Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 6

Old 02-09-2017, 12:46 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Good luck in the heat Steely. Qld is getting hit as well albeit not as bad as nsw (yet).
Sitting on 92 days, 8 to go to my next milestone. Then I think my following milestone will be the illustrious 6 months Then the 12 months.
I hope everyone is doing great today.
Will check back in later xoxo
Old 02-09-2017, 01:44 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Well done Solly at 84 days and Poppy at 92, Rainy, all of my November family, you all rock. Way to go.
Steely, hope it's not too stiflingly in the store. Going to work probably came at a good time. Help keep your mind off things. Hope your doing ok. Thinking of you so much.
Old 02-09-2017, 02:16 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Steely, huge congratulations on 101 days. As everyone has said, you should keep focusing on yourself. That does not make you a bad friend; you can only do so much for someone.
Poppy - 92 days is awesome! I've been thinking about lash extensions. I have really light eyebrows and lashes, and without makeup, they are invisible!
Kimmy - Well done to you, and thanks for all your hugs!
Solly - 84 days is amazing!
Badger - my mom swears by Melatonin, but I've not used it. I used to use Benadryl, until I read on here somewhere, that it can be addictive, so it is gone. Sleep would be nice, though!
Tnek - 100 days ! Wow!
Rainy - You're doing great! I am right behind you at 77 days!
To all of you Nobenders I have missed, I am sorry, but know you are with me!
I didn't find this site, until I made the decision (for the last time!) to get sober. I wish I had found it years ago, before I abused my body, embarrassed myself and my family..... you all know the drill.....
I may be prejudiced, but I think we Nobenders have the BEST group! I love you all, and "WE CAN DO THIS"!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2017, 02:17 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Rainy and November, I didn't mean to leave you out! Hugs to you too!
Old 02-09-2017, 02:34 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Hi November and Jill. Xxxx
Old 02-09-2017, 02:36 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Just making supper and made 48 cupcakes for my youngest to bring to school tomorrow for teacher appreciation week. Doubt somehow that 48 will be leaving for school with her tomorrow morning though !!!!!
Old 02-09-2017, 04:46 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Sugar cravings hit again today. I made a coffeecake and ate 2 big pieces this afternoon. I might need to send some to the neighbors. Wish I could share some with all of you.

Badge, I just tried melatonin for the first time last night and it didn't help me with sleep. I'm going to try it again tonight. It really works for my partner. Maybe it's something that works better if you take it for a few nights in a row?
Old 02-09-2017, 05:49 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Steely - I am OK with my decision to not reconnect. In a way, it was like a breaking up with my boyfriend. I've often thought about trying to reach out, but then I remember how awful our friendship was towards the end.

It's just like alcohol in a way...don't romanticize the drinking, and forget the agony.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:17 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  
Administrator

yeah she sounds bitter and twisted Steely. Abort.

Most spam these days is actually bots, not real people, so just report the post - someone else will get it if I'm in bed, or out...no point in replying to it

D
Old 02-10-2017, 12:59 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Thanks for that Dee and yes, she is bitter and twisted. If it were *just* the drinking I could probably hang in a bit because she has lost so much, but she is cruel and mean and keeps me trapped in feelings of low self esteem, counter to everything I want to achieve in myself. Operative word, "MYSELF". Done and dusted now. Sad but true.

And I thank you so much Kimmy, you are truly lovely.

It's going to be the hottest February on record today and I don't expect to get too much done outside of more organising of my flat. It's enough.

I did a bit of research on the meditation I was going to attend but remembered some time back when I was attending AA that a women took me to a free meditation class and it was creepy, and it turns out to be the same one.

The bloke who was running it was a sexist nitwit who got angry with me for challenging some of his assumptions about women. I never went back because there was, imo, a hidden agenda of cultish, quasi religiosity which did not sit well with me. Exit stage left.

Oh well, no such thing as a free lunch and will look around for something more transparent and real, as definitely do see the benefits of meditation, mindfulness, etc.

As always, sending all of my love to each and every one of our rock solid class.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:08 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Well done Tnek with your 100 mark.... brilliant!

Wishing everyone a great sober Friday night...Solly, Badge, Rainy, Kimmy, Jillwink, Poppy, Steely, Pheonix, Dee. (Sorry if I've missed anyone)
Its BBC radio 6 music with Iggy Pop hosting his show for me....excellent stuff!

Thanks to all for their posts.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:35 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Abriella, Lady, Plenny, LL Gold and Golly...thinking of you too.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:43 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Good morning nobenders. 7.30am here and already flipping hot. It's already 30c and only going to get hotter dagnamit.
I'm thinking an air conditioned trek to the beach is on the cards today
I didn't have a great day yesterday. Hormones were running rampant. So I took myself to bed at 6pm. Hubby thought I was loony going to bed so early but I thought it would be better than staying up and in a horrible mood.
Anyone have any tips on alleviating hormonal imbalances (this is probably a question for the ladies on here lol)? I have St. John's wort but admittedly I forget to take it so don't really know whether it works. I'm just sick of feeling happy, rageful, happy, psycho for one week a month you know
Any tips/advice would be welcome. I'm sure hubby would be appreciative also haha
Old 02-10-2017, 02:38 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Look after you, Steely.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:25 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Evening guys. Had a look through posts this morning. Didn't have time to post myself. Sorry, but was thinking of you all. Xx
Had a good day. Saw my therapist and then went out to the shops for a while. Did hit a few thrift stores but no luck again today.
Wow, crazy temperatures with you guys in Australia. Hope your managing to keep cool and hydrated. Non alcoholic hydration of course!!!
Going to have a lazy evening, sitting with hubby and tv. A cup of coffee and one of those cupcakes I made yesterday are calling my name. Lots of love to you all.
Old 02-11-2017, 03:49 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Good morning guys. Had a good nights sleep. Husband woke up early which woke me. So I thought I have a cup of coffee and a look through SR. It's very quiet here. Where is everybody? ❤️ Hope everyone is well. Thinking of you all. Xx
Old 02-11-2017, 07:10 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

I'm here, Kimmy, in North Carolina, USA! Drinking my coffee, catching up on SR, and planning my day. Today will be warmer (though not what your Aussies are apparently having!). Hubby and I might take a long hike or stay home and do chores. Hmmmmm, no contest there!
Old 02-11-2017, 09:54 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Still here Kimmy but could barely lift my fingers to the keyboard. It is so incredibly hot.

Been thinking of possible solutions to your hormonal horrors Poppy and don't have much to offer. I just used to bat on through, and let it all hang out.

Read somewhere that blokes don't really get it, and once explained are a bit more understanding. Ummmm.....

I know that PMT can be really severe in some women, even needing time off work.

The article made me laugh because the woman who wrote it said that if you front your (male) boss about needing time off because of hormonal stuff they get all flustered and agree without contest.

Not really making light Poppy and going to bed early and reading sounds a good idea. At least those fluctuating feelings and emotions are not alcohol related so that's a plus.

Let it hang out Poppy, and the blokes are just going to have to cop to it . What's a girl to do?
Old 02-11-2017, 10:00 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Hook into the cupcakes Kimmy. We used to call them fairy cakes (here) once upon a time, and now they've had a name change.

I dunno, I try to keep our language alive but sometimes it seems like a losing battle. Fair dinkum, ridgey didge and stone the bloody crows!
Old 02-11-2017, 01:45 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Its a cold, wet Saturday night here in Blighty and we had some snow earlier, which for central London is quite a rare occurrence.

I'm just back from watching some rugby with a couple of friends in my old local. The manager has got in five different flavours of herbal tea, which along with soda and lime or tomato juice, is now my drink of choice.
Usually when we meet it's me leading the way/setting the pace and then we'd all end up at my flat with more alcohol and usually some mdma or ecstasy or acid given by me. But tonight we went to a turkish restaurant and then all went home. I'm not quite sure what that says about me or weither it's good or bad, but it shows me I have two good friends who are happy to come out with me and not judge me or go ballistic. It doesn't bother me to be in the bar surrounded by alcohol, actually in a way I find it reinforces the reasons why not to drink, and I really feel good walking home early, sober and with my dignity intact.

I hope everyone is well, feeling great and enjoying their Saturday.