the paperwork. A must do with a child.

Anna turns 2 April 21. She is very sharp too. So far I've managed not to let her see the monster within or watch me super strung out for a drink. But that's just around the corner if something else goes wrong....

Really need to find that resolution. From within.

Hope all are well..... 3 years....wow!
Old 04-11-2017, 01:28 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Hope your therapy session goes well tomorrow, Obo. I know Anna's birthday - it's a year and a day after my sober date! April is a great month for celebrations.

Beautiful moon here tonight. The view out of my window is very peaceful - sheep just about to bed down for the night, golden moon rising and the first few stars glittering. Only a sober mind can truly appreciate the beauty. What a lot of simple pleasures I've missed in past years through a dull and boring mind, what a a waste, but no point looking back. Onward to many more sober sunrises and sunsets for us all
Old 04-11-2017, 06:30 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

That is how I felt walking through the woods picking wildflowers Free. Really is those little serene moments.

I hope your appointment goes well too Obo & safe travels with the family. People call 2's the terrible 2's but I called them the terrific twos followed by 3 years old which was my favorite age. Have fun with her Obo

Home for the night......cold & rainy here & im hold up in my room with the fur friends & glad to be warm & safe.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:09 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

I went to my appointment at the hospital today - my goodness, they gave me the works! To cut a long story short, there are some unusual cells apparent, so they've taken a biopsy and should have the results next week. It's still unclear if I'll need any treatment, so nothing really to be concerned about at the moment. I'm feeling a bit sore, and I have to be careful not to let the dressing get too wet in the shower, but other than that I'm good to go.

The whole visit took 3 hours! I've not done much else today .

It's a short week this week - just working tomorrow, then we have good Friday off

Hope everyone's had a good day.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:11 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Freein,
That'll be a relief next week when the results are in in such a timely manner , .....

The dentist was happy yesterday with how my loose teeth have been firming up . May only have to get the one badly chipped tooth repaired if everything keeps healing by next month .

Got a couple MRI's this morning ,..... hopefully surgery on the left hand will get scheduled pretty soon . Ribs feel 99% better !,.... I guess ankles take longer .

Had an easy break-in workout today with hand weights and about to go out for a little bike ride . Hoping the tube repair holds better than the last one .

Taking a route within walking distance just in case ,....
Old 04-12-2017, 04:51 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to see you're doing well Tops.
Hope everything will be OK Free - I reckon it will be

Hope everyone else is doing ok - in for the long weekend bargain?

D
Old 04-12-2017, 07:20 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I have a good feeling all will be well with you Free & sending positive thoughts & Hug across the big pond. Glad you will have an extra long weekend. We are rainy again here & was glad to get some hostas transplanted to the ground from pots, this will be a good start for them.

TS, that is good news with the teeth & glad the ribs are healing well & hope the ankles are better soon too. Take it easy on the bike brave one!!

Goodnight Fools
Old 04-12-2017, 08:02 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Obos- I hope your therapy session goes well! Therapy really helped me deal with and come to terms with a lot of aspects of myself.

Freein- I hope the tests go well! I'll keep in my thoughts and sending good vibes your way!

Tops- congrats on the improvement to the teef! I'm happy you get to enjoy a short work week too!

Mariah- I hope you sleep well and your schedule gets back on track as you gain more sober time!

It's been a solid day, work is work. I'm pretty certain I am leaving the job once I get back. Other that that, I found a new tilapia recipe that was grand. I also ran a mile and did some leg weight training as well. IN FOR THE BARGAIN
Old 04-12-2017, 11:27 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, for the well wishes
Tops, you have an incredible spirit, it's wonderful to be a part of. Take it easy on that bike though. I'm off the exercise for a few days, until the (tiny) wound has healed up. I'll still be active out in the garden, and maybe a couple of long walks over the weekend.

As part of the assessment yesterday I was asked if I drink or smoke! Ha, I could honestly say "no, I don't drink at all". That felt good.
I'm up a bit late this morning, but all's good.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:11 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

just checking in, tired tonight but has been a good day. In for the bargain
Old 04-14-2017, 03:07 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Checking in too.

In for the bargain...

Sober good Friday.....
Old 04-14-2017, 04:04 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Mariah....

Obo....

Great stuff, you're both doing a grand job. Just keep focused.

I'm in for the Bargain too
Old 04-14-2017, 04:25 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good long weekend guys. In.

D
Old 04-14-2017, 08:20 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

I love Pooh Bear!

It's been a slow and relaxing day here. I have managed to put up some canes for a row of runner beans and a row of peas in the veggy patch. But other than that I've had my head stuck in a book, and I've polished off a rather extreme green smoothie (which may be the cause of a bit of trouble later ......).

I've been feeling so peaceful recently. Almost 3 years of sobriety has definitely been the trigger for a deeper appreciation of life itself. I still have difficulties, of course, but problems don't seem to engulf me like they used to. Alcohol was a substitute for spiritual awareness, and what a poor substitute it was! I feel I'm awakening to my true self day by day - not getting anywhere in particular, but enjoying the journey.

Easter blessings to all the April Fools
Old 04-14-2017, 05:46 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Love my job but glad I have a day at home tomorrow & glad to be here with plans for a sober night. Missing Grandsons a lot. Sent a gift off to them yesterday & just asked DIL to video & send me when they open it.

I've been trying to chill & breath through the times of unease....so hate that feeling.