Notices

Class of March 2017 Support Thread Part One

Old 03-10-2017, 02:01 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

I have 2 weeks alcohol free today. A month ago I never would have thought it was possible.
Just want to say thanks to everyone for there support, words of wisdom and posts.
I could not have done it without this site.

Have a safe and sober weekend.
asixstringnut
Old 03-10-2017, 03:27 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome APT and whendoves cry

D
Old 03-10-2017, 05:21 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

ARG: Hop right back in there! It was one day and you seem ready to get back on track. The first few weeks are difficult and there really needs to be pre-planning for any occasion ahead of you.
Glad to see that you are here at SR and ready to continue working.
I find reading the threads a great help, seeing the effort everyone goes through towards this common goal.
Bright side:Your next birthday can be your one year sober date!
I have been very strict with myself and have made the decision that I will never, ever, drink again. For me this stops any thoughts about any other possibility down the road. I don't want it and I don't need it. It is not part of my life anymore. It really does get better after a while. I want a better life without alcohol and I am going to work for it!
Keep at it. Soon the days will be flying by and then the weeks.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:19 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

peaceful intent, thank you so much for taking the time to write; you gave me the boost I really needed tonight. I love the idea of my next birthday being my one year sober date!

I am in the middle of a thread from years back about "Things I won't miss..." and gosh, I think I identify with something in every post. I want to go back after I finish the thread and cut and paste out the ones that particularly resonate with me, and have that document in an easily accessible place.

It would be so much harder without SR. Thanks to you and everyone else here who posts and keeps this a thriving community.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:38 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Keeping it simple tonight--I'd like to join this class. The best sobriety I've ever had was when I was active here at SR and I'd like to get back to that place and maybe even somewhere better. I'll catch up on all the previous posts and introduce myself a little more tomorrow but just wishing everyone a safe and sober rest of your Friday night/Saturday morning.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:40 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Casey
Old 03-10-2017, 09:15 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Glad to hear everyone is well. Reset here myself from day 10 to day 1 tomorrow.

So many excuses but no need to lie to you all. AV won. Said it's Friday, its been a hard week, you have done so well, ect.......
Old 03-10-2017, 11:50 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Sober as of earlier tonight

Just went sober March 10, 2017. Booze has left me overweight and depressed. I simply had enough of feeling bad. I am sure many on here are familiar with what it feels like. Happy to be putting the drinking part of my life in the past.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:00 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome letitgo and 6502ASM

There's no reason in the world good enough to let the AV win

I think once we accept that, it starts to be a whole different ballgame?

D
Old 03-11-2017, 03:37 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Day 4 here and I'm having some drink thoughts. It's the usual, "just one day won't hurt," type justification. What comes into my mind when I'm tempted is the idea that though I can't go without a drink today, magically I'll find it easy to stop tomorrow. Why would I think that when nothing will have changed for me? Better stop thinking.
Best wishes all.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:38 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Day 21 today!
It's gone fast. I had my first real cravings today but I won. Pretty predictable - just a few hours of sleep, no breakfast or lunch and then on the way home the idea of "just having one in your fav. bar" started to pop up. Being tired,stressed and hungry has always been a trigger for me. Well, I recognized it for what it was and sure, once I got home, ate and napped for an hour - it's gone. Oddly enough I actually feel slightly hangover after sleeping even though I didn't give in to the cravings :-(.
Old 03-11-2017, 05:18 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Hi all,
Newcomer here. I've been drinking for almost 5 years. Mostly at nights. It started as 2 a night, then 3, then 4. It has come to the point where I am unable to control it. I feel like it is control me. I know that if this continues, I will lose everything that I have. Reading all this posts really help me understand more about alcoholism.
Old 03-11-2017, 01:28 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 2. I drank way too much coffee last night before/during/after an AA meeting so ended up staying up playing video games and watching dumb YouTube videos until four in the morning. So my plan to wake up early and post on here first thing didn't happen as when I did finally wake up I had to hurry and get dressed and get to the noon AA meeting I wanted to go to. Glad I did as it was a very inspiring, very practical meeting. Topic seemed to mainly focus on the physical aspects of alcoholism and addiction. Stuff I definitely need to be reminded of and that I've had some recent experience with.

I'm off work today. I just finished catching up on all the posts in this class--saw some familiar faces and a lot of new ones too. Later today, I've got to brave myself and go through and read/reply to the dozens of private messages I had waiting for me when I logged in here last night for the first time in five months. But first, I've got to do laundry. Only other plan for the day is probably another AA meeting tonight--I've decided that face to face support and action has to be a much more important part of my recovery this time. I can talk the talk here on SR pretty good but I need to walk the walk in my "real" life as well.

As I've warned my previous classmates here on SR over the years, I'm an overly talkative, verbose person here, so my apologies in advance for the long posts.

As always, Dee74, thanks for the welcome back. Let's hope this is the last one you have to give me.

Glad you're right back here, letitgo, much better than my usual plan of drink and then run away. Today's a great day to be day one! Wishing you the best today.

Welcome from one March 10th'er to another, 6502ASM!

The other side of that "one day won't hurt" coin, taplow, is "one day won't help" either. There's nothing going so good/bad in my life that a drink or ten can't possibly make it worse. Hope your day has gone OK. Good on you for getting in here and admitting to those feelings.

Huge congrats on three weeks, tonggau! And even bigger congrats on recognizing those triggers today and doing something about them instead of taking that first drink.

Glad to meet you, LifeIsPretty. One leads to two leads to three leads to who knows how many--I know that story well as I'm sure everyone here does. Looking forward to getting to know you and everyone else here better.

Wishing everyone else who hasn't posted yet today a safe and sober Saturday/Australian Sunday! I'm not going to drink today--who else is in?
Old 03-11-2017, 01:57 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Just passed my 24 hour mark 30 minutes ago. Everyone seems full of compassion as far as I've seen. Best wishes to everyone!
Old 03-11-2017, 02:01 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on 24 hours, Idunnoman! I like your username here.
Old 03-11-2017, 02:11 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Congrats on 24 hours, Idunnoman! I like your username here.
Thank you, much! This would be a lot easier if it wasn't freezing and raining where I live lol
Old 03-11-2017, 02:51 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Yeah, I definitely get that. No matter whether it's rainy, cold, hot, or perfect outside, my addiction can usually find a reason to make the weather my reason to drink today. And if not the weather, a million other reasons. I'm not going to listen to those reasons today.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:27 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Idunnoman and lifeispretty

D
Old 03-11-2017, 03:59 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Hi guys, i'm back on the wagon. I tried to moderate my drinking and I've been able to have days off but boy do I make up for it on my drinking days.
I really need to put my wife and childeren first and to think of the future.
I have a plan in place from my last attempt at sobriety. Bring on the sober days! Give me strength.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:03 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober81 View Post
Hi guys, i'm back on the wagon. I tried to moderate my drinking and I've been able to have days off but boy do I make up for it on my drinking days.
I really need to put my wife and childeren first and to think of the future.
I have a plan in place from my last attempt at sobriety. Bring on the sober days! Give me strength.
Exact same thing here.