Notices

Class of March 2017 Support Thread Part One

Old 03-12-2017, 06:47 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Back in the hammer for 3 days boo! I want to stay sober until 5pm. A few beers or glass of wine and boom. Totally transformed. I am sure you understand. The alcki schizo syndrome. Well I am rooting for tomorrow!
Old 03-12-2017, 07:00 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Still here hanging in at day 20. Taking it one day at a time. One minute at a time. This weekend was a struggle for me. My AV was loud. Week was full of ups and downs - between feeling super confident in my sobriety to super vulnerable the next. I hope this stabilizes. Had the first Of many social settings this weekend where alcohol was involved. Didn't want to drink but felt a little awkward. Hope to gain confidence in the future in these scenarios. I have lots of work to do. Hope you all had a great weekend!
Old 03-12-2017, 07:35 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! As promised, back for day one. Spent the day doing laundry, paying bills, grocery store etc recuperating from vacation/ then no power. Today was okay since I was so busy.

Sitting here with a cup of tea thinking about dinner menus for a few days. Coming home after work, starting the wine while cooking dinner is a huge trigger for me. One glass while cooking, one glass with dinner, then two in the evening. Tomorrow I'll drink sparkling water with lemon.

My husband asks why I can't just stop at the one or two, but I just can't drink normally.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:17 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Long but profitable night at work. Just trying to build my accountability muscles by checking in before I lay down to watch tonight's Bob's Burgers and then crash. I have an absolute mountain of laundry to do in the morning before I go to work in the mid-afternoon. Yuck.

So glad you joined us, DayLilly! Joining this forum is a huge step forward and I look forward to getting to know you better as we both progress in our recovery.

As always you express it perfectly, Dee74. "I wanted to be able to drink - and yet not have it rule my life or have any negative consequences." I've proven time and time and time again that this way of living/trying to moderate doesn't work for me. Maybe it's finally sunk in this time.

beerbgone and PhoenixJ--I will most definitely be going back to the March 2016 and July 2013 classes, but probably not for a little bit. I need to stay grounded in this newcomers forum this first month--make myself remember the basic stuff that builds a solid foundation for my sobriety. My plan in my head right now is to at least wait until this new class "graduates" to the daily support forum before I even visit that forum at all myself. But thank you both for the kind words--hope you are both doing well.

Sorry you decided to drink, letitgo. Give us a chance to help you next time before you take that first drink. You're not in this alone! I'm saying this so often because it's something I must, must, must remember for myself.

20 days is amazing, Dls2041! Struggle or not, you're sober tonight so I'd certainly call this weekend a success. It's from these small victories that we build a new life.

Congrats on getting through day one, bebrave. Good idea to plan ahead for tomorrow--sparkling water with lemon is a wonderful, refreshing choice.

Hope everyone else who didn't check in today is doing well and does check in soon. Thanks to all of you for keeping me sober one more day!
Old 03-12-2017, 11:02 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Back again 😔

Hi class
Im back to day 1 😔
Congratulations on everyone doing really well be proud of yourselves every one of you
Old 03-12-2017, 11:15 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Checking in and joining the class. I think I've got it this time. I hope I've got it this time. I've got it today and that is enough for now.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:04 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! Day 15 today for me, managed to get through the weekend which is the danger zone for me so feel quite good today. This thread is really helping too so thanks! Have a great day Marchers 😎 NS
Old 03-13-2017, 12:27 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome sath - great to have you join us

Welcome back Pinky and letitgo - what do you guys think is stopping you from making sobriety a permanent thing?

D
Old 03-13-2017, 02:37 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.
I've been in more classes than I care to count...would like to join this one.
I first got sober 12 years ago in March so perhaps it's a good time for me..growth, renewal....

Bebrave, im like you. Great family and career and a bottle of wine at night.
It needs to stop.

I have used SR before and it works...when I work it and post!

Looking forward to connecting with all of you

Day 1 for me starts now....wishing you all well
Old 03-13-2017, 03:03 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Just want to post a thanks to everyone who is taking the time to post. I'm struggling still, but finding that I'm returning here regardless. Being here on SR, and reading your posts, well, it's like someone has made this small tear in what seemed like an impenetrable cloth. The AV wants to grab thread and sew it closed. My other not-heard-enough voice is looking for the scissors to widen the tear and eventually fashion something new.

Right now, my focus is on keeping the tear open. This is the first time in my life that the fabric of what has been my after-work life has been breached. CaseyW, bebrave, letigo, whendovescry, peacefulintent, Dee, and all the other Marchers who have previously posted, please know that your thoughts help me think forward rather than in the moment.
Old 03-13-2017, 03:38 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you keep coming back argillaceous - thats half the battle won right there

welcome lovehoops

D
Old 03-13-2017, 04:19 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Quick check in at the day of Day 2. Going strong & sfa withdrawals thankfully, bring on Day 3!
Old 03-13-2017, 04:48 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Day 2

I am in such a fog right now and my stomach is less then happy. I think I will just rest and read here between chores today.

One question...when I was reading the forums as a non-member, I would always read that if you had an urge to drink, you should come here and post first. Is there a certain forum for that? Where people are usually around? I am just trying to prepare so this can be my last day 2.

Best wishes to all for a wonderful day!
Old 03-13-2017, 04:55 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

There are threads- to join for the month you join. There is also a 24 hour 'check in' thread, also Whiner's Anon. All threads are obviously available all the time. I am in Aust. so am up to 17 hours ahead of partds of the good ol'. Monday, 2224 here. There is usually some one around. You can also stary your own thread in newcomer's if you have something you really want to share, vent- whatever.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:56 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by argillaceous View Post
Just want to post a thanks to everyone who is taking the time to post. I'm struggling still, but finding that I'm returning here regardless. Being here on SR, and reading your posts, well, it's like someone has made this small tear in what seemed like an impenetrable cloth. The AV wants to grab thread and sew it closed. My other not-heard-enough voice is looking for the scissors to widen the tear and eventually fashion something new.

Right now, my focus is on keeping the tear open. This is the first time in my life that the fabric of what has been my after-work life has been breached. CaseyW, bebrave, letigo, whendovescry, peacefulintent, Dee, and all the other Marchers who have previously posted, please know that your thoughts help me think forward rather than in the moment.
Thankyou argillaceous! I am struggling big time but also know this place has helped me in such a short time, with the inspiration, I'm not alone, but also reminding me it is up to me and me only. AV is such a persuasive and strong character in my life, too strong!
I'm so thankful to find people who are also struggling but also recognising we need help!
I Posted in the 24 hr thread today with such high hopes. I failed! I could tell you why but really it is just an excuse. My focus is on keeping the tear open too, you explained that feeling so well... Including the after work dilemma... I am aiming to at LEAST equal 3 days free for the week, my record in a long long time, met last week, unfortunately I've only done one so far.
Good luck fellow Marcher xx
Old 03-13-2017, 04:59 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

It is amazing how well posting- sharing and getting support here can help.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:51 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

HI Everyone. I'll return to Smart meetings tonight after months off.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:48 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Day 3. The weekend was good and after work is always my witching hour. Working on ways to make it from work to home today without stopping for a drink.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:52 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 4. Brewing some coffee now and then it's laundry time. I go to work at 3:30 this afternoon. No other plans for the day. Don't think I'm going to be able to make an AA meeting today and that's OK.

Glad you're back with us, Pinky1. Fall down 1,000 times, get up 1,001, right?

Welcome, sath79! Congrats on choosing a better way of life today. I've seen a lot of folks here suggest taking different routes to/from work as a way to subtly change our habits/routine that can lead to drinking. Hope you'll check in when you get home from work. I know building some accountability to myself and others is a huge part of my own plan this time.

Congrats on starting week 3, northernsoul!

Nice to see you join us, lovehoops. I've also joined too many classes here but the goal is to make this one stick.

For some reason, argillaceous, your wonderful post made me start singing that old rock song about breaking on through to the other side. I know that active participation here and in my own recovery has been a cornerstone of my recovery in the past--maybe set yourself a goal of posting at least once a day for the short term?

Have a wonderful start to your day 3, Sober81!

As PhoenixJ already said, DayLilly, there's no specific place to post when those urges come but I'd spread your net wide--post in this class thread of course and I'd also start your own thread in this Newcomers forum to catch those longtime SR users who don't read these new class threads. And when it's closer to the weekend, there's a very active "weekender" thread here that seems to have folks posting 24 hours a day. Hope your stomach gets to feeling better.

Sorry you drank, Whendovescry, but glad you're right back here with us. Remember that SR is here for you when those after-work thoughts/cravings come screaming.

Please let us know how your SMART meeting goes, Sunshine72! Wishing you the best today.

Think I replied to everyone who has posted since I last did. If I missed you, my apologies. My brain is still in a little bit of an early-sobriety fog itself. Time for me to go face the world.

I'm not gonna take that first drink today no matter what. How about you?
Old 03-13-2017, 08:41 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Good post, CW