Notices

Class of March 2016 part 41

Old 02-18-2017, 06:33 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

I love your post Phoenix. A fresh start for you. That sounds kind of refreshing. You are doing so well! I wish I could see some of your artwork. I love art and have been fairly artistic my entire life. Maybe that is a hobby that I need to bring back into my life. Hmmmmm....

I am glad there aren't other people's pubic hairs in your shower anymore. Ewwww. hahaha. It's the little things..... ;-)
Old 02-18-2017, 06:34 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Goodnight everyone. Day 8 is coming to a close. Love you ALL!!!
Old 02-18-2017, 06:46 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Goodnight, March people.

Finished step 3 with my sponsor. At a gym, We walked about 2 miles. Then went with my son to a very hilly park and walked about 6 miles. (was supposed to be 4, but we got lost) Was a really good day, I have to say.

Hope all is well with all of you. Love you guys!
Old 02-19-2017, 02:50 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Good morning!

At work. Will be a long day and then meeting up with my best friend who I haven't seen in a few months for dinner (he moved a couple of hours away last year). Should be interesting as our main hobby was drinking. I did let him in on my "secret" yesterday so hopefully he heard me. I think he is struggling with his own demons right now so my main goal is just to be a shoulder for him to lean on....and of course not to drink.

Well better get back to work.

Happy Sunday - try to look in the mirror and give yourself one genuine compliment today. ❤❤
Old 02-19-2017, 04:11 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Morning everybody. Sippin' startin' fluid and planning my day.

Sam please be careful when you meet with your chum buddy. Maybe make a plan of action now!
Old 02-19-2017, 04:21 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

ditto Sam
Old 02-19-2017, 06:12 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Morning all.

Just getting my day going. Headed out with my pup for a bit. I've got a mid-day flight, so that will take up a chunk of my day. A little anxious going into tomorrow's meeting - this client is a little more demanding than others. I'll be glad when I'm on the flight back on Monday.

Be good and have an awesome day!
Old 02-19-2017, 06:15 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Morning, everyone.

Day 11, yay! However, the stomach bug has hit our house, again. My 7 yo woke up at 10 last night and threw up everywhere. This continued until 4:30 this morning. Every 20 minutes she was getting sick. Felt so bad for her. I maybe got 2 hours of sleep? Exhausted, but so very grateful I was sober last night and able be there for her. Not to mention how awful the hangover would be this morning.

Going to be a beautiful day here ... probably won't be able to get out to enjoy. We'll see how the day goes. It is what it is. I won't drink today, no matter what lies my AV tells me.

Wishing you all a peaceful Sunday.
Old 02-19-2017, 07:31 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

good for you lb2 (there might be a poem in that)
Old 02-19-2017, 08:31 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Day 50 woo hoo! I like counting in days of 10 now.

Hubby got up with the kids so I'm laying in bed surfing the web. My startin fluid is calling my name though. We are headed to ikea today (yay I love that store) to finally get a bookcase for our school room that I've needed since school started and a bunch of other errands that need to get done before hubby leaves again tomorrow. Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 02-19-2017, 08:46 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Congrats on 50 PR.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:51 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Morning everyone! Day 9 and headed out for a long walk with my dog.

Bobbie: that sounds like a really nice day yesterday! Sobriety looks good on you!

Sam: I agree...be careful and maybe plan ahead for what you would say or do if he asks you to drink with him. I believe in you!

BBG: morning!!!

Phoenix: How are you today? You still enjoying your clean shower? Ha!

MITA: enjoy your walk! And hang in there during your meeting tomorrow. People can be assholes!

Ladybug: I'm so sorry about your daughter. Hang in there and take care of yourself too! Do something nice for yourself today. At least try..... Congrats on day 11!!!

PR: wow! 50 days is amazing!!! How do you feel?

Well....off to walk my dog. I'll check back in later. Xo
Old 02-19-2017, 09:30 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 50, PR!

Kiki, 9 days is awesome! Proud of you. Enjoy your walk!
Old 02-19-2017, 09:35 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Yay I get to be lazy a bit longer! Hubby is taking the boys to get haircuts, they look like shaggy from scooby door right now.

I feel good Kiki, what a difference in sleep! I used to be so tired all day everyday even when I wasn't drinking (binge drinker not everyday drinker). I fall asleep so much earlier and quicker now too! 10:30 like clockwork I'm out like a light!

Congrats LB on making it past that hump!!!! Keep going momma, you got this!
Old 02-19-2017, 09:57 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Hello Marchers! Congrats on day 9 & 11 Kiki & LDybug2! And congrats to Peacefulrain for the big five oh!
Just four weeks until spring! Except for PhoenixJ who I guess is sliding into fall. Lotsa work ahead to keep me busy soon. And my dog is insisting it's time for a walk. Laters!
Old 02-19-2017, 10:03 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Hi everyone... hope all are still fighting. This was my original class. After dropping out. After going on a year long bender, I am back. Joined the Feb 17 class with new resolve to keep fighting. Just wanted to say hello!!!
Old 02-19-2017, 11:14 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
Yay I get to be lazy a bit longer! Hubby is taking the boys to get haircuts, they look like shaggy from scooby door right now.

I feel good Kiki, what a difference in sleep! I used to be so tired all day everyday even when I wasn't drinking (binge drinker not everyday drinker). I fall asleep so much earlier and quicker now too! 10:30 like clockwork I'm out like a light!

Congrats LB on making it past that hump!!!! Keep going momma, you got this!
That's awesome PR! That gives me hope. I have always been a binge drinker too....not daily. I was (and still kinda am) always exhausted. I can't wait to have more energy!!!
Old 02-19-2017, 11:15 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Hey Badger! Great to see you! You can do it!!!!!
Old 02-19-2017, 11:38 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Hey Badger! Great to see you! You can do it!!!!!
I will definitely keep checking in here. Your positive energy helped me so much last time.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:39 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Wow!

So this happened on my walk today..........

I was about 30 minutes into it and I saw a really cute dog. I walked over to say hello and realized I knew the owner! She was an old friend of my daughters. (15 years old). I haven't seen her in a few years because they don't really hang out anymore.

Anyway, I said hello and ended up talking with her for about 30 minutes. I asked her how she had been and she said "well....it's been an interesting year...I will just leave it at that."

After talking for a few minutes she started to open up to me. I have always been good with teenagers for some reason. Well it turns out a year ago when she was 14 she tried to kill herself and was doing a lot of cutting on her arms etc. so she was in a pediatric psych ward for 10 months. So sad.

I hate to say this but I have kinda seen this coming since she and my daughter were in the same Kindergarten class 10 years ago. Her mom is a bad alcoholic and it had really effected her 2 kids over the past 10 years. Her mom's alcoholism really progressed and she ended up leaving her kids and husband.

She still saw them but my daughter's friend said even when she was only 5 years old she knew her mom was drinking and it made her feel like she was being abandoned because her mom was never emotionally there for her. This took me straight back to when I was 15 so I was able to talk to her and relate. It was kinda like 2 hurt 15 year olds talking....

Anyway, she is doing much better now but I could see the sadness in her eyes when she said her mom is still drinking and her older brother is now on drugs. It made me realize how much damage we really do to our kids when we drink even if we think they don't know. They DO know! And it causes life-time pain.

I was so glad I saw her today and I think it was definitely a "God thing". I think God wanted me to see the pain and suffering that kids of alcoholics can and do go through if their parents still drink. It reinforced why I don't want to drink anymore.

Anyway, she's not suicidal anymore and doesn't cut her arms. She is 15 now and is back in school. She said she is going to start volunteering at the local psychiatric hospital and wants to be a psychologist someday so she can help troubled kids.

I told her how proud I am of her and hugged her!!! Her dad ended up getting re-married but her mom is still drinking and absent.

The thing that really struck me was when she said that she remembers her mom drinking all the way back to when she was in kindergarten and it really hurt her. They KNOW folks! :-(

It was really good to be able to be there for her today instead of being a selfish ******* out at a bar drinking. Stupid. Just wanted to share....

Love you guys....