Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 6

Old 02-05-2017, 12:57 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Isn't funny how we view ourselves? You are pretty much front and centre for me badge, you and your cute little badger avatar have been here since the beginning. Clam, shrimp dip sounds yummy, and real good declining your husband's offer of a drink. It's a real boost to see that look of surprise pass over the faces of those who know our history. Enjoy the game. Enjoy sobriety.

Hi Abriella, yes, so much better to be living this way, hair loss, angst, depression and fear notwithstanding. It's a bit like waking from a dream and rubbing my eyes trying to make sense of what I see. I am so happy that I am now prepared to look.

Cool scene tnek, I really like The Eagles, and Easy, Peaceful Feeling so very calming. So happy for you tnek. I can see you sipping coffee with the windows open, cloud and fog outside, Eagles playing and your mind at rest. It's a nice image.

Hope you're doin' flippin' awesome too Poppy. Don't worry about the choccies, maybe we DO need sugar for medical reasons And big Nine 0 on the horizon.

I did very little here yesterday. It has been sooo hot. Lounged around and actually finished my book. Fish, salad, and potato with sour cream for dinner, plus more ice cream. Balance

Hi there November 15, good to see you. How are you travelling?

Hey Phoenix, I agree about the hair barometer. Seems like everything shut down on me and only now are things beginning to show a semblance of healthy mind and body. Very early days that's for sure, but I can see light at last. I'm still psycho, but semi relaxed psycho.

I think it's OK to say psycho when describing self, my psyche went OH!

Rock on Nobenders.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:09 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Hi Kimmy. We're all doing so well.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:40 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday to everyone. We woke up to a very rainy day with the possibility of snow tonight. I'll be making finger foods for the game and then going to bed early to read a book. Looking forward to a more productive week!
Old 02-05-2017, 03:01 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday rainy. Monday here and the crushing heat is beginning to abate.

Might go do a bit of op shopping. It's a good walk and starting to feel a bit stir crazy. Shout myself a coffee. Big spender!
Old 02-05-2017, 04:56 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Good evening/morning guys. Day 10 coming to an end. Had a nice day. Tidied up. Changed beds. The usual household chores. Done some cooking with the kids. Now sitting on my bed catching up.
It's funny Tnek, I heard that song about 10 minutes after I read your post. Made me think of you. X
Hope the weather cools down for you steely. Where I live (Montreal) it's like we have 2 seasons. Winter which is freezing and summer which is usually unbearably hot!
My husband is watching the super bowl, so I decided to go to my bedroom. Not really into the football thing. Wishing you all a wonderful night/day. Thinking of you all and much love. Xx
Old 02-05-2017, 05:42 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 10 Kimmy. How uncanny that you heard tnek's song. Nobenders are atuned

Bit similar here with just housework and normal stuff, but so good to not feel completely angstified every waking moment. And there's a cool breeze wafting.

Thank you Nobenders
Old 02-05-2017, 07:05 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Steely- I have lots of barometers. Untidy bedroom. Eating habits. Even what documentaries I watch. Example: I I have just watched 5 episodes of 'Killer Women', as oppose to say, Mr Bean- it may (or may not) mean something about my thought proceseeessses. As for beign ypshcosyo....excuse me- the voices are back.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:19 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Hey, Phoenix

Killer Women! You talkin' 'bout me? Those drums, those incessant drums.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:26 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Drums? DRUMS? I hear naught, but the voices, they beckon, THEY BECKON!!! (do not drink)
Old 02-05-2017, 08:43 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Well I see that I am not the only one "under the weather". I started getting sick on Mon night and by yesterday I kinda lost half my voice. Doesn't help that I've been singing a lot because I think it sounds funny. Started taking antibiotics yesterday and I think I"m getting better. It feels good to not have to worry about wether or not I can drink while taking them!

Steely the Mediterranean diet sounds yum. I LOVE olives. I'm hoping I experience some regrowth in my hair as well. Shedding has given me so much anxiety over the past few years. I always kinda hoped that if I quit drinking it would at least help somewhat. My hair also lost it's curl. Honestly, I get depressed over my hair every day. I wish I could just age gracefully and, more importantly, gratefully.

Poppy I know what you mean about the 3 month mark. That's the most consecutive days I racked up in almost 8 years. Do what you gotta do. Mine's coming up in a couple of weeks and I'm determined to surpass it this time. We got this!

I heard a quote today on a SHAIR (sharing helps addicts in recovery) podcast that was really cool so I thought I'd "shair"
"My addiction speaks to me in my own voice"
Ain't that the truth???

Day 77
Old 02-05-2017, 08:53 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Administrator

get well soon LS

D
Old 02-05-2017, 09:27 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Yes, get well soon Lady.

I know what you mean about the hair, it's totally weird, and really depressing. Looking in the mirror and seeing my hair getting thinner and thinner is very depressing, I feel your pain. My lovely thick curly hair looking like rats tails. And people saying, "oh, everyone's hair falls out." Yeah right, tell that to Kojak.

But, on the bright side, I can now actually LOOK in the mirror without blanching in shame. I'm trying to look at myself (in the mirror) as a woman growing older, not the youthful beauty of yesteryear .

It feels good finding that acceptance in myself, and I reckon that as we grow in sobriety our want for the beauty of lost (not really lost) youth will diminish, and we will become handsome, strong, beautiful women in our own right. Besides, we know it's shallow and that beauty resides within. I'm in, if you're in

I'm really putting my hair loss, colour, curl, crazy, down to stress, and though it's still falling, it's starting to sprout in other places. May this be the case for you, and what with diet and stuff we might be on a winner.

I'm not kidding mine was really receding, like a bloke's

Always lovely to hear from you Lady. And we are beautiful. No backing down.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:36 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

I hear those voices too Phoenix, from near and afar....don't drink they call, and I say, "no way, know Phoenix, and I am a Nobender." Fair dinkum, shoot me. After the drum solo, that is.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:51 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Hi lovelies,
Day 88 and feeling a wee bit 'off colour'. Has anyone experienced dizzy spells right after they stand up (it only lasts about 10 seconds)? I wonder if this is a symptom from past booze abuse to my body or maybe I am being paranoid and it's caused by the heat (QLD is experiencing a heat wave at the moment).
Whatever it is, I don't like it one bit.
xoxo
Old 02-05-2017, 10:08 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Yes, I have suffered dizzy spells Poppy. Don't know what causes them, but have certainly experienced them, that's for sure. Haven't had one for a while and it frightened me a bit too. IDK, but what with the weather and the stress our bodies are going through in these early days, it does make sense.

Two more days Poppy and you got 3 months up. Yay!

See your doctor if symptoms persist.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:32 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

I have experienced dizzy spells recently too. It doesn't last long at all either. I'm hanging in there. I hit 90 days today. Still going to my addiction counselor every week and grateful for SR. Feeling a bit down for some reason tonight, it's not too bad but just one of those nights. If I were drinking, it would be so much worse. Hope everyone is doing well and I'm sorry for not being on here as much. I definitely need to come here more and I will.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:47 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

I think that for me- my old bod is getting back to 'normal' (what ever that means to me I am working out) physically. Any feelings of unwellness in the past were easily explained away or masked by booze. I also think it is good we talk about how we feel because in isolation physical symptoms may seem silly, but in reality they are not. Our shared experiences help each other. A good example is the simple NEED for sleep. For regeneration of cells etc. Some around me boast at the fact they do not need sleep, like it is a superhero ability. Nope.
Old 02-05-2017, 11:01 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Hi Angie, good to see you, and congratulations on 90 Days

Sorry you are feeling down, but as you say, if you were drinking....really hope you keep dropping in.
Old 02-05-2017, 11:06 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

yeah, I feel silly talking about physical stuff, but when it comes down to tin tacks we all seem to have our own, yet similar little fears and when shared, don't seem silly at all. It really helps.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:22 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

good morning Nobenders.
Rainy I hope you are staying safe, I understand there is a lot of ice in your area, stay home and kick back the hot chocolate okay!
I haven't had any dizzy spells that I am aware of, however I am blonde so it may be my natural state,,,,,
Start of my work week, oh joy I tried to find that movie the conjuring on netflix but no joy, so will continue my search.

stay strong and united all!
badge