Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 9

Old 02-15-2017, 06:38 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hope everyone feels the love today
D
Thanks Dee! Overcast - but not cold - day in Charlotte.
Old 02-15-2017, 03:55 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!
Happy late Valentines Day! Had a nice dinner at home, which was very nice. Lots of thought went in to planning it, and it was perfect!
No, Sim, didn't spear me a sturgeon. LOL--- big !@@ ugly fish they are. Was a great day-- temps were warm, and we had a good time! Glad I was sober, since there were some pretty messed up people there.
Hope ya'll are doing well. I will post my article separately-- it was edited and ready for publication!
My best to all-
Camery
Old 02-15-2017, 03:57 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

OK........... here is my article. It is called " Just Be You". It could very well be the last chapter in my book. ( which I really have written... more of a journal I guess) Don't laugh........

Someone recently asked me if I loved myself. My first response was, of course I do, what is there not to love? Then as I really thought about it; I wondered, what does that really mean? Like everything else that comes my way that I’m not entirely certain about, I did some soul searching, some reading, and I realized that loving myself really boiled down to being true to myself. And then the question became, what does that mean?
When I stop to think about what being true to yourself means, to me it’s having characteristics of integrity, standards, honesty, genuineness, living by what is and what is not acceptable to me, morals, ethics, knowing the difference between right and wrong, decency, and trust come to mind.
I believe that everyone has his or her own set of beliefs and values. Have you ever asked yourself, what do I consider most important in my life? What completes me? What makes me angry or sad? What makes me happy? What am I proud of, or what do I stand for?
The concept of being true to yourself is not anything new, it’s all about having respect for yourself and standing up for your personal beliefs—not surrendering to others expectations or demands to suit their needs or wants. Being true to yourself leads to self-confidence, happiness, and an ability to overcome obstacles more effectively.
Listed below are some ways in which I have found helpful in thinking about your identity—and be proud if it!
• Know who you are and accept yourself. Don’t let others define you or make decisions for you that you should make for yourself.

• Do not pay attention to hateful, unkind opinions of you. Let the negative remarks go in one ear and out the other. In today’s world of haters, find the courage to be true to who you are.

• Does it really matter what people think of you? Stop worrying about pleasing other people, or living up to someone else’s standards. The people that mean the most to you are those that respect and love you for who you are.

• Surround yourself with good people. Choose your circle. Make sure that your close friends and family support and admire you for who you are.

• Treat yourself kindly. Before anyone can love you, you have to love yourself. Stop being too hard on yourself. No matter what you believe, nobody is perfect, no matter what it may seem. One bad day does not mean you are destined for a terrible future.

• And finally, we have come full circle here…love yourself. Learn to admit your flaws—they are part of you, and let’s face it, that won’t change. Put your best self forward as much as you can; people will recognize the best in you when you acknowledge it yourself.
One last thought…always remember YOU set the ground rules and boundaries—no one else has the power or pleasure. No one else ever should.Live your truth. Just be you.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:24 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Camery03 View Post
OK........... here is my article. It is called " Just Be You".
Beautifully written Camery...I needed to hear that
Old 02-15-2017, 06:52 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Aw... thanks! Glad to hear you like it!
Old 02-15-2017, 08:12 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great stuff Camery

D
Old 02-16-2017, 06:48 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Morning everybody
Old 02-16-2017, 01:05 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Wonderful Camery, thank you so much for sharing xxx
Old 02-16-2017, 01:16 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, sorry for being absent. I have been around reading your lovely posts ... quietly.... hope you don't mind. Love you all
Old 02-16-2017, 03:43 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Happy Thursday Folks
Camery-Wow! Beautifully written indeed! I'm going to print that out and start pondering the mysteries of embracing myself; good, bad, and ugly
Elke-How have you been? How's the website coming along? Hope all is well I've missed you but glad you're still here with us one way or another!
Toot-How you feeling these days (physically, emotionally, and otherwise)?

A Big Hello to everyone else, lurkers and Mayflies alike. And of course a hearty hello to our honorary Mayflies, PhoenixJ & Dee!
Old 02-16-2017, 03:52 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good weekend guys
Old 02-16-2017, 05:54 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the kind words! It means the world to me!
Happy Thursday indeed! Went to a VA Council meeting that was held at our bank this evening. Connected with some awesome people in hopes to get plugged in to some volunteering events in my new town.
Now for some R&R before a busy Friday!
Enjoy your evening everyone!
XOXO-
Camery
Old 02-16-2017, 09:02 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Old 02-17-2017, 03:42 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Friday is upon us and I for one, couldn't be any more ready for some down time! Must decompress this weekend! Just found out I will not be having the little man over.....he is visiting with his other grandma in NY. The kids will still be stopping by for a visit so I will get to see baby girl That's good because I have a kiss quota I gotta meet!
Work has been unforgiving this week. Lots of call offs = no breaks. Couple that with long days and I'm spent. Did I mention I'm glad it's Friday? On the upside, I only work half days on Fridays (thanks to long days ever other day).....and I get to leave even earlier today to make up for all the lunches I've missed this week....so I won't be there long
Hope everyone has a happy Friday!
Old 02-17-2017, 04:45 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Morning all!

@Sim - doing well...thank you for asking. My big test is when I'm alone.
Enjoy your weekend!
Old 02-17-2017, 01:20 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Have a good and sober weekend everyone

All ok here, thank you for asking, not drinking and looking after myself. My website is coming along nicely and it's stretching this little bit of creativity I have. Oh how I wish I was more creative!

I drive an old Ford Ka and for the past few months it had water coming in on the driver side. My other half and a friend spent 23 hours this week looking for this leak... it was in bits, dash board and all was out, fixed a wishbone as well and today I drove it to work again. I'm soooo grateful to have it back and promised to bake a cake this weekend for the boys.

We had a new farm quad delivered this week and I'm looking forward to a first drive on it tomorrow.

Take good care everyone, much love xxxx
Old 02-17-2017, 04:20 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Elke-Glad to hear everything is well and the website is coming along nicely!
I feeling ya on the creativity thing.....I have a serious creativity deficit. Almost like I was born without that gene-lol! Thank God we live in a cabin.....no picking out paints or matching furniture required! Just good ole fashioned log that goes with pretty much anything rustic
Hopefully they found that leak! I had a sunroof leak once. I hadn't realized it was leaking until I hit the brakes hard and ended up with a lap full of H2O.....I was late for work that day. Also had a beater one time that didn't have a working gas gauge.....that was tricky. Oh to be young again...
Have a blast on the quad!
Old 02-17-2017, 05:10 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Simp- I have started waking up my creative side. I use old cans (brushed steel). Then put a bio-friendly container inside it (drainage allowed) and go 'plant spotting'. There always seems to be little babies growing from seeds, off shoots around and there-a-bouts. I put a little plant in a tin. Gives my new (allbeit temporary) an industrial/urban green look.
Old 02-18-2017, 01:45 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

PJ-What an awesome idea and I love that it involved repurposing! I think even I may be able to give this one a go! Thanks for the tip
I do need to spend more time trying to cultivate my creativity. I enjoy writing...but when I put the pen to paper my mind draws a blank. I've actually considered learning how to knit just to keep my hands and some part of my mind busy as I "relax" but I just can't see myself whittling away
Old 02-18-2017, 02:06 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Busy day today and my stupid brain is wide awake at 0430. Getting together with friends this evening for drinks (mine will be of the non-alcoholic variety), dinner, and then we're off to see a Led Zeppelin tribute band called Get The Led Out. They're awesome, albeit the lead singer looks more like Howard Stern than Robert Plant and it takes 6 band members to replicate the same sound of the original 4. But hey, if you close your eyes and listen you can almost picture the real thing on stage! This is our 3rd time seeing them and this will be my first time sober. I have to admit I feel a little trepidation over this.....though I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's because its just us and another couple.....more pressure to be social and make conversation. I've been more of a wallflower since going sober, blending into the crowd is my camouflage, my MO these days.....hard to blend when its just 4 people. Or maybe it's because the concert is roughly 3 hours and I typically can't sit still long enough to get through an hour long episode of Taboo (hence the knitting idea). I'm sure in the end a good time will be had by all and I'm worried about nothing. I know I won't drink....just concerned about being socially awkward.