Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 9

Old 01-31-2017, 03:33 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Wishing all you Mayflies an amazing Tuesday!
Old 01-31-2017, 05:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Morning, peeps! Been reading thru everyone's posts and sending Good Vibrations, prayers, and hugs 💕

Wishing all a great Tuesday!!!
Old 01-31-2017, 01:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks for the advice Sim, much appreciated. yes, she has custom braces and a very good doc

Hey CG, good to hear from you

Have a good Wednesday!
Old 01-31-2017, 01:18 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

I can't help you out with that one either Elke, but best wishes for your young friend

I think balance is important Sim - it's ok to take some me time and goof off a little

Hope the week is going well for all you guys

D
Old 01-31-2017, 01:23 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

May I stop by and visit your little lambs when they come along? They're soooo cute!!!
yes please Sim, come and help us in April
I need to learn how to add pics on here so I can share the lambs with you.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:40 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elke516 View Post
yes please Sim, come and help us in April
I need to learn how to add pics on here so I can share the lambs with you.
Yes, please do post pics!
Old 01-31-2017, 05:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!
I am here! Gosh, finally read up on everyones posts, and well beings. Too much to comment, but glad to see you are all doing well and just wanted to check in and say HI!
Things are good here. As good as they can be. When we get to this point in WI winters, it gets depressing. The snow and cold cant go away soon enough, and just when you think it is over, we get another 5 inches of snow, and frigid temps. My skin has taken the brunt of it-- I have excema to boot and the dry heat has made it worse. Nothing like the heebie jeebie itchies all the time. LOL-- my friend named me "itchy !@#$%^" which really says it all. I have things to combat it, but some days it is unbearable.
I hope you are all doing well-- so glad to see you are all here. I miss you guys, and need to get back in to my regimen of chatting more often!
Love and peace to you!
Camery
Old 02-01-2017, 01:44 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Just got home from my carotid ultrasound.....
I'm bugging out in my head They spent 20 minutes on my right side doing measurements and listening to blood flow and only 10 minutes, (if that) on my left side.
The logical part of my brain says, "You're 39, weigh a buck 20, in good physical health, don't panic." DO NOT PANIC.
The emotional part of my brain is wondering why it took 10 minutes longer on the right side....the side I lost my vision on, the side my arms goes numb on from time to time. This part of my brain is in full on panic mode.
Momentarily the two side each have a valid point and are duking it out for control.......
I will not drink today
Old 02-01-2017, 03:06 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hey Camery, so good to hear from you. You're lucky that you still have internet with all that snow. Over here it would be gone for days... yes please come back more often again, I miss you too XX

Sim, try not to panic and whatever you do PLEASE DONT DRINK. You want to wake up in the morning still sober. I'll be thinking of you sweetheart xx
When will you get the results? Try to keep calm. Do you have a favorite meditation? Sending you calming vibes Sim xxx Please stay close ok.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:26 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Sim- don't drink girl! I know you won't, but don't panic, either. As much as it is easier for us to say-- try not to worry, it is easier said then done. But, at any rate, hope you find something to relax you until you get results.
We are a lot alike-- our own worse enemies!!!

Miss you too Elke! Thanks for the kinds words!!

Hope the rest of you are doing well. Not much going on here. Work has been good-- busy but good, but that is fine with me. Still lots to learn but I will get there.

Love to all-
Camery
Old 02-02-2017, 02:54 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Happy Thursday Mayflies. I'm up and hangover free In the end the logical part of me got control of myself......binged watched some reality TV......decided to load up on other people's drama instead of my own. I'm sorry I worried y'all......just trying to put it all out there and be transparent with what I'm going through and how I'm dealing with it so things don't build up like they did back in November. Thank you for the caring support
I should have the results by the end of the week so until then I'm just going to take it easy and try not to dwell on the "what ifs".
Camery-I'm feeling ya on the long winter! Cold, gray, windy days have been the theme round my way. I could definitely use some sunshine and warm weather at this point....hopefully the groundhog predicts an early spring!
Lots of love XX
Old 02-02-2017, 02:31 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Just a quicky as my broadband is close to non existent.....

Sim... girl you rock!!! Still keeping my fingers crossed for good results for you.

Happy Friday you lovely people. No snow here but very wet and windy.
xxx
Old 02-03-2017, 02:54 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! It's February!!!!! I've got my life back again after literally working every day for 2 and a half weeks. House is so messy and I'm really run down. Oh well......I made it and am grateful for that. It was strange being so involved with work and relying on my partner for childcare, cooking etc....I've missed being normal so that's what I'm going to do.....get back some peace and normality. I've missed you all and am sorry for being absent for a while. Sim you are being very brave but I would expect nothing else from you my sweet. Lots of love to you all xxx
Old 02-03-2017, 03:38 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Happy Friday Mayflies My carotids are clear! I guess my anatomy is slightly different on my right side, so that's why they spent more time there! What a relief! Looks as if I will be getting shipped off to an ophthalmic neurologist, but lesson learned.....DON'T PANIC and of course DON'T DRINK! I feel a little foolish putting all this stuff out there.....I'm typically a pretty private person. At times, I feel like my salutation should read, "Dear Diary" instead of, "Morning Mayflies". Isolation is a slippery slope for me. In my real life, I have my hubs and best girlfriend as my "go to's" for every little thing that's going on in my world. Neither would offer me alcohol when life gets rough but neither would take a drink out of my hand either. Both love me dearly but neither of them share my problem and (I think) they both think I'm cured and the answer for me is moderation from here on out. For them, moderation is the norm. For me, no such thing exists. Both were present when I relapsed.....neither one pressured me but neither one tried to talk me out of it, and when I was extremely upset with myself the next morning, neither one understood. "My God, you had one night of drinking in almost 7 months, I think you're good." My downfall that night was an accumulation of so many things. I felt life's little stresses building, accumulating. The AV chatting louder and louder but I just kept muscling through until the last straw fell and the proverbial camel's back broke right quick. Car issues had led my girlfriend to follow me home that evening. After dropping my car off at the garage I invited her to stay for dinner. I broke out a bottle of wine for the hubs and her to have with dinner (we have a wine cellar fully stocked) and I found myself wanting that wine. Not in a sip sort of way but in a guzzle sort of way. I completely lost control of my logical mind and poured myself a glass. This did raise some eyebrows but no one said a word. In a moment I had caved and it didn't stop with the empty bottle of wine because I don't do moderation. So Sim moved on to whiskey (which I don't even like) and 3 hours later I was passed out, fully dressed again. No shower, no washing my face to remove my make-up, no brushing my teeth. So gross. Ah the good old days. A terrible nights sleep followed by one wicked hangover, the likes of which I have NEVER seen before and a lingering week long case of brain fog, awoke me to revelation that I need to be more transparent with my sober family......so they could support me in a sober, rational way. My family here at SR knows the danger of just 1 drink, they understand the link between life stresses and alcohol, and they know what an AV sounds like. So this is where I turn for that support. This is where I hold myself accountable with my transparency. My real friends and family love me and want what's best for me but they just don't get it. I accept that. My sobriety is my responsibility 100% and y'all are my sounding board, my voice of reason, and my biggest sober cheerleaders! You reassure me, keep me grounded in my sobriety and I care for every single one of you deeply. Thank you friends for always being there for me.
Well if this medical scare has accomplished nothing else it's inspired me to raise my life insurance so that my family will have more than "just enough" to bury my ornery butt. I meet with an agent this afternoon to get a reasonable policy to at least pay off the house. It will put my mind at ease. After that it's off to get my grandson for the bi-weekly sleep over and the whole family will be coming over for take out and a visit. Glad I can do that without nagging worry in the back of my mind! I haven't shared my medical woes with anyone in my family.....don't want to create any worry. In their minds I'm invincible. I'm their go-to. The constant in their lives. Can't have them thinking I'm getting soft on them......so this part of my life shall remain our little secret
Wishing everyone a great day and sending lots of love to all of you!
Old 02-03-2017, 03:45 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi Jo! Good to see you, friend! I've missed ya! Glad to hear you're doing well and hopefully work will start easing up on you a little bit!
Old 02-03-2017, 02:13 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

(((Sim))) may I say in a cheer leader sort of way

Hey Jo, so glad you're back. Well done copying with all that work, have a nice relaxing weekend. Missed you hun!

I'm on my own tonight, just me and the dog, starfish night, lovely!

Have a great, sober weekend everyone xxx
Old 02-03-2017, 07:13 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

prayers sim
Old 02-03-2017, 07:30 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
prayers sim
Thanks friend
Old 02-03-2017, 07:41 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Old 02-03-2017, 08:15 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Sim

I worried myself half way up the wall last week with blood tests and thinking all the worst case scenarios.

End result - not perfect but I am fine and will be more for many years to some.

Try not to let fear get to you

D