Notices

Class of March 2016 part 41

Old 02-16-2017, 07:16 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Jemma, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Trust your instincts but be careful.

Sam, nice work. I think there is always a part of us that is succeptible. While I did relapse a few days back, I know from the times when I've gone more than a few months sober that it can become a not so constant battle. That feeling of freedom is a great feeling.

CH, I drank lots of water today. Gonna look for those little flavor things.

BBG with a BLT!! Nice.

PJ - you should be proud. Inhale the future - Exhale the past.

Have a good night everyone!
Old 02-16-2017, 07:44 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

I shall sign off for the evening ~ must......get.......sleep!!!!

Thank you all for helping me through another day!
Old 02-16-2017, 08:43 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Goodnight, my people.

Prayers for peace, my friends.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:49 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Namaste.

Strength in unity.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:01 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Morning!! Slept pretty crappy last night...have this nagging pain in my left shin (shin splint?)....meh... Also a day off today but I have been out on call by my boss whose daughter is sick...meh...well when it rains it pours I guess.

Anyways just going to do the best I can with what I have today. What more can I do?

PJ - thinking of you....solitude can be tough even though you crave it on some level. One day I believe that your sons will see you for the man you have worked so hard to become and they will be very proud. Hugs.

Happy Friday all...let's make it a super, terrific sober one!
Old 02-17-2017, 06:09 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Old 02-17-2017, 06:24 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Good morning!!

The sun is shining and it is gorgeous! It is going to be a fantastic day, people!!

Love you all.

Peace out.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:24 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Mornin' everybody. Ready for the weekend?
Old 02-17-2017, 06:26 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Namaste B.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:30 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Morning friends! No nap for me today since DD has a 1/2 day. Took care of my blood work this morning. One less thing to worry about getting done.

Trying to figure out what to do the rest of the day once DD is out of school.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:18 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Hi guys, sorry I've been MIA this week. I was so ashamed to say I slipped again last Friday 2/10 after an argument with my husband. :-(

Well, I have one week today (7 days) and I'm doing better. I've been going to AA every day and really trying to plan ahead for my triggers.

I haven't caught up on the posts and I need to get ready to meet my sponsor st another meeting. I'll catch up later today.

I love you all!
Old 02-17-2017, 09:48 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Hola all! Congrats on your 7 days Kiki! Glad to have you back.
Another nice weekend here with maybe some light rain. Hard to believe we're in the middle of February, but I know as soon as I put up the winter gear a cold snap is sure to return.
Well, no plans again this weekend aside from the regular exercising and household chores. I need a hobby or something. Maybe I'll start planning out insulating my attic. Without the backyard tree shade (it fell over last summer), the house AC bills have gone way up. Anyways, have a happy and sober weekend all, if I don't chime in again! But I probably will. Chime back in that is!
Old 02-17-2017, 10:25 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Upstairs View Post
Hola all! Congrats on your 7 days Kiki! Glad to have you back.
Another nice weekend here with maybe some light rain. Hard to believe we're in the middle of February, but I know as soon as I put up the winter gear a cold snap is sure to return.
Well, no plans again this weekend aside from the regular exercising and household chores. I need a hobby or something. Maybe I'll start planning out insulating my attic. Without the backyard tree shade (it fell over last summer), the house AC bills have gone way up. Anyways, have a happy and sober weekend all, if I don't chime in again! But I probably will. Chime back in that is!
Needlepoint? Knitting? I'll think of more. We'll find you a hobby - don't you worry.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:24 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

My daughter has off school today and Monday so trying to plan some fun things for us to do. Need to stay busy. Day 9. Tomorrow night will be the test. It will be Day 10 ( when I tend to slip) and a Sat night with no plans. I need to get through it. Can't go back to Day 1.

Hi Kiki! Great job on 7 days. Glad you are here with us

Sam, way to go last night beating your AV. You keep getting stronger and stronger with each sober day.

PJ, keep moving forward. I agree with Sam, I truly believe one day your sons will be in your life again. They would be proud of you. We all are!

Hope everyone is having a good Friday! The sun is out here for a nice change.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:34 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Acceptance

Our basic recovery concept that never loses its power to work miracles is the concept called acceptance.

We do not achieve acceptance in a moment. We often have to work through a mirage of feelings - sometimes anger, outrage, shame, self-pity, or sadness. But if acceptance is our goal, we will achieve it.

What is more freeing than to laugh at our weaknesses and to be grateful for our strengths? To know the entire package called "us" - with all our feelings, thoughts, tendencies, and history - is worthy of acceptance and brings healing feelings.

To accept our circumstances is another miraculous cure. For anything to change or anyone to change, we must first accept others, the circumstance, and ourselves exactly as they are. Then, we need to take it one step further. We need to become grateful for our circumstances or ourselves. We add a touch of faith by saying, "I know this is exactly the way it's supposed to be for the moment."

No matter how complicated we get, the basics never lose their power to restore us to sanity.

Today, God, help me practice the concept of acceptance in my life. Help me accept others, my circumstances, and myself. Take me one step further, and help me feel grateful.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:38 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Kiki
What are you going to do next time you come up against conflict?

D
Old 02-17-2017, 04:32 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

What's up Marchers! So good to see you guys....well I managed to make it to the gym - did a different workout which reminded me just how out of shape I am!

I've also been trying to practice a little more from my drum lessons, even if it's only for a few minutes at a time. I found this article on the benefits of drumming and how it is considered therapeutic - in case anyone is interested

The Therapeutic Effects of Drumming
Old 02-17-2017, 04:49 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Kiki- shame is a wasted emotion if you do nothing with it. There really is no point in saying do not feel ashamed- because you said you already did. Feelings do not go away once they emerge, we cannot magic them away. What can you do NEXT time to deal better with stressful stuff- at that very moment? Not what life will be in 10 years time- just right here, right now .
Post when you feel crap- not just when you feel good. If all meetings, chat rooms etc were there for happy, well balanced, sober people- they would not be there.

Upstairs- I did some research on hobbies for you. Have you thought of something outside your comfort zone? Say,
- elephant herding
- adopt-a-blue whale (YOU NEED ACCESS TO A SWIMMING POOL)
- moon walking- on the moon.
- knitting with wire
The choices are endless.
Not much today. 1118 Saturday. A meeting later (men only, sponsors choice- no different to me). Since moving here- I am sleeping more.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:48 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Evening class,

CH - I pretty much live on the Nestea Ice Tea drops for water...everyone at work knows that the brown water is Sam's...lol. Hooray for getting your blood work done...one thing to cross off the list

Kiki - Glad you're here!! Congrats on 7 days!! Woot!!

Hey Upstairs!! Keep your winter gear out for now...I am loving this warmer weather...no point in jinxing it!

LB - you are not going back to day one!! No way, no how!! You are going to blow day 10 out of the water!!

Bobbie - this...."We do not achieve acceptance in a moment. We often have to work through a mirage of feelings - sometimes anger, outrage, shame, self-pity, or sadness" is what I needed to hear right now...thank you. I keep waiting for the ah-ha moment, the end of the struggle...I keep thinking that the fact that sometimes it is still a really huge fight means that I haven't accepted it and that I may not have reached that place yet where I just don't drink....but it's a process I guess....just like stopping drinking was, staying stopped is as well

Purplrks - wow who knew that drumming had so many healing properties! And hope you're not too sore tomorrow from the workout

PJ - I can't decide between elephant herding and moon walking....tough choices... Glad you're sleeping better...some peace, some quiet and the feeling of safety helps I'm sure.

Well I guess I am off to get ready for bed...night friends <3
Old 02-17-2017, 07:34 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

NIght, class.

Really good meeting with my son tonight. It has been a very good day.

Love you all.

Sweet dreams.

Great day, Phoenix!