Notices

Class of March 2017 Support Thread Part One

Old 03-04-2017, 07:20 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jlg76 View Post
Actually, I won't do one without the other. It's a package of addictions. I hate the flavor of smokes unless I've got booze and can't drink without my smoke. Lucky me. But thanks for your concern. It is a lot of adjustment. However, I'm saving money left and right! Oh, and my health....
That makes a lot of sense. I actually will restart smoking sometimes when I quit drinking, maybe I need to have that destructive vice that is also an oral fixation, I don't know! No desire to smoke so far this time!
Old 03-04-2017, 07:40 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think having a group like this - and reaching out to it - can make all the difference Mandosca.

Whatever happened before doesn't need to happen again - we can make different choices this time

D
Old 03-04-2017, 07:46 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Yup, the tricky 2 week complacency. Dirty mind trick. I'm there with ya. We can power through it. Sweet dreams everyone! Sober dreams.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:50 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BadgerFan View Post
That's awesome, asixstringnut!!! You're inspiring me to get to one week, too!
BadgerFan.

You can do it. Keep your eyes on the prize one day at a time.

asixstringnut
Old 03-04-2017, 09:55 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Just another day

Just one more hour. That's a silly thing for a normal person to want. But that's all I can ask for now.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:58 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CrackleLog View Post
Just one more hour. That's a silly thing for a normal person to want. But that's all I can ask for now.
I understand. It is crummy to have to wish for that. Keep at it.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:13 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

I know that getting past these first few days is the hardest part of all Because I Have Been Here Before. Waking up suddenly with fear in my heart in the afternoon or evening is something I barely recall. But it is still there. I know the feeling

Awake! The panic is there! Nothing is to be done but continue on and not drink again. There's the rub.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:28 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Administrator

no, you're not - you're just like the rest of us CrackleLog....we're all decent folks.

Hate the addiction, not the addicted

I'm glad you've joined us - support really helps

D
Old 03-04-2017, 10:36 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee
Also I pulled back on the self-loathing in my original post. Thanks for responding to how pissed with myself I am, though.
Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
no, you're not - you're just like the rest of us CrackleLog....we're all decent folks.

Hate the addiction, not the addicted

I'm glad you've joined us - support really helps

D
Old 03-04-2017, 11:26 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

On to Day 7, feeling rather positive and the haze is lifting a bit. Did yoga and meditation sessions yesterday for the first time and think it will help with embracing my sobriety. Going out for a run now too and just focusing on today. Staying sober and positive. Keep the faith everyone and hope you have a wonderful Sunday 😎 NS
Old 03-04-2017, 11:35 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats NS
D
Old 03-04-2017, 11:54 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CrackleLog View Post
Progress not perfection
Oh I like that!
Old 03-05-2017, 12:00 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Caved last night. Thought about lying and calling this day five, then realised that's the saddest, most ridiculous thing in history. It's cool tho - if anything it's strengthened my resolve. And those three days were still the longest and best I've done in maybe a year. I need a good plan for the evening.

On the plus side, the fish I bought yesterday have settled beautifully - two bengal loaches are playing in a little cave between plants and the gourami are happily grazing. So I guess that counts as a win!

Xxx
Old 03-05-2017, 01:45 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Administrator

Not sure if you've explored this link or not Still...but it's a good one for plans:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

D
Old 03-05-2017, 02:57 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Glad this was recommended!

Day 2 for me. Started out not much better than last night...Lots of nausea, shakes, foggy head, horrid yet brief dreams for when I actually did get to sleep. Thankfully did get better throughout the day. I might even get some sleep tonight! I know the very few times I've actually gotten this far it got better after this so hopefully tomorrow is better.

CrackleLog - I understand your frustration...Earlier when I got to my boyfriend's house after work I found he'd had a couple shots of shnapps, and I started crying and ranting for quite awhile about how unfair it is that some people can just enjoy one or two shots and others - like me and, sadly, many others - take one drink and then need to drink to oblivion. Hopefully avoiding it gets easier with time. Though it does suck! lol (Thankfully my boyfriend is very supportive and understanding...And apologetic lol)

Good luck to everyone!
Old 03-05-2017, 03:08 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

StillS- the FACT that you did post and was honest to yourself is great. The basis of successful recovery. Thanks
Old 03-05-2017, 06:00 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Sunday morning here. Welcome to all of the new Marchers. Just read through the last few pages of this post. Hope everyone had an okay Sat. night.
I am very happy to be part of a group . I find it encouraging to read everyone's post. I was too scared to join in the very beginning as I am a very proud person ( this is not an attribute when it comes to drinking and seeking help) as I was scared that I would fail right away. Kudos to those of you brave enough to join in and tell your story, and listen to all of the brave folks whop have gone before you.
I did a lot of reading and then thoughtful introspection about what I have done to myself, and more importantly, what I need to do moving forward. I so want peace and happiness in my life. All I feel I can add at this point (13 weeks) is that my days have gotten more stable, cravings are few and far between, and for the most part, I feel better.
Hang in there everyone.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:13 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Didn't sleep well but still here. I think I'll go to the gym today and take my dog for a walk and otherwise sit on the couch and watch BBC shows.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:14 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Poldark season 2, here I come.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:25 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Oh geez and I also have to check the news to see what kind of bonkers Tweets the president sent while I slept. Actually, I'm planning on quitting the news as well, but it's hard. **** my addictive personality.