Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 9

Old 03-06-2017, 02:52 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Happy Monday Folks!
Old 03-06-2017, 04:15 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Happy Monday all!
The AV sat on my shoulder all weekend...didn't listen to it, but irritated me just as well...
Old 03-06-2017, 01:05 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Great going tootiesdad, show the AV who the boss is

Hey Sim, hope you're all ok.

Back to work for me today after a week off.

Hi Dee and PJ

Have a good and sober Tuesday X
Old 03-06-2017, 02:12 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Had an absolutely dreadful meeting at work today with the full-time staff, supervisor, & her boss. Everything was laid on the table. I mean everything. Inappropriate behavior that borders on sexual harassment, undermining, singling people out for discipline.....the hell's gonna rain down for this. On the upside, I got a bite on a resume I sent out. Hopefully, I will have an interview in the next week or so. Think it's time to jump ship.....
Old 03-06-2017, 04:12 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Happy Monday!
Good on you Toot for not listening to that pesky AV! Irritating lil bugger.
Sim-- glad to hear you had a bite on your resume. I know all too well what work drama feels like, sometimes its best to jump ship and find something new.
Hi to Elke, PJ, and Dee! Hope you are all doing well!
Crappy rainy day here.....although the temps are warm, it is still a dreary depressing day. Temps wont last long--- 20's for the weekend. Dang-- they don't call this the frozen tundra for nothing I guess!!!!
Off to figure out dinner. I started my low carb eating plan ( again) so my stomach is rumbling... of course for everything I cant have!
All my love-
Camery
Old 03-07-2017, 04:05 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Morning y'all...
Old 03-08-2017, 02:51 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Happy Wednesday All! I got a call back for an interview-Yay! Nothing changes if nothing changes, right? So I will follow through on my end and see what happens. The boss lady has gone on a "standards" kick....I'm guessing it's her way of regaining control of us anarchists. It's annoying yet slightly entertaining. Well I'm off to work. Wishing y'all a great day!
Toot- Your AV back in check?
Old 03-08-2017, 04:24 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Simplicity4114 View Post
Happy Wednesday All! I got a call back for an interview-Yay! Nothing changes if nothing changes, right? So I will follow through on my end and see what happens. The boss lady has gone on a "standards" kick....I'm guessing it's her way of regaining control of us anarchists. It's annoying yet slightly entertaining. Well I'm off to work. Wishing y'all a great day!
Toot- Your AV back in check?
AV in check!
That's impressive that you've already got an interview lined up!
Old 03-09-2017, 02:02 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Ello All!
Toot-Glad to hear the AV is back in check! My AV can be an insidious little bastard at times. I think I've finally surrendered to the idea that my AV (to some extent) will be a life long companion. Don't get me wrong, it's quieted tremendously over the last 9 1/2 months but it will always be there lurking, waiting for me to be weak.
My logical side knows that it is habitual thought process of my own creation through my abuse of alcohol. The emotional side of me views it as an almost demonic like presence trying to trip me up when I'm most vulnerable to it's attacks.
I think it can be mastered though. It has no arms to pour a drink, no legs to walk to the liquor cabinet, no brain to drive to the liquor store, and no money to pay for it. It needs us and our full cooperation to carry out it's will. It can drive us batty, but it can not do a damn thing on its own. It's a parasite. And mine doesn't care about my husband, my finances, my clean driving record, my children, or grandchildren. It simply wants what it wants, when it wants it, like a 2 year old in the throws of a tantrum.
I have found the best defense to "play the tape" the whole way through. I've de-glamorized alcohol and instead embraced the reality of what it is for me. For me it's drinking alone, not drinking in a social setting surrounded by well dressed, successful friends like they depict in commercials. For me, it's passing out fully dressed without showering or removing my make-up or brushing my teeth. For me, it's hangovers and dry heaving, and smeared eyeliner in the a.m. trying to pull it together for work. For me, it's 9 1/2 months later still paying off credit card debt because I spent so much money on booze. For me, it's poison.
The other thing I've found super helpful is distraction, distraction, distraction. I've found a couple of hobbies that require me to fully engage my thought process.

Well it's off to work for me before the sun comes up, followed by a visit with my best gal pal after work, and then off to counseling. Wishing y'all a great Thursday!
Old 03-09-2017, 04:28 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Hi all, Elke, Camery, Phoenix, Sim...

@Sim - golden words re: AV. Thank you for the insight. Next time mine rears its head again I'll be a bit more cerebral and remind myself of the bigger picture instead of just letting it fade by itself.

Hope y'all have a terrific Thursday...
Old 03-09-2017, 04:29 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Hi Toots
Old 03-09-2017, 02:26 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Sim, I second Toots... golden words and an eye opener for me. It got me thinking. Thank you sweetheart. Best of luck with your interview.

I hit another milestone yesterday, my first sober birthday in so many years I can't remember. Felt a bit odd, just as the first sober xmas did, but I wasn't tempted at all.

We had a beautiful sunshine day here today. Good night from Wales.
Have a good Friday everyone X
Old 03-10-2017, 02:59 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Major milestone indeed Elke!!!! Congrats & Happy B-day
Old 03-10-2017, 03:02 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy birthday from me too Elke

D
Old 03-10-2017, 04:59 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Happy belated Elke!
Old 03-10-2017, 11:35 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Thank you guys, that's very kind of you. I'm so glad it's the weekend and we might have dry weather, fingers crossed. It's 7:30pm and I'm in bed, surfing the net and watching six nation rugby,

Have a great weekend all.

Toots, yes you're right I read it in his voice. How nice of Morgan to drop in
Old 03-12-2017, 03:11 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Hello? 😶
Old 03-12-2017, 04:05 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Ben!!!!! Awesome to see you, you've been missed friend! Logging on & seeing your unicorn poop avatar brought a smile to my face! How you doing?
Old 03-12-2017, 04:46 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday Mayflies! Just re-adjusted all of the clocks in the house! Daylight Saving is upon us!!! Not particularly big on losing the hour of sleep but I will gladly give it up for an extra hour of day light in the evenings! The cold, gray days have started to get to me....bring on the longer days, warmer weather, & sunshine!
Got another call about a job (jazz hands) so looks as if I may have 2 interviews this week! Fingers crossed, legs crossed, positive vibes, and prayers going on here! Current work status= pure hell at this point. Actually spent my entire counseling appt. talking about the craziness at work. My counselor suggested that the off the charts behavior of my boss remind her of someone who may have a Narcissistic Personality Disorder....so I looked it up as mental health is not my genre. Holy hell, it describes her to the T! Actually half expected to see her pic next to the description I've long suspected some sort of mental illness but now I'm convinced. My counselor suggested that if I feel the profile of the disorder fits, to disengage from any further direct/group confrontation and jump ship..........consider it done. Nothing but 'yes ma'am, you got it's, ok great's, and sure things" from this girl until I'm out! A part of me feels bad for her, as this disorder is hard to manage. No pill to take to help even you out. The other part of me wants to kick her ass for being such a jackhole everyday. It's exhausting.
Not much on tap for today. Been under the weather for a week now. The hubs decided to share his cold with me and I can't seem to shake it. Couch surfing sounds good.....but the tumble weeds of dog hair aren't a good look. So maybe intermittent couch surfing/light housecleaning?
Wishing everyone a great Sunday!
Old 03-12-2017, 06:33 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

@Sim - I'm really impressed with how the job market it shaping up for you. Branch Rickey once said...'Luck is the residue of hard work'...

Happy snowy Sunday to everyone...