Notices

Class of March 2017 Support Thread Part One

Old 03-07-2017, 10:40 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Day 10 for this marcher! Feeling pretty good mostly and have absorbed myself into reading about recovery and trying to change my outlook. Really conscious that I don't want to get over confident and slip up though so really just focusing on each day as it comes. Keep up the good work everyone! NS
Old 03-07-2017, 11:17 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Morning everyone! (day 2)
I am seriously struggling to get myself out of bed this morning! Feeling very tired and drained! Fortunately for me I have a family that I need to get ready for school! They are my reason to keep going!
Have a great day everyone, stay focused and strong 💪 😊
Old 03-08-2017, 02:05 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Day 18.
Not the best of days, low and moody. Had my first "drinking dream" last night which I felt was a bit cool (after I had realized that it was just a dream!) - part of the processing and adjustment.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:45 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Still on vacation and back on Day 2 ��. Went out for a good dinner and I had a glass of wine and then bought more on the way back to the hotel-- 4 glasses total.

Why did I do it, because that's what I always do. Ugh. I had stomach issues yesterday and that's why-- feel better today.

I'm on my phone so when I get back Friday I'll be more active.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:00 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

I'm feeling quite pleased that I've not drank today. I'm not going out again so it's day 1 practically accomplished for me. I've only been drinking for 8 days this time and I feel good that I've managed to stop there as sometimes it can go on for months before I get a clear day. I'm going to build on this.
Hi to everyone. Hope you do the best you can.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:22 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to have you back Taplow - have you thought what you might do differently this time?

D
Old 03-08-2017, 01:23 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bit quiet here.
Hows everyone else doing?

D
Old 03-08-2017, 04:17 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!!

My name is Sam and I am popping in from the March 2016 class. I wish I could say that I have been sober for a whole year but in actuality I am finishing up day 73.

And while it hasn't been perfect I have learned so much through the past 12 months...I feel like a completely different person...most likely because I am.

I have no advice to give but I wanted to say....welcome to SR....embrace all that it offers...this place changes lives!!
Old 03-08-2017, 06:12 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey Sam

D
Old 03-08-2017, 06:19 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Hi Sam
Old 03-08-2017, 06:22 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Bit quiet here.
Hows everyone else doing?

D
Sure is! I hope everyone is doing well..
Old 03-08-2017, 06:27 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  
Desperate For Sobriety

Day 6 is in the the bank. I fought off some demons after work today. I came scarily close to stopping at the liquor store, but I drove right past it. Feeling really good about it. Keep up the good fight everyone!
Old 03-08-2017, 06:28 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
Desperate For Sobriety

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Hi everyone!!

My name is Sam and I am popping in from the March 2016 class. I wish I could say that I have been sober for a whole year but in actuality I am finishing up day 73.

And while it hasn't been perfect I have learned so much through the past 12 months...I feel like a completely different person...most likely because I am.

I have no advice to give but I wanted to say....welcome to SR....embrace all that it offers...this place changes lives!!
Thanks for the inspiration, Sam! Thanks for dropping in!
Old 03-08-2017, 06:36 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Day seven for me. Yesterday was one big roller coaster or emotions. Sad, angry, bored, regretful.. you name it, I felt it. I was also exhausted! The first few days I felt like I had a ton of energy but lately I've been so exhausted that I've been in bed by 8:30.

Today was a little better. Got a RedBox movie and actually sat still through the whole thing. When I was drinking "movie night" usually meant my husband and son watching the movie and me scrubbing the house clean (with drink in hand of course). I always thought alcohol was a downer? It definitely gave me energy and now that I don't have it I feel useless. Luckily my husband has stepped up (he didn't have much choice, I've been in bed before my kids lol) and has been helping out. He also hasn't made any hints about bringing beer home. I texted him the other day and asked him if he truly understood that I can never touch alcohol again. He said he did but I still don't know that he truly gets it. I think he thinks that all I have to do is just moderate and only have a few. ugg...

Anyways, my next mini-goal is 10 days, then two weeks. Two weeks is when I will start to get scared. That's the point where I start believing that I can moderate and that's just not the case.

I hope everyone is staying strong tonight, you can do it!
Old 03-08-2017, 06:45 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BadgerFan View Post
Day 6 is in the the bank. I fought off some demons after work today. I came scarily close to stopping at the liquor store, but I drove right past it. Feeling really good about it. Keep up the good fight everyone!
Awesome job! Whenever I am getting close to a liquor store I always start to get so stressed and worked up. I try to think of 100 hundred reasons to justify stopping then I get upset with myself for even considering. Its a whole slew of bad emotions. The funny thing is, the minute I pass it without stopping, this wave of happiness comes over me. Like "YES!! You did it!! F*ing right!!" lol... :-)
Old 03-08-2017, 08:01 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
I went to my first new counseling session today. It was actually an assessment required by the court but they are setting up an outpatient program for me so I am excited about that. I am in a little bit of legal trouble, not too bad but alcohol involved. I am relieved it wasn't worse could it always could be and will get worse had I continued down that road. This is a blessing in disguise, a wake-up call, and a relatively small price to pay for some much needed help and serenity. I'm happy to be here as well. On the road to recovery. There really is something special about those words. My body and mind have some healing to do.

Be good to yourselves.
AL
Old 03-08-2017, 08:16 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Day 3 for me just feeling depressed at times and i am starting to feel better physically, my brain is trying to trick me saying that i can have just one , but i have been there way to many times
Old 03-08-2017, 10:53 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Day 9 - was feeling a bit frustrated today, but overall, I will bank this day! Sending positive energy and you-can-do-it vibes to the other marchers just starting or moving forward in their journey.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:12 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I went out running last night again, absolutely amazing how exercise improves my mood as feeling really good today. Looking forward to getting day 11 alcohol-free under my belt. Hope you all have a great day, keep the faith 👍 NS
Old 03-08-2017, 11:53 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard Frank - don't listen to the lies

D