View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 04:50 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
freein14

I survived the dentist yet again, Tops - he can be brutal, but I got away lightly with just a general cursory glance. I saw him early, so he'd not yet warmed up, and he probably had his sights set on the next victim (no offence meant to any dentists out there - you know we all love you really).

I'm ploughing through my coursework, bit by bit. I'm now practicing some copy editing. I'd love to be able to do this full-time, but it will probably take a while to get enough experience to be confident that I'm doing a good enough job. I'm excited to be planning a career change at the (youthful) age of 51.

Cycling off road is pretty tiring Tops, it sounds like you're healing up amazingly well - are you off the pain killers now?

Mariah, did you decide on an evening class, or are you still mulling it over?

Dee and Obo, is the weather cooling off a bit down there? We have a pleasant 13°c at the moment. Just right for working outdoors.
In fact I took my Mum outside in her wheelchair yesterday when I visited. I fed her her breakfast alfresco. She's not been out of bed for quite a long time, and I noticed that she's lost a lot of weight - it's to be expected though. She did seem to enjoy the sun and the fresh air. I read to her for while, but I think she dropped off to sleep at that point.

Anyway, another week begins, have a good one everybody.