Notices

Class of March 2017 Support Thread Part One

Old 03-01-2017, 01:49 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am on day 6 but now day 0. Would really like to join the March thread. I have to give up due to stomach ulcers and trouble walking. Looking forward to chatting with you all.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:24 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi all. I'd like to join this group. I've been a heavy drinker for 25 years or so and in the last few years have seen my dependence / compulsion / intake all intensify quite alarmingly. I'm very lucky that so far I've avoided catastrophe (notwithstanding all the usual humiliations and degredations that are par for the course with this drinking life). Day 2 for me anyway.

Glad to be here at last
Old 03-01-2017, 04:57 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Day 1 for me. Thanks for the kind words. I'm really ready to give this a serious go. I will check in later to see how everyone is doing!
Old 03-01-2017, 05:03 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hello, March. Feeling a bit under the weather today (didn't go to work) but regarding staying sober, I'm good. Just eating a lot of fruits and drinking a lot of water. Hope everyone is okay. On Day 5 now.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:30 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Day one, joining in. Been drinking 140 units a week, falling over in the house, embarrassing incidents, blackouts, there's no fun left, I'm ready for change...
Old 03-01-2017, 10:29 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone. Day 2 for me. Have been regularly doing 2-4 days but then slipping. Almost feels like I just get bored, and then revert back.

Finding it hard today after a tough day at work, but hopefully the moment will pass.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:40 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by foreverfuzzy View Post
Day one, joining in. Been drinking 140 units a week, falling over in the house, embarrassing incidents, blackouts, there's no fun left, I'm ready for change...
Well done for joining! Know exactly what you mean about embarrassing incidents! Had enough of them too.

Hang in there and on to day 2!
Old 03-01-2017, 10:50 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi guys! Checking in from March 2016. March is the best. Ask us, we'll tell you.

Just wanted to say great job joining - this is the best thing I ever did. You can do it - 1 day at a time and together.

Make today great! You can!
Old 03-01-2017, 11:12 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi everyone just a quick check in. Day 3 for me. Let's all stay strong together.

I know what you mean flowerfuzzy I could shift 140 units a week not remembering anything the next day saying awful stuff then terrible withdrawals.............. the list goes on as we all know. It's exhausting
Old 03-01-2017, 11:38 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

140 pw for me too recently, flowerfuzzy - the scary thing is how I can still, sort of, function on that amount of booze... obviously the idea that it's in anyway sustainable is madness.
Day 2 has been manageable. Jittery and a little anxious and resentful, but OK. Been here so many times before I know what to expect.
Danger time for me is also day 3 and 4 when I usually cave. Not this time I hope.
We're all in the same boat and although I wish none of us was going through this garbage , the fact we're all here in our early days does and will help.
Best to all.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:10 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anton71 View Post
Hi all. I'd like to join this group. I've been a heavy drinker for 25 years or so and in the last few years have seen my dependence / compulsion / intake all intensify quite alarmingly. I'm very lucky that so far I've avoided catastrophe (notwithstanding all the usual humiliations and degredations that are par for the course with this drinking life). Day 2 for me anyway.

Glad to be here at last
Welcome, Anton. Wishing you all the best. I know quitting is not easy, but nothing worthwhile in life is. Good luck going forward!
Old 03-01-2017, 12:16 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hello from the Feb 2017 class.
Wishing you all the best of luck. You can do this!
Old 03-01-2017, 12:32 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Middle of day 4, all the anxiety is building from all the mistakes I've made in the last year and a half. I feel very alone today although you are all here. I'm just shaky all over, from inside out. I noticed one thing I have to avoid is my Facebook account. Too much temptation out there. None of my friends are sober. Not even close. It's all coming into focus now. I've got to start over. Going to try and get a job at a nursery so I can physically work and dig in the dirt. Got a lead for tomorrow. I'll be thankful for that today. Thinking of you all out there.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:37 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jlg76 View Post
Middle of day 4, all the anxiety is building from all the mistakes I've made in the last year and a half. I feel very alone today although you are all here. I'm just shaky all over, from inside out. I noticed one thing I have to avoid is my Facebook account. Too much temptation out there. None of my friends are sober. Not even close. It's all coming into focus now. I've got to start over. Going to try and get a job at a nursery so I can physically work and dig in the dirt. Got a lead for tomorrow. I'll be thankful for that today. Thinking of you all out there.
Hey, Jig

I know just how great the temptation is. Your brain is telling you "just a little taste and nothing more and everything will be okay." Believe me, I know. But you seem to have adopted a great mentality in avoiding Facebook and all the temptations that dwell there. I'm happy you got a lead for tomorrow. Remember, don't just think about "the now" like many of us alcoholics have done. Think about tomorrow, too, as you seem to be doing. Wish you all the best for your nursery lead.

Much love and peace.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:08 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi guys....
I'm not new to SR, and usually post in the SA forum, but it can be pretty quiet down there, and I could really use more support and help right now. I am not sure, though, if you all would be ok with me joining. I am an alcoholic, and have been ever since my very first drink. When I drink, I drink to get drunk. Not buzzed, not tipsy. Flat on my face drunk. That is how I drink. So, I know that alcohol is something I can't ever do. And, I haven't had a drink in 3 years. Three years on the 14th of this month. But, I have no pride in that, because the only reason I haven't drank is that I am addicted to the pain meds my doc prescribed me 8 years ago.

Now, I am trying to get off all my meds. It has been a real struggle, and I have been doing everything I can to get completely sober. There is a lot more to my story, but I don't want to hog the thread. So, to distill it down a bit, I was hoping I could join the March class for additional support going through this?? If I don't stop everything for good, I am going to lose my home, my family, everything. My situation has become that dire. I recently started therapy, and NA meetings, and I am posting here all the time. I am trying to give myself every chance I can to make this work, to be the person I want and know I can be if I could only get it together and stay clean.
I am a serial relapser who absolutely can't afford to relapse again or I will lose everything. Seriously. I am alone and scared, and desperately need the support of others who are struggling too, like me. Dee suggested I join a class, and he has always been right about his advice, even when I can't see at the time that it is the right advice. But, I am not sure if I fit in here because I am a drug addict and not solely an alcoholic. But lately, I have been having terrible cravings for booze. I even had a dream about being out at a bar, trying to get a drink, but I couldn't find the bartender. I just feel really fragile and scared that one perfect storm will bring me down. I feel like I am living in a house of cards.
I am sorry I took up so much space here. Just trying to explain my situation. I am hoping that I can join this class?? Would it be okay??
I would really like to get to know all of you, and share this journey with everyone.
Thank you for 'listening'.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:08 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I'm on Day 3. It's going as well as it can be I suppose. Still can't sleep worth crap, visions been kind weird, just don't feel stable at all. Hadn't eaten for a couple of days cause my stomach was upset but that's subsided now. Trying to keep healthy, drinking lots of water and taking vitamins to help with withdrawals. Seems to help a bit. I know what all of you mean about drinking A TON and blacking out, not knowing what your doing, what you've said or done and then hear about it the next day. Oh the humiliation, guilt, remorse. The list goes on. It's in the past now but it's hard to forgive myself.

We got ourselves in this mess and we're gonna help our self and each other get ourselves out of this vicious cycle and get sober!!! Just don't listen to that little devil in the back of your head telling you you have to drink cause we don't. Just keep pushing forward. I think the worst part is the first week. Then have to have a plan moving forward.

Hope all of you are hanging in there!!! Go March 2017!!!
Old 03-01-2017, 01:34 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

3 weeks

Hi all!
I stopped drinking 3 weeks ago now, I suppose I should be in February class but I've just stumbled across this website, wish I'd found it earlier!

I've been travelling, so meeting new people everyday, I'm scared that I come across boring but there are SO many other people like me out there! And it's also great to see people suffering with hangovers when you feel fresh as a daisy the next day (evil? Mwhaha, gives a ****!)

I've noticed that it's hard for people to talk to other people before they've had a drink, I've realised that I don't need a drink to have great conversations and have fun! You just know when to bow out because people tip over the edge and THATS boring!!

Now I'm faced with the challenge of meeting up with old friends who I used to drink loads with and how they are going to accept me, a sober me.

So far I've had some REALLY sad days feeling 100% pathetic hiding in my hostel room not wanting to speak to anyone and I've had days where I think, I am enjoying this world SO much more with a fresh head!!! I also have more money for shopping and delicious meals!!

So let's do this march peeps! Let's do the world we're winning!!!
Old 03-01-2017, 01:53 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Welcome Marchers, SR is a great place to be.

I'm from the May 2016 class and with the help of the great people on this forum I managed to turn my life around.

If I can do it, you can do it too. Please keep posting...
Old 03-01-2017, 01:58 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Sugarangel

I will welcome you here. I just joined and don't know all the rules but I think the only rules we should really endorse is complete respect and support to anyone wishing to live a sober life, wanting to be the best individuals we can and striving for strength to give whatever substances on our backs the bird. Today has sucked but all of you have helped. Keep going and keep posting and reading. I'm "listening".
Old 03-01-2017, 01:58 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Day 2 here, I almost grabbed a 3 pm beer and decided to wait, and jump back on this site. Was here a few years ago, never really got past 20 days or so....lots of excuses, none really valid. I've been drinking about 2-3 beers and 250 ml of 100 proof bourbon nightly. Start at 3-4 pm, end and sleep at 8 pm. I know its not an absurd volume but every night is obviously a problem. So there you go, lets see if maybe I can get through March, then go from there. Thanks.