Old 04-07-2017, 05:10 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you get it done quickly and without any trouble Mariah

D
Old 04-07-2017, 10:44 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

late here Friday night......tired but thankful to be going to bed sober.
Old 04-07-2017, 11:52 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Sleep well Mariah. Take care on the ladder tomorrow!

It's actually a beautiful morning here. Another gardening day ahead. I'm cranking through it slowly.

I've received a letter yesterday, with an appointment for further tests following a recent mammogram. I'm not worried about it, I think it will be all clear, but it's interesting how the mind shifts from taking everything for granted to suddenly seeing the world through the eyes of mortality. It's quite a peaceful feeling, and I'm trying to keep that sense in the forefront of my mind. It'll probably wear off with the very next challenge (after all I've only just got out of bed - I've not spoken with OH yet this morning - that's always a challenge! )

Have a great day all.
And....of course, I'm in for the Bargain.
Old 04-08-2017, 05:33 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Mariah,
.... I used to tie myself off with a rope doing roof work here. More of a makeshift set-up with the rope tied to my belt,...but just knowing it would be impossible to slide off the end of the roof makes moving around less nerve racking, ...and getting more done not constantly focusing on avoiding a fall .
.... keep your phone with ya' ,.....and good luck up there !

Freein,
Hopefully they'll be able to see you again soon, .... "challenging" is a good word !
Your sobriety will certainly keep you grounded from any unwarranted overwhelming and magnifying fears .
Old 04-08-2017, 08:28 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Free, hoping all is well for you......happened to me last year with my mammo but All was fine. Unsettling though until we know. Sending good thoughts your way

Hope are you healing TS?

So glad to be home this am.....after a rough time getting to sleep last night I slept deeply & slept in a bit this am. I'm going to make it a lounge day today, have not had one for awhile & fending off a cold. I may get on the roof this afternoon to see if moss will come off as easily wet as it was dry. I shall be very safe.

Enjoy the day everyone!
Old 04-08-2017, 12:53 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Went for a nice drive & hunt for wildflowers. Found a beautiful spot & grove of purple bird bells & bright red indian paint brushes & a few pale cat ears. Picked a beautiful bouquet for Mom & snuck into her house......she loves them

I've not seen a grove of Indian paintbrushes like that for awhile. I live on a corner of a road that is pretty busy during the day. I would love to downsize now with Sons gone for something outside of town like where I was today. Just a little cottage in the woods would be so nice.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:02 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

My appointment is on Wednesday, pretty quick. The News enjoys telling us that the NHS is in dire straights - but they still seem able to turn things around at break neck speed! We're very lucky.

Mariah, let us know how your roof exploits go! No acrobatics up there - it's easy to get carried away if you become over enthusiastic with the moss clearing. Trying back flips and cartwheels and the like are not for the moss clearing amateur.

The garden is looking so much more manageable now. We've done a great job today. It's almost enjoyable pottering around out there now. Caught some sun as well today - my lily white legs are a bit rosy now

Hope everyone's having a good weekend.

Obo, hope all's well.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:05 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

That sounds idyllic Mariah! I'll look up those flowers later - they're not names that I recognise, but they sound absolutely charming.

I think a pretty little cottage would be lovely.
Old 04-08-2017, 03:43 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post
My appointment is on Wednesday, pretty quick. .

Great news !!!

Had an enjoyable and productive day outside also Freein ,
....conditioned the vinyl on the skiff seats first and then a second coat of urethane on the three entry doors to the shop ,.... a little mowing on the riding mower and finished up with an hour with the walk behind .

(The front wheel drive on that baby stopped working a while ago, so it's actually just a heavy push mower . )

,....gave the riding mower it's annual bath midday,....and took a nice hot shower myself before cooking dinner .

It's not even 7 pm and feel like a nap soon !?!
Old 04-08-2017, 06:28 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Good stuff Tops.

OK here freein.... going slowly.

Sunday rained in. Sober. Fire and footy on tv.

Dee. I'm not sure what I'll do differently this time. Perhaps better management in terms of each day. More structure. More of a priority.

Hope all are well.
Old 04-08-2017, 11:34 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

That is a productive day Tops! Great stuff. I hope you get plenty of time to relax on the water in the skiff this summer.

Obo, glad things are moving forward in the right direction

Off to see my parents today - hopefully I'll not be too late back. I'd love an hour outside to sit in the sun. It's been a treat of a weekend here. Looks like the clouds are back tomorrow though.

Mariah, how did your roofing exploits go?
Old 04-08-2017, 11:53 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

No roof for me today.....going to wait till it dries out again & needed a day off today. Was a good day with the walk in the woods this am, found a couple of cute pair of shoes at thrift store, Cousin from out of town came by & we had a nice dinner out & then some live music.....has been awhile & was good to get out with someone.

Late now & ready for sleep.

you should sleep well Free & TS with your busy days.....night all
Old 04-09-2017, 02:45 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by obosob View Post
Good stuff Tops.

OK here freein.... going slowly.

Sunday rained in. Sober. Fire and footy on tv.

Dee. I'm not sure what I'll do differently this time. Perhaps better management in terms of each day. More structure. More of a priority.

Hope all are well.
can you see how thats a little nebulous tho - and nothing really to do specifically with drinking/drugging?

I think you need a plan along the lines of

next time I feel like a drink or getting wasted I will _______and ______and _______and....

I know a guy, a mate, who's been trying to quit for a long time - his wife finally bailled on him and took the kids.

He's willing to do anything to stay sober now - AA, rehab, the lot...

but I wonder (and I know he does too) what things might have been like had he done something, something more concrete, sooner?

D
Old 04-09-2017, 04:23 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Dee...Ok yes that was a fraction wishy washy...!

I too am aware of a few for whom it's too late.

It's so hard to get a clean start with a plan when things aren't going to plan....

But yes I need a better plan.
Old 04-09-2017, 05:03 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Administrator

I never had things go according to plan in 20 years drinking
If you wait for things to go to plan you'll probably never get a day one Obo....

D
Old 04-09-2017, 10:46 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

At this point for me & I know I've said it before but I just can't go on with the drink anymore. It takes me to a bad place emotionally, the sadness & anxiety it causes & each time is harder to stop. I'm starting to have some health issues (neurological) & I have to wonder if it may be related to my binge drinking.....Feeling relieved with 6 days today.

Rest day today, hope everyone enjoys the day/evening
Old 04-09-2017, 10:49 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Obo, do you do any writing, journaling? I don't but am going to get journal out today & write a goodbye letter to alcohol. I've written one before but need to do this again. Anyway maybe some journaling for us in these early days will be good? Also some meditation.....do you have apps on your phone for that?
Old 04-09-2017, 04:33 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Hi Mariah.
No. I am seeing the therapist on Wednesday and am required to document my dreams and daily thoughts.

But I haven't been doing it. Postponed last meeting because I hadn't done my homework and that was 2 weeks ago.

My mind set has been no good.

Trying to escape I guess.

But today I will start a journal and I will attend the quacks on Wednesday....!
Old 04-09-2017, 07:56 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Sounds like a good plan Obo I pulled out my Anxiety &Phobia Workbook by Edmond Bourne. I am going to re-read & do some work in it.

Garden therapy today....bought & planted some Gerber Daisy's, some lobelia & verbena in the geraniums I planted in pots last week. Finished replanting some hostas from containers to the ground. Started some hanging baskets & cleaned up another section of the yard. Was a nice day. Bunny escaped though & im missing him tonight & hope he comes back.
Old 04-09-2017, 11:35 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Oh no, that bunny is such an escape artist - perhaps you should call him/her Harry or Harriet Houdini?

Obo, when you're given the homework to do, what goes through your mind? Why do you choose not to do it? If it's purely because you don't have time - then that's easy to solve - you just make time! If it's a thought that says "I don't need this kind of help" or "this won't work", then It's time to kick the sabotaging AV voice in to touch, and get on with whatever help is offered. It's very likely that the stuff you fight most against will be the very thing that will help you to break through.

Try it all Obo, don't hold anything back, it really will be worth the effort.

Have a great start to the week all.