Notices

Class of March 2016 part 41

Old 02-16-2017, 09:15 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

As an addendum to the "thought" - I get these from AA. I think they are powerful. Please don't get hung up on "God" or "AA". Listen to the words, not the ideology.

Love you all.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:36 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Hello all!

Bobbie he comes home tomorrow for the weekend then he goes back for another 4 weeks. I'll be honest, I'm enjoying the bed all to myself!
Old 02-16-2017, 09:47 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Happy Thursday!!

Bobbie, thanks for posting those thoughts and prayers. Personally, I enjoy them and I take the "God" and "AA" references and use them in a way that fits my philosophy.

The transition to the new digs is going well, but maybe a little slower than I'd like. I'm still spending a little too much time holed up in my makeshift office and not enough time outside. We've met a few people in our condo complex who are nice, and I've found a nice gym to go to and have connected with a few people there. Still, I don't have nearly the social network I need - but that takes time.

Can't complain about the weather or the surroundings. Scottsdale has always been one of my favorite places - I'm happy to be here.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:44 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Checking in. On my way home -I have a tea in hand and the sun is shining. What more can a girl ask for? Lol.

Haven't caught up on all the posts but I will tonight.

Today at work I became the "champion" of a new but archaic (DOS based) computer system that we are installing and I certainly could not wrap my head around it if I was drinking and/or hungover. So that's a positive that I am focusing on today.

Love you all!!
Old 02-16-2017, 01:26 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

So I have to fess up. I haven't been honest. I've been pretending I'm ok but I'm not. Remember the ex, the baby daddy I struggled so hard to get out of my house? Well, I let him back in in September. Things have not been good. I let him in because he was suicidal. And he has since been ok. Remodeling my bathroom, helping with our son. But still abusive. Just found out he is reading all my posts. Because apparently I told him to when I was drunk we got in a bad fight on New Year's Eve, I physically attacked him and the cops were here though I did not get arrested. I attacked him because he was harrassing me all night long via text horrible messages. But oh well what's done is done. Wanted to come clean because he is making me.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:33 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Jemma - hugs.

No one here cares what you've done. I care about you and your baby and want you to find a way to be happy. And Safe. Safe is important. You're one of ours, I hope you could find a way to let someone know if you are in trouble.

Love you.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:47 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Thank you Bobbie, love you. Hard times right now.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:57 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Jemma - Ditto what Bobbie said. Love you.

Bobbie - thanks for the daily reflection posts. Love seeing them!

Sam - what tea do you have today?

I laid down to take a nap after taking DDd to school and didn't wake up until after 2:00!! Feels like a wasted day, but I must have needed it. It was deep sleep. Out running errands for DD's birthday now. All in all a pretty good day to myself.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:46 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

(((Jemma))) Well, crap, relationships are hard enough - I can't even imagine having kids involved too! Kudos
Old 02-16-2017, 03:21 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Hugs Jemma!! We love you unconditionally. ❤❤

Take good care of yourself and that little baby.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:22 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

BBG - how's your day going?
Old 02-16-2017, 04:02 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Home from errands and picking up DD. I had to go to the grocery store, and although AV tried to wiggle in, I shut that B down. I picked up more seltzer water instead. If you haven't tried LaCroix's passion fruit flavor, I highly recommend it. That, and if you like flavored water, Sweet Leaf has a line of Water Drops that are sweetened with stevia and are dye free. Peach mango is my fav. Having some in ice water now and left over pizza for dinner.
Old 02-16-2017, 04:04 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
BBG - how's your day going?
Hangin' in there Sam. Gettin' ready to make a BLT for dinner and watchin' some BBT. LOL. Banana nut bread and ice cream for dessert!
Old 02-16-2017, 04:06 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

He's making you come clean? I hope he doesn't think we are going to feel sorry for him. Sorry dude I'm all out of ***** to give for "men" who abuse women.
Old 02-16-2017, 04:43 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Thinking of you Jemma. Keep posting, feel free to PM any of us too, k! Love you dear!
Old 02-16-2017, 04:45 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Thanks for those water recommendations CH. I WANT to like tea so much right now but jeepers there's three reasons running around my house as to why I can't drink a cup when it's fresh and hot.
I am definitely a sparkling water girl!
Old 02-16-2017, 06:32 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Checking in class.

Had a bit of a war waging inside my pea-brain tonight and I literally had to talk myself off the ledge. Seems having the day off tomorrow and having no plans for dinner means that my AV goes into full on battle mode. So instead of going to a sit down restaurant where ordering a glass of wine would be perhaps too difficult to pass up, we went to the food court at the mall and had Subway...lol.

I guess I am starting to settle into the idea that this really is going to be a lifelong battle...where there is always a trigger waiting and that damn AV is somewhere in the wings singing her seductive love song.

Feeling annoyed but heading to bed sober so I will take it. Night all <3

Anyways battle done for tonight.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:41 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Sam - sorry you had that mental struggle tonight. I know it all too well. It's aggravating. Sweet dreams. You'll never regret waking up sober. Good job tonight.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:02 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Jemma- stay safe. You cannot control others. The suicidal bit- you cannot heal him, stay safe. Keep posting. You do not need that shite.
aLL OF US- be mindful AND POST.

Settling in- readjusting . Here for 3 months- then another for 6 then my own place b4 xmas. A LOT of very hard work- because I choose to. Other around me just cruise- nope.
There is a Adelaide wide community project where people leave books at little drop offs- like a mild box, except cute, depending on creativity. Leave, borrow others books. I thought that is something I would have done- living in my nice family home. Checked on where to be involved. They have started one about 90 seconds from my family home. I was way cool this morning. Had first formal counselling- I got that all sorted. In my control
BUT THIS? Now I am a teary, sad mess.
Crap. I miss my sons.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:14 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it is a lifelong deal sam but it's not a lifelong struggle - it does and will get easier

I'm very sorry to read whats been going on Jemma - are you and your littl'un safe now?